-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Fargo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pot Posted - 05/02/2017 : 05:28:42
Thus far into season 3 I am somewhat compelled to speculate as to the continual success of this series.

S03 has been pretty solid so far, better than s02 which I grew very quickly bored of.

I think it might be the best on yet, and a cool soundtrack to boot.

If anyone knows what this video is supposed to be then I'd love to know. It's very funny and a cool tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU4w12oDjn8
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bedbug Posted - 08/13/2018 : 00:17:18
Finally started season 3, very good so far
pot Posted - 09/03/2017 : 06:19:40
McEwan gets a lot of stick from folk, maybe something to do with his less than average portrayal of a young Obi Wan? Anyway, I kind of rate the guy as an actor, he's pretty versatile. He was in some western recently and I didn't even clock on initially who it was playing his character. I thought he nailed the Stussy brothers. Michael Stuhlberg was also good, and as previously indicated I am a big fan of David Thewlis, largely owing to his performance in the dark 90's film drama Naked. Coon, Winstead and Sandoval also played great parts as the female lead characters.

I think season 4 is still up in the air.. who knows.
The Maharal Posted - 09/03/2017 : 06:05:14
That's fair enough, different strokes and all that but I felt it was vastly inferior to the previous two. It was a bit all over the place, for me. McEwan was better than I thought he would be but his characters weren't as captivating as those in previous seasons. By the end, I really didn't care too much what happened to anyone. (Besides Michael Stuhlberg's character - he was great - but sadly he'd been sort of pushed to the side halfway through...)

Any word of a fourth season?
pot Posted - 09/03/2017 : 05:50:41
Kind of the opposite of you there. It's a toss up between S1 and S3 for me. I found S2 a bit slow, but I liked the ufo bit at the end. I was kind of expecting something weird to happen at the end of S3 because that seemed to have become a trademark of the film/TV series by then.

I really liked S3, good characters and acting all round there for me. But the ending was a little bit unspectacular. I think the producer wanted to leave it a bit open ended there.
The Maharal Posted - 09/03/2017 : 04:46:08
What did you make of season three overall pot? Being honest, as a big fan of the first two seasons, I thought it was horseshit. Very disappointing. It just didn't work.

For me: s2 > s1 > s3. Season two was almost perfect for me (despite the UFO element which I found quite grating). The inner-family conflict was brilliantly done.
pot Posted - 05/06/2017 : 17:22:51
Usually when there's a season and it's this good so far into the 3rd episode you can usually expect some more.

I like the filmatography of it and the acting and the lines.

It makes me feel good inside to know that there are still people out there pushing the boundaries of television.

Look at it 20 years ago, some good stuff but the real artn was somewhere else.

Now we have the technology to make great things of the film and TV medium, and more people

Stanley Kubrick predicted this, as did my local grocer when I was growing up in the late 80's, Jim Richmonds.

Kubrick predicted films would become TV, and he specified width to height dimension. My late grocer of youth predicted that people would one day soon stop hiring VHS (which he was renting as a side line at the time) and expressed worry to me about it. It took longer than he imagined, owing to the invention of DVD players and the slowing of technological evolution.

All of the above is a true depiction of my memory, and most of the people mentionted above have real names.
Stevio10 Posted - 05/06/2017 : 11:26:18
Big fan of the movie and series 1 and 2. Looking forward to series 3 by the sounds of it.

By the way, the movie A Simple Plan directed by Sam Raimi and starring Billy Bob Thornton really has that Fargo feel.

Raimi and the Cohen's attended the same school / college if Ive read correct.

pot Posted - 05/04/2017 : 22:15:54
I think anyone would find it hard to be disappointed with season 3, so far any way.

Disappointing to miss an episode of the Stussy brothers and V.M. Varga played by the brilliant David Thewlis this week, but the last episode was full of little weird things that maybe mean something or tie in to some other part of the overall plot somewhere, or are just amusing. I loved the cartoon interludes depicting the sci-fi novel, and I normally hate things like that.

Very polished. I'm a big fan of season 3. And we haven't even had Twin Peaks or Game Of Thrones yet!
coastline Posted - 05/04/2017 : 07:18:24
The TV critic from NPR's Fresh Air had very good things to say about seasons one and two -- how he didn't think season one could be as good as the movie, but he was surprised, and then he didn't think season two could be as season one, but he was surprised, and now he has high expectations for season three, which he's sure means he will be disappointed.

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000