-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 The Leftovers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stevio10 Posted - 07/15/2017 : 11:10:43
Halfway through season 2 and enjoying it. Anyone else watched it?

Plenty of questions and not many answers but I enjoy the characters, plus the music is great. (WIMM features prominently in season 2).

Justin Theroux does a great job as does Christopher Eccleston, I only hope the show doesn't get cancelled!

Edit: For those who don't know about the show, 2% of the world's population just disappear in what is shown to be something akin to the rapture.

The people who remain are the leftovers. Why they remain and what happens next are the real questions of the show.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OLDMANOTY Posted - 07/30/2017 : 13:07:49
I love The Leftovers, one of my all time favourites. Season 1's a bit of a slog (still really good) but 2 & 3 are just fantastic - it really stays with you. A shame it's over as I think there was plenty of scope for it to continue. No-one watched it, apparently.
pot Posted - 07/22/2017 : 01:31:05
At the current global death rate of around 55 million people per year it would take roughly 250 years for 2% of the current world's population to die. I hope this helps to put things in to context.

edit. I have obviously grossly miscalculated that as if this were true then it would mean that it would take 12,500 years for everyone in the world to die if people stopped procreating.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 07/21/2017 : 09:03:33
Sounds like a twist on the zombie theme...

I'm not sure society would change much with 2% of the people vanishing. Some vacant jobs and properties, and presumably you're left with the majority of 'decent' and the minority of not-so-decent people, but I guess that's why I'm not a writer. Anybody else think it's worth digging into?

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Bedbug Posted - 07/17/2017 : 10:07:54
Like Lost, thought it had brilliant moments and lame moments. But overall two thumbs up.

I'm pretty sure season 3 is the last.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000