-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Giving up Sugar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 04/03/2017 : 19:46:04
Has anyone else on here given up processed sugar?

I indulge every so often (like tonight in some chocolate bars) but my energy levels are amazingly high when I don't have any. I still eat fruit though. I try to limit it to holidays/special occasions.

Anyone else refrain from the white carbohydrate? If you're thinking about it, I recommend it, though you may go through a short withdrawal phase.

cheers

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coastline Posted - 05/04/2017 : 07:22:57
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

Any sugar substitutes you recommend?

Truvia is pretty good, for what it's worth.

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.
Srisaket Posted - 04/09/2017 : 19:28:45
Not quite the same but my wife gave up sugar as part of an extreme fad diet she did a few years ago. She lost a load of weight (10 Kg over 8 weeks)but felt like shit all the time. She wouldn't go there again.
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 04/08/2017 : 06:41:03
That's pretty good Discoking and more than what I did as I still eat fruit.

It is challenging since so many foods have sugar in them, I do my best when buying things to see if I can find something sans sugar or at least with the tiniest amount. The first week was difficult, I had big time cravings for the stuff but it faded in time.

cheers
Discoking Posted - 04/07/2017 : 22:44:52
i tried giving up all sugar for a while, including fruit, honey, etc.
it was hard. first of all, a lot of things contain sugar, even if you wouldn't expect it. and i didn't feel satisfied after a meal, so i gave up quickly.
the plan was to do this for a couple of weeks, but i think i lasted only two or three days. oh well.

it's educational
Discoking Posted - 04/06/2017 : 01:54:28
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Arm Arm

Avoid stuff like aspartme (found in diet pop/soda) which was found to cause cancer.

i don't believe that is true.

i do avoid it, though, because i think it tastes icky.

it's educational
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 04/05/2017 : 06:15:20
No, I don't use any nor have any knowledge of substitutes, Bedbug.

Maybe honey? Avoid stuff like aspartme (found in diet pop/soda) which was found to cause cancer.

I either just eat fruit or indulge in homemade cookies etc or the energy bar or chocolate bar. But I've noticed I feel the best when I don't have any of the processed sugar at all and just enjoy fruit.
Bedbug Posted - 04/05/2017 : 03:20:53
Any sugar substitutes you recommend?
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 04/04/2017 : 06:48:46
I'm not trying to proselytize here but I can't recommend giving it up enough. I was happily surprised at the difference it made in my life. And I was someone who would dump a ton of sugar in my coffee (now I take it black). I had heard about how bad sugar was but the difference in my energy levels was HUGE once I stopped. Or at least got it down to a much less frequent consumption.

Sugar and corn syrup are in so many things it's disgusting.

Anyway, everyone's different so who knows but you may like what you discover after two or three weeks without.

c'est tout!

Carl Posted - 04/04/2017 : 02:38:18
I don't eat loads of chocolate or anything, but I definitely enjoy too many bowls of sugary crap like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes! Plus I'm well over due a trip to the dentist...

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000