-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 First post-reunion recordings ca. 2004

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hickster9 Posted - 12/09/2016 : 04:13:59
Hi gang...

I'm wondering if anyone remembers way back to 2004ish when the reunion was getting off the ground and they put out Bam Thwok and Ain't That Pretty At All...followed at some point by All Around the World at Newport. Those three I think of as the first new recordings by Pixies.

And now I finally get to my question: I sort of remember hearing that there was a second song they wrote around the time of Bam Thwok, either that was going to be submitted for Shrek 2 as Bam Thwok was, or just something they were tinkering around with. Does anyone know what song that was? I think I recall that it was a Black Francis-penned song, but they went with Kim's for the soundtrack submission.

I've tried this thing called google, and the search engine on this forum, but I just can't seem to find any info about it...

I like cows, they go moo when they eat
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hickster9 Posted - 12/19/2016 : 07:43:42
Thanks Sam,

That song may well be the one. Just never knew if it turned up someplace. And apparently it has.

Then again, this fellow posits that there is another mystery Pixies song out there. (2nd post on this page) http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15435&whichpage=24

Anyone else know anything?

I like cows, they go moo when they eat
Sam Posted - 12/11/2016 : 23:11:16
Hi There, I belive the song was called Black Suit and may have had something to do with a spiderman movie.
There is a song called black suit that ended up on a GRand Duchy record. Not sure if related - https://youtu.be/hp09EPx63aE

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000