-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 New Pixies Get Radio Play

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fissile Posted - 10/27/2016 : 11:02:16
I was driving home this afternoon, listening to WFUV on the radio, and I heard Tenement Song off Head Carrier. After the song finished, the DJ said.....in a very sincere way.....'Looks like the Pixies are back." I agree, it looks like they are back to being a real working band. BTW, I enjoyed listening to the song while driving.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fissile Posted - 11/11/2016 : 07:39:35
New Pixies tunes seem to be in regular rotation on WXPK, a New York City area radio station.
The New Bolero Posted - 11/04/2016 : 20:57:14
"Classic Masher" debuts on the Adult Alternative Songs airplay chart (dated Nov. 12) at No. 30, marking the influential Boston act's first appearance on the chart (which began in January 1996). The track follows six entries that Pixies logged on the Alternative Songs chart, where they rose as high as No. 3 with "Here Comes Your Man" in July 1989. The new song marks the band's first Billboard airplay chart appearance since "Head On," which reached No. 6 on the Jan. 25, 1992-dated Alternative Songs chart.

WTMD Baltimore, KCSN Los Angeles, KCMP Minneapolis and WXRV Boston are among the leaders in plays for "Classic" so far.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/pixies-hit-first-airplay-chart-since-1992-classic-221100526.html
Helmut Posted - 11/04/2016 : 17:37:15
It's been getting a fair bit of airplay on the oldies station JJ and a bit on youth station JJJ in Oz. Community radio is all over it, this is the proper comeback album.
The New Bolero Posted - 11/03/2016 : 18:10:32
I've heard "All The Saints" come up a few times on KCRW in the past week or so.
Ziggy Posted - 10/30/2016 : 06:08:50
Heard it on BBC 6Music too.
pixiestu Posted - 10/30/2016 : 00:25:00
Tenement Song is the one song I've actually heard on the radio. It was a couple of weeks before the album came out. I think it was Jo Whiley who played it on BBC Radio 2.

"The arc of triumph"
Sprite Posted - 10/27/2016 : 15:13:36
My kids are at the age where they stipulate that we can only play 'modern chart music' in the car. Head Carrier hit #7 in the UK album charts on its release. It's all they've been getting ever since :)

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000