-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Where Is My Mind inspiration?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
OLDMANOTY Posted - 10/04/2016 : 22:47:34
I came across this post on another forum I frequent. Has this been covered here before or is it something new? New to me anyway.

quote:
I think I've come up with an original observation: Where Is My Mind references Ender's Game.

I've been reading Ender's Game because it's one of those books you have to read I guess and it's alright really—despite not being able to constantly think about what a terrible person the author is—and came to this part:

"I said why does every one of you have his feet in the air and head towards the ground!"

and then the very next thing that happens? Ender teaches the soldiers a battle trick called "spinning" and instructs them all to try it.

I could be full of shit, but reading it I thought "this is definitely Where Is My Mind".

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PixieSteve Posted - 10/08/2016 : 08:07:58
Without spoiling the book too much, titular line 'where is my mind' could relate to the bugger's consciousness...? Maybe a stretch.
OLDMANOTY Posted - 10/06/2016 : 10:55:39
Yeah sorry don't know why I didn't link it. Motherbanger!
stuczuba Posted - 10/06/2016 : 10:48:59
quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

Yay for Chris Morris!

Just seen it on CaB!
The Maharal Posted - 10/06/2016 : 09:01:14
Yay for Chris Morris!
stuczuba Posted - 10/05/2016 : 22:26:52
's a good spot!
The 2nd and 3rd Enders books are worth a look, after they're all about how Scott Card would like the world to be and are well worth avoiding.
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 10/05/2016 : 16:41:05
I agree Carl, given Frank's interest in sci-fi and love of obscure references...
Carl Posted - 10/05/2016 : 16:35:00
I just read this elsewhere. It's pretty intriguing and actually seems plausible...
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 10/05/2016 : 11:31:34
That's an interesting observation. assuming the passage is accurate.

I read Ender's Game years and years ago based on someone's recommendation. It was all right, but I wasn't taken with it the way my friend was and never read anything else from the author. I don't remember much of it at all.

As an aside, I wouldn't call Orson Scott Card a terrible person because of his religious beliefs.

cheers

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/05/2016 : 10:35:32
That's a new one to me - and not one I would put past FB given his love of SciFi. Interesting anyway! Sounds like another...

<echo on>crackpot theory</echo>

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000