-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 WatchMojo's Top 10 Best Pixies Songs.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carl Posted - 10/02/2016 : 14:09:16
WatchMojo.com - Top 10 Best Pixies Songs.

I like it, but I wouldn't have 'Dig for Fire' in my top 10... 'Break My Body' and 'No. 13 Baby' would be in there somewhere. No prizes for guessing their top pick...

Heh, they've got 'Bone Machine' listed as 'Mr. Grieves' there.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sdon Posted - 10/12/2016 : 10:45:01
^^ good post

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
two reelers Posted - 10/12/2016 : 08:09:01
Take any 10 songs of Trompe Le Monde (does it have that many?), with the exception of Lovely Day - that would be my list.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
pixiestu Posted - 10/07/2016 : 14:49:59
quote:
Originally posted by OLDMANOTY

Young lad with almost zero knowledge of Pixies reacts to that video. I found it amusing that on literally first listen of song snippets he's able to confidently tell whether they're good, bad or indifferent!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eerdsloz1rQ

Nice find, it was quite enjoyable to watch him react to most of the songs for the first time. Quite strange actually considering how big a part of our lives a lot of these songs have been for years!

He says he's going to review the albums at some point. I'd certainly watch those.

"The arc of triumph"
OLDMANOTY Posted - 10/06/2016 : 10:18:35
Young lad with almost zero knowledge of Pixies reacts to that video. I found it amusing that on literally first listen of song snippets he's able to confidently tell whether they're good, bad or indifferent!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eerdsloz1rQ
benji Posted - 10/06/2016 : 08:53:38
quite liked that 12 minute vid. sure, not the same top 10 as me, but that's hardly the point.
some interesting trivia as well - nothing new for me, but also, hardly the point.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 10/06/2016 : 06:19:49
I never thought about a top 10 list of Pixies songs before but when I tried now...impossible. I just couldn't do it without cutting some songs that should be on there. They've got a pretty amazing run of albums.
OLDMANOTY Posted - 10/04/2016 : 10:54:49
Nice to see this. Of course WIMM was always going to be number 1, it's the law.
Ecto Posted - 10/03/2016 : 12:40:18
In the opening they had Bone Machine listed as Mr. Grieves...
pixiestu Posted - 10/02/2016 : 16:56:05
I don't know if it's coincidence but most of the songs on their top ten are the ones with official videos from back in the day. And the others seem to be taken from the same few gigs/sources.

I'd imagine whatever they could get the best footage of has dictated the top 10 slightly, and songs with official videos (and therefore the studio audio rather than live) are seen as more interesting to feature in a video.

"The arc of triumph"
johnnyribcage Posted - 10/02/2016 : 14:29:37
Well I had 5 in common. I quickly went through the track lists of every album and did a gut instinct list of about 15, then whittled it down. Then watched the video. Notable inclusions on my list that didn't make their cut - Motorway To Roswell, The Happening, Mr. Grieves, and yes, Blue Eyed Hexe.

If I did that same list again in a week it might be different, but probably not by much.

Take me to the vineyards of Lavaux
Want to see the mountains where the waters flow
johnnyribcage Posted - 10/02/2016 : 14:15:24
Pre-watch... my over/under on my agreement with this list is 5... let's see how close I am. These are always good for thread fuel, lol.

Take me to the vineyards of Lavaux
Want to see the mountains where the waters flow

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000