-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Um Chagga Lagga

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
McDutchie Posted - 08/02/2016 : 08:39:52
It's interesting how the song developed since they started trying it out.

Live in 2015: https://youtu.be/A_AP-O1GUkw
Live in 2016: https://youtu.be/ogcE3v8cGsA

The newer version is faster and feels more urgent. Joey's part was completely redone and is much more developed. A nice touch is that Paz now sings the line "And that crazy stuff got in my brain".
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
trobrianders Posted - 10/15/2016 : 14:43:01
Right now really enjoying the Superlecker demo O Little Cloud which was released along with demo of Um Chugga Lugga last Halloween.

pot Posted - 09/23/2016 : 10:44:40
I'm not sure, but I don't think so. They weren't a hip hop band and they wore more like loose fitting bags on their heads rather than tying stuff round their heads.

I'll look them up on google shortly...

Cheers

Ummm... no it wasn't The Rubberbandits whoever suggested that and then deleted their post...
pot Posted - 09/23/2016 : 10:37:45
You know the bit at the end of UCL where Frank sings a couple of lines in a really stupid voice?

Back in 2006 when I lived in Nijmegen in Holland, at the Zomer Feest in Valkhoff park the first band I saw play live that week was this weird punkish band, and they all wore white bags over their heads with holes for eyes and the mouth and silly faces drawn on them... and they sung the entire set exactly like that, in a high pitched kind of Mickey Mouse voice.

It was very amusing. The damnedest thing is though I can't blood remember what they were called?

I've tried googling and looking up the line up for that year, but I can't work out what they were called. If anyone knows maybe, a long shot...

If I remember correctly the the next band on that stage were The Chap, and they were also very good and I got into them properly years later in 2013 when they released We Are Nobody and then I worked out it was them. In between then I had no live or studio experience with them.

pixie punk Posted - 09/13/2016 : 02:47:41
https://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/cora-pearl/ Now that the Head Carrier release is upon us I'm starting to look into the characters and places Mr.Black mentions in the lyrics.Cora Pearl's bio is certainly interesting.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
picpic Posted - 08/03/2016 : 10:07:30
I much prefer the acoustic 2015 Joey solo. Really good. Classic Santiago !

I know Joey likes to troll us with dumb (yet captivating) solos, but the one from the album version is a bit lame. I think

Great track anyway.

___
"Service Unavailable"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000