-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 FB&The C's Slim's S.F. 1998 Recording.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pixie punk Posted - 08/24/2016 : 04:11:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcIhqne4moY Recently uploaded on YouTube.Posting in case any of you like me hasn't heard it before.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
solofloyd Posted - 09/06/2016 : 02:30:25
Thanks so much for posting this. I have always wanted to see Frank do Speedy Marie live, but he never has at any of the shows attended. This was a great show!
Stevio10 Posted - 08/27/2016 : 12:09:55
Talking of the rhythm section, I saw them live last week with the reunited Miracle Legion. They're still great and Dave has the same moves! Those guys are lucky (and talented) to play with such amazing songwriters/performers, the Miracle Legion gig and Catholics 01 gig are my top 2 ever.
Gramoul Zlu Posted - 08/27/2016 : 07:53:52
Thanks a lot for the upload Benji, actually I hadn't any torrent client installed since I got a new computer a few months ago... that might be the reason for the link not appearing on the page.

Indeed, the sound is much clearer, maybe lacks a bit of bass compared to the other version but this source and mix bring much more details and subtlety. So great improvement.

All in all, I realized I had not listened to a live recording by FB&C since maybe 4, 5 years ago and boy how I've missed that. What a great band they were(I had forgotten how good the rythm section is, probably an aspect that helped getting those performances so tight), such an amazing repertoire, energy... What a way to go back to the experience too, I've always enjoyed the shows from that period (1998 - 2000), their kind of sound, the setlists.

On this particular gig, I enjoyed I Switched You a lot, very close to the original Pistolero recording(seems it was actually done the week before); I Need Peace / I Gotta Move and So Hard To Make Things Out also were highlights for me. Thanks!
pixie punk Posted - 08/26/2016 : 17:07:10
Gracias Benji for your contribution.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
benji Posted - 08/26/2016 : 10:29:30
And here is my (not really mine as I didn't record it, but you know what I mean) version of this show (in mp3): https://mega.nz/#!8xo2kCTS!dzanozj2AS3JSWkR0xivvj_h9aae3k9t-XVSZd7KcBs

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
benji Posted - 08/26/2016 : 10:10:39
quote:
Originally posted by Gramoul Zlu

Hi Benji, I signed up to the site but didn't find how to download the torrent on the page you mentionned, can you help? It's been years since I've used the site(hence the new account) but still I'm feeling a bit stupid now, didn't expect to be stuck with such a simple action!

Click on the link next to Torrent File - it's the first line right at the top.
This assumes you've got a bittorrent program installed, but seeing as you've used dime before, I think I'm pretty right at assuming that....

Arm - no worries. I'll have a non-dime mp3 version available in a few mins to download as well.

Arm Arm Arm Posted - 08/26/2016 : 06:23:41
I'm not on dime but thanks for uploading this and the other shows you've shared over the years, Benji.

cheers
Gramoul Zlu Posted - 08/26/2016 : 05:07:39
Hi Benji, I signed up to the site but didn't find how to download the torrent on the page you mentionned, can you help? It's been years since I've used the site(hence the new account) but still I'm feeling a bit stupid now, didn't expect to be stuck with such a simple action!
benji Posted - 08/24/2016 : 13:26:40
I uploaded a better sounding recording of this show to dime recently:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=567971

The guy who uploaded that version to youtube also uploaded it to dime, so I shared my version for comparison and completeness. My version is missing 1 song, has some rough cuts, but does sound better.

Arm Arm Arm Posted - 08/24/2016 : 11:26:11
Jumping around to different songs.

Really good sound quality and I love the tempo, so fast!

pixie punk Posted - 08/24/2016 : 11:17:50
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Arm Arm

Thanks for posting this pixie punk and thanks to "The Happy One" for uploading it!

cheers

You are welcome Arm Arm Arm,a great recording it is.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Arm Arm Arm Posted - 08/24/2016 : 11:01:18
Thanks for posting this pixie punk and thanks to "The Happy One" for uploading it!

cheers

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000