-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Pixies 2016

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stuczuba Posted - 02/08/2016 : 00:34:33
https://youtu.be/hKdtiZ3kRUU

Looks like the album hype is gently ramping up ahead of the tour. Nice to see Paz in there, hope they keep her involved with the promotional stuff and don't just sideline her
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stuczuba Posted - 07/16/2016 : 19:58:36
The stream from Les Vieilles Charrues is on Dime - has the same 4 newies but the sound quality is much nicer than the NOS one.
picpic Posted - 07/15/2016 : 06:18:05
Confirmed by Paz on Instagram: this is from the Um Chagga Lagga video.

___
"Service Unavailable"
natenate101 Posted - 07/13/2016 : 08:55:05
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

These 6 seconds of Head Carrier might have me more excited about the album than the other full versions of new songs we've heard.... Just something about the vibe that I love. Very Bossanova reminiscent.... https://www.instagram.com/p/BHmPSxxjflW/

I just let these 6 seconds play over and over in a loop, they sync up pretty well. This line has been stuck in my head for days.

Same. I've been saying it a lot as I've previously mentioned. I prefer the other clip of the song, the longer one from Lisbon with the extended buildup. Eager to see what it sounds like in full.
yarbles Posted - 07/13/2016 : 08:47:12
These 6 seconds of Head Carrier might have me more excited about the album than the other full versions of new songs we've heard.... Just something about the vibe that I love. Very Bossanova reminiscent.... https://www.instagram.com/p/BHmPSxxjflW/

I just let these 6 seconds play over and over in a loop, they sync up pretty well. This line has been stuck in my head for days.
natenate101 Posted - 07/13/2016 : 07:54:12
^ don't know about ratings, but I definitely like UCL more than Bagboy or pretty much everything off of IC aside from What Goes Boom and Blue Eyed Hexe.
sdon Posted - 07/13/2016 : 07:32:42
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

so the new song is pretty bad right?

Which song?

We haven't seen many ratings on these boards, but here's what I would say:
- Um Chagga Lagga : 6/10 solid
- Classic Masher : 8/10 brilliant (probably better on the album)
- Baal's Back : 8/10 in-your-face (like Blur's Song 2?)
- Head Carrier : hard to say from the bits we've heard

for comparison purposes on my subjective ratings:
Tame : 11/10
Bagboy : 9/10
Another Toe : 2/10
Bam Thwok : 5/10

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
PixieSteve Posted - 07/13/2016 : 06:50:35
so the new song is pretty bad right?
sdon Posted - 07/13/2016 : 01:19:44
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

I find that that version doesn't exist....

sorry : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCZeaISMeHo

--
yarbles Posted - 07/12/2016 : 22:23:22
I find that that version doesn't exist....
sdon Posted - 07/12/2016 : 13:29:40
quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

Not the best quality but here's Masher from Lisbon on the 7th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VkSU3Ww2o

I find this version better
http://youtu.be/fCZeaISMeH

--
Broken Face Posted - 07/12/2016 : 09:10:30
It's weird, I prefer both "Classic Masher" and "Silver Snail" as solo acoustic pieces than the band versions, and I don't think it is coincidental that those two tracks sounded (perhaps) the most like solo FB stuff in their acoustic debuts.

Not that I dislike either full band version, but to me, "Classic Masher" had a real drive to it that is somewhat obscured by the arrangement. "Silver Snail," too, seems a little tentative with the full band.

- Brian
johnnyribcage Posted - 07/12/2016 : 08:30:31
That "toot toots" line - kind of cringe at that one. Maybe it will grow on me.

My density has popped me to you.
natenate101 Posted - 07/12/2016 : 07:26:17
quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

Not the best quality but here's Masher from Lisbon on the 7th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VkSU3Ww2o

Sounds like a real quality song. It all works.
stuczuba Posted - 07/12/2016 : 07:17:59
johnnyribcage Posted - 07/12/2016 : 06:33:40
Looks like a bit of a tripping hazard they got there...
Is BF rocking a 'stache?

My density has popped me to you.
picpic Posted - 07/12/2016 : 03:59:41
No video yet, just pictures posted on social media

___
"Service Unavailable"
wilson Posted - 07/12/2016 : 01:18:00
quote:
Originally posted by natenate101

@wilson, which (if any) of the other album tracks would you say seem most likely to transition well in a live show?
We have them playing these 4 new songs, so I'm curious what may come next if they add a few as they go.

How was the Brixton show overall? Did Head Carrier and Classic Masher translate well for you?

they all sounded really good, but masher did feel a bit flat even though i was so excited to be seeing it live after all these years. listened again this morning and figured out why - the chorus is very layered and i'm fairly certain i can hear keys deep within the mix. then the record ran into 'might as well be gone' and i realised keys live on that chorus too, though much more obviously.

despite being relatively raw, there sure is a lot of depth to this record. i'm on about 30 listens and i'm still discovering nuances that weren't noticeable to my ears prior.

re: toulouse track, looked around for a video but couldn't spot. can anyone point me in the right direction?
yarbles Posted - 07/11/2016 : 23:45:01
And then there's Super Lecker..... not sure if that was ever recorded.... But it looks like the band will have a good handful of b-sides/extras in case they want to release a surprise EP or something next year. :)
sdon Posted - 07/11/2016 : 23:42:10
quote:
Originally posted by jake3

Excellent news! Feelin' pretty pumped!

Anyone else notice the song titles being recorded? [Down In] Toulon, [Classic] Masher, [I Like To] Drive, Head Carrier and [Wasted] Talent are all visibly present.

Wonder if we'll ever hear Down In Toulon and I Like To Drive, recorded but not on Head Carrier's tracklist

--
sdon Posted - 07/11/2016 : 19:27:11
Wilson, which track will be featured in the video shot in Toulouse?

--
natenate101 Posted - 07/11/2016 : 17:29:04
@wilson, which (if any) of the other album tracks would you say seem most likely to transition well in a live show?
We have them playing these 4 new songs, so I'm curious what may come next if they add a few as they go.

How was the Brixton show overall? Did Head Carrier and Classic Masher translate well for you?
darwin Posted - 07/11/2016 : 17:09:55
quote:
Originally posted by kurtblack
The idea that you can't the flaw in your "logic" and you think you made a point is amusing.

The FACT you can't recognize being mocked is sad. So sad.

Here's a hint: we all know the band is different. Not the same. But things can change and still retain the same name. Sports teams! They change rosters every year (even within a season) and yet they don't change their name. My 2016 Red Sox are the Red Sox, just like my 2004 Red Sox. That's a FACT.
darwin Posted - 07/11/2016 : 17:04:44
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

Everybody being here is going to make me cry. Hi darwin.

Howdy hammer.
natenate101 Posted - 07/11/2016 : 17:02:55
quote:
Originally posted by wilson

beef! i'd be intrigued to hear what you guys think from this clip (joey's parts are lost, with the exception of the flubbed solo)

Lol, that solo did sound pretty wack. Thought he was repeating his part from UCL. I really can't wait to hear BF's studio vocals on that.

Jonesing it hear Head Carrier now.
wilson Posted - 07/11/2016 : 15:00:15
beef! i'd be intrigued to hear what you guys think from this clip (joey's parts are lost, with the exception of the flubbed solo)
yarbles Posted - 07/11/2016 : 14:34:56
Just posted this in the Brixton show forum, but couldn't help posting here too. Finally, Baal's Back! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0hqnHTe2fk
wilson Posted - 07/11/2016 : 14:08:00
ha! i live in brixton so couldn't not go ..

the pit went wild for baals, was so cool to see. also played head carrier, masher and UCL which i guess has been the norm this tour?
yarbles Posted - 07/11/2016 : 11:35:15
Record vids everybody! New songs need to be heard and dissected here!
sdon Posted - 07/11/2016 : 09:43:24
What if Wilson was BF?

--
Sprite Posted - 07/11/2016 : 09:41:27
Looking forward to the updates. Enjoy it :)
stuczuba Posted - 07/11/2016 : 09:31:59
I'm about 5 rows back on Paz's side, support have just finished..
picpic Posted - 07/11/2016 : 08:53:42
Wilson, will you perform onstage ? A la Bob Santiago ?

___
"Service Unavailable"
Stevio10 Posted - 07/11/2016 : 07:59:08
Are you from UK wilson? Brixton a wee bit too far to go for me, hoping for a Scotland date when they announce the next shows.

sdon Posted - 07/11/2016 : 07:45:06
Wilson, will there be a special announcement tonight?

--
wilson Posted - 07/11/2016 : 07:09:59
Anyone at Brixton tonight?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000