-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Guncotton Demos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
trobrianders Posted - 04/21/2016 : 02:06:59
Guncotton demos were recorded years ago. Did they ever surface anywhere? There's nothing by the man I've been anticipating more and I can't believe all this time has gone by and no sign!

Has anyone heard anything?

Sprite Posted - 04/26/2016 : 02:16:03
Well this is going back a few years, but I think I got it on Soulseek. Not sure if that is still around. It was not demos as such more an early mix. But crunchier and less polished than the final release.
Discoking Posted - 04/26/2016 : 01:49:49
Yes! Where might one find such demos?

it's educational
natenate101 Posted - 04/25/2016 : 15:52:29
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

I'm with you on that one. Still struggle to get the What goes boom demo out of my head despite pressing stop after 30 seconds.

Mind you though I much preferred the early cut of Bluefinger compared to the official release. But then I stupidly overwrote it .......with the official release.

Where might one find such a demo?
Sprite Posted - 04/25/2016 : 13:18:55
I'm with you on that one. Still struggle to get the What goes boom demo out of my head despite pressing stop after 30 seconds.

Mind you though I much preferred the early cut of Bluefinger compared to the official release. But then I stupidly overwrote it .......with the official release.
picpic Posted - 04/24/2016 : 17:59:43
Does the anonymous "insider" knows how many of those demos will make their way on the new record ? We already have part of the tracklist.

I don't know if I want to hear those demos. Spoiler alert for the upcoming record.

___
"Service Unavailable"
trobrianders Posted - 04/24/2016 : 10:53:25
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Thanks :) so guncotton (nitrocellulose) is the propellant that destroyed the Iene battleship and was also the primary base for film stock at that time in cinema.

I really ought to get reading The Good Inn.

From what I recall Frank wanted to call the project Guncotton but Josh Frank insisted the novel would be called The Good Inn. In any case the demos, a dozen or so, were recorded under the title Guncotton. I think Pixies recorded them but I'm not sure.

Stevio10 Posted - 04/24/2016 : 08:25:28
Thanks :) so guncotton (nitrocellulose) is the propellant that destroyed the Iene battleship and was also the primary base for film stock at that time in cinema.

I really ought to get reading The Good Inn.
picpic Posted - 04/23/2016 : 13:20:42
http://avidly.lareviewofbooks.org/2014/09/30/the-pixies-film-that-never-was/

___
"Service Unavailable"
Stevio10 Posted - 04/23/2016 : 07:28:22
Please excuse my ignorance, but where does the term Guncotton come from (in relation to these new batch of songs) and what does guncotton actually mean?
picpic Posted - 04/22/2016 : 21:32:04
Looks like they're all enjoying holidays before the launch of the new album and tour kickoff.

Last thing they posted together was photos of a museum with stuffed animals. Probably did some promo shoots or album photos there. Then everyone went back home.

Same agenda as Indie Cindy I would say. I'm excpecting album or first single late June.

___
"Service Unavailable"
natenate101 Posted - 04/21/2016 : 14:00:32
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I've not heard anything in some time... worth a message to our anonymous source deep inside the bureau. :)

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

^ Yes please! Been eerily quiet since the band left London.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/21/2016 : 08:53:35
I've not heard anything in some time... worth a message to our anonymous source deep inside the bureau. :)

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Sprite Posted - 04/21/2016 : 03:56:06
I think there was some rumours in a thread here that the new record may feature some of these songs. I guess we will find out if that is true fairly soon.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000