-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 BF gives a guitar lesson

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
McDutchie Posted - 04/19/2016 : 15:30:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pM-X6Bdp14

Guitar lesson with "All Around The World" (folk song) and "She Took All The Money" (off Bluefinger). 2010.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 05/27/2016 : 15:21:31
Thanx a lot for this McDutchie.

[MUCH-BELATED EDIT]That Frank on The Beat video in the related vids sidebar... I think I maybe saw that when it first aired, as a young 'un sitting up late at night!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/25/2016 : 05:13:13
Yeah, I was mostly talking about the first song; She Took All the Money just doesn't grab me. California Bound would be a good call, too.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
McDutchie Posted - 04/24/2016 : 11:57:46
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I think in particular a song that has a bit more complexity than a variation of a folk standard in particular.
But "She Took All The Money" surely fits that description.
quote:
Probably Parry the Wind would be too complicated for timing but there let me stew on this.
One of my favourites, but yeah, I imagine it'd be extremely challenging, especially the outro.
quote:
Are these the songs you would've chosen?
I would probably have chosen "Bullet" and "California Bound". But I'm a weirdo.
trobrianders Posted - 04/24/2016 : 11:03:52
quote:

Good question!

I think in particular a song that has a bit more complexity than a variation of a folk standard in particular. Probably Parry the Wind would be too complicated for timing but there let me stew on this. Are these the songs you would've chosen?

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

I would have liked to see him do the mighty Los Angeles and also to explain how he derived Tame and Planet of Sound from Joe Jackson's Mad At You and also that same riff from Adda Lee and Wave of Mutilation (Demo) off Doolittle 25.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/21/2016 : 08:55:16
Good question!

I think in particular a song that has a bit more complexity than a variation of a folk standard in particular. Probably Parry the Wind would be too complicated for timing but there let me stew on this. Are these the songs you would've chosen?

McDutchie Posted - 04/20/2016 : 10:11:53
quote:

Nice! Not the songs I would've chosen to get him to teach but still cool...

What songs would you have preferred then?
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 04/20/2016 : 07:12:36
I remember a while back FB participated in a more in depth guitar how to video but not sure whatever happened to it.
hammerhands Posted - 04/20/2016 : 06:58:01
I like how the counting makes everything very clear.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/19/2016 : 17:58:56
Nice! Not the songs I would've chosen to get him to teach but still cool...

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000