-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Doolittle instrumentals/multi-track versions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
benji Posted - 12/01/2015 : 21:50:01
I decided to make a new thread for this cause it was getting buried in the minotuar thread, which it has nothing to do with.
But anyways, in 2010 some instrumental versions of Doolittle tracks appeared and I created a thread about them here (http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20184). They were culled from the multi-track versions as part of the Rock Band game.

Anyways, fast-forward to 2015 and it kinda came up again on the minotaur thread. This led to me doing some more digging and I managed to find the full set of Doolittle multi-track versions.
You can download these here: https://mega.nz/#!slY0nBLZ!tiNqQbKUud9DkI9OkKpVc16SNgipPdkjMNVcPL2mhho
You'll need Audacity to play them - they're in .mogg format.

Audacity also allows you to tinker with them, so of course I decided to create an instrumental version of the album for my own personal listening pleasure.
If anyone else wants to listen to it you can download it here: https://mega.nz/#!Eo4CDZDJ!jJYQ4VP6vH8vwqzONtQwRMd86JmmOimKHHZpWQwJEGI
The file sizes are small cause they all end up as mono, except for tame for some reason.

I had quite a bit of fun with this, and encourage anyone to have a go themselves, and if you think you manage to create something interesting, please share it.

The instrumentals I made aren't quite true for many of the songs - the multi-tracks usually have Kim's vocals in the same track as franks guitar, so to totally remove kims vocals, you also remove franks guitar. Not good. Some I managed to remove and leave franks guitar, others I couldn't.
They're also LOUD - they're like this from the original game source. I tinkered with ways of making them quieter and removing some of the brick-walling, but decided it wasn't too bad really and left it as is.

Anyways, I think they sound pretty cool.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
34   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
illold3chordme Posted - 04/18/2021 : 05:58:45
Thanks for sharing those, presley1!
presley1 Posted - 04/16/2021 : 04:22:09
A bit like Rockband but you can Jam on various instruments by removing one on the track

Oh my golly!
benji Posted - 04/09/2021 : 12:28:05
They're super cool. What is Jammit?

Discoking Posted - 04/08/2021 : 06:23:30
thx!

it's educational
presley1 Posted - 04/08/2021 : 05:11:35
http://burntscarr.com/burntscarr/STEMS/JCF/P/Pixies%20-%20Debaser.zip

I'll keep a look out for the other

Oh my golly!
presley1 Posted - 04/08/2021 : 05:08:44
Here's Debaser - https://mega.nz/#!2MYXxQwR!vembRR-iC-Nfk_X1NvezdNPEe2KqGzPjdFFINoS8rXQ

Oh my golly!
presley1 Posted - 04/08/2021 : 04:54:35
There's different versions of Debaser and Here comes your man on the Jammit tracks. Seperated guitars and Kims backing vocals

Oh my golly!
Troubles A Foot Posted - 09/27/2020 : 19:31:25
Yeah dragging the file in that way worked. What didn't work was dragging it into my program icon which is normally how I do things.

Are the duplicate tracks like a different mic or something?
illold3chordme Posted - 09/27/2020 : 13:42:57
Troubles A Foot: I just dragged in one of the .mogg files into my already-open Audacity window, and all the individual tracks showed up like in Benji's example (I'm on a Mac).
benji Posted - 09/26/2020 : 12:00:15
Here is what I see when I open them in Audacity.

benji Posted - 09/26/2020 : 02:39:10
Really? Mine does. If I click on 1 it opens up a audacity window with 1 track for each of the different parts of the song. So some vocal ones, some drum ones, some bass ones. Then you can play all at once or mute all but the bass for example. You can make the drums louder or any other crazy combo you can think off. I'll post some pics tomorrow but it super easy.

Troubles A Foot Posted - 09/25/2020 : 20:45:04
I have Audacity, but it has no clue what to do with these files.
benji Posted - 09/25/2020 : 11:19:12
The mogg thing is necessary because it keeps all of the different parts of each track as seperate files, so the vocals, bass etc.
You could take these mogg files and save each individual part as a seperate file but then there'd be no way of playing them back at the same time again.

These are not recreated tracks - they're the real deal. Surprising I know.

I would suggest downloading Audacity - it's free, and opening up one and have a look and listen. it's fascinating stuff.

Troubles A Foot Posted - 09/24/2020 : 20:05:54
Um, anyway these could be available as MP3 files or WAVs? I don't get this mogg thing.

Also, if these are from some Guitar Hero game, I thought those were all recreated tracks and not the original recordings? Or did I hear that wrong?
illold3chordme Posted - 09/24/2020 : 19:29:20
Thank you, benji! Never thought I'd be able to find these
benji Posted - 09/22/2020 : 21:22:35
quote:
Originally posted by illold3chordme

Would anybody be willing to reupload the Doolittle multitracks? Would love to hear the isolated guitar tracks!

Here ya go: https://ln2.sync.com/dl/3604c1790/zmdtydni-ahiz5vjp-iibvtxxz-88x393a9

illold3chordme Posted - 09/19/2020 : 07:48:01
Would anybody be willing to reupload the Doolittle multitracks? Would love to hear the isolated guitar tracks!
Carl Posted - 06/22/2016 : 14:46:33
Great benji, thanks!
picpic Posted - 06/16/2016 : 08:10:05
Still looking for Sad Punk. I'd like to find out the exact guitar tab for BF (not Joey) on the outro.

Multitracks are great to learn guitar parts (and all the rest).

___
"Service Unavailable"
presley1 Posted - 06/15/2016 : 09:02:07
I can't find 'Sad Punk' anywhere, had the others for years.

Oh my golly!
picpic Posted - 03/03/2016 : 00:35:17
Oh by the way, did you ever found "Sad Punk" in multitrack version ? I think it's the only non-Doolittle Pixies track that was available on those console games, and probably ripped like the other ones.

___
"Service Unavailable"
benji Posted - 03/02/2016 : 16:12:23
picpic - yeah, I know how to get rid of the little bit of clipping that there is, but I actually enjoy it that way. makes it sound all rough and dirty. like albini produced it instead of squeaky-clean norton.
all personal preference after all, but if people wanna mix it differently, then download the tracks and do it themselves.....

i wasn't the 'original' uploader of the BF Munich 1996 vid to dime, but I think I was the first to post a few to youtube many many years ago. it's a great gig that one.

picpic Posted - 03/02/2016 : 08:49:49
Do you know you only have to de-amplify all tracks a bit to get rid of the clipping ?

I think I already visited your youtube page before. Are you the original uploader of this BF Munich concert ?

___
"Service Unavailable"
benji Posted - 03/02/2016 : 08:05:29
I chucked the instrumental album up on youtube yesterday too.
here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8jwChzY3S4

benji Posted - 02/15/2016 : 12:53:28
Glad you liked them. I find myself listening to them quite a lot actually. They're really good to run too!

And Arm, there's a few more live shows coming up soon so watch out. I'll do dime and mega I think.

trobrianders Posted - 02/15/2016 : 06:05:29
Thanks again benji for those Doolttle no vocal tracks. Great to hear the album this way. A real southern gothic road trip out west.

Arm Arm Arm Posted - 12/05/2015 : 16:06:23
No, that's cool, thanks for offering but you shared quite a few!

It was great getting to hear those shows. No matter how much I enjoy Melkweg, there's nothing like a complete Catholics show. Sure, maybe sometime in the future, If I see a set list that looks really strange and different maybe I'll ask if you have it, but otherwise, it's cool.

And they are pretty good quality, too. Aside from novelty or strictly from a souvenir point of view, shows with poor sound quality aren't any fun to listen to...believe me, I've tried!

Really, just wanted to thank you for uploading those concerts in the past, they're fun to listen to

cheers
benji Posted - 12/04/2015 : 18:56:00
Arm - no worries. I have a bunch more, but they're nowhere near as good quality as the ones I've done so haven't bothered. If there's interest I could see if I could begin to work through them. Might take me a while, but if you're keen and willing to wait.......

Arm Arm Arm Posted - 12/04/2015 : 15:38:35
I wanted to say Thanks Again! Benji for sharing those live FB & the C's shows from a while back.

cheers
picpic Posted - 12/03/2015 : 04:52:37
Sure. I must thank you again for pointing this mogg thing. I didn't know those Guitar Hero multitracks had been ripped. Can't believe I missed that for all those years.

That's just fucking great. Besides discovering every detail behind guitar tracks, vocals, etc... it's also a perfect tool for learning those songs on guitar, bass, drums, and even vocal harmonies.

BTW, if anyone finds Sad Punk in this format... That's the only one missing from the whole set. That would be the cherry on top.

___
"Service Unavailable"
benji Posted - 12/02/2015 : 15:20:53
I played round with doing a negative amplification and that did work, but decided to keep 'em all untouched for my first run. Some of the songs are fine, but others, particularly tame and gouge away, are quite bad.

It's really interesting to see how the songs are put together.
And it's quite fun playing producer. My current fave is a version of tame with -10 amplification over the whole thing, then all vocals and franks guitar removed and then bass and joeys guitar amplified back up again. just sounds so nasty. love it!

picpic Posted - 12/02/2015 : 02:53:15
The whole mix is clipped but not any single track - just select all tracks (CTRL-A) in Audacity and apply the amplification filter with -10 as the value. The whole mix will be back to normal levels without clipping.

Kind of funny how Kim vocals were being relegated to the last two tracks with additional guitars...! Don't know if it was intended at the time of the recording or if Guitar Hero made it this way. Interesting.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Don Eduardo Posted - 12/02/2015 : 02:12:38
fantastic!!! Thanks Benji
picpic Posted - 12/01/2015 : 23:43:35
Thanks for sharing benji !

edit: holy shit, that's just fucking amazing. THANKS !

___
"Service Unavailable"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000