-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 BF @ Arts At The Armory, Somerville MA 10/16/2014

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scalzo Posted - 10/23/2014 : 14:10:49
Made the trek from CT to check out the Man. I had a head cold, but was feeling a little better, so I thought I'd chance it. Bad decision. Woke up even sicker the next day. Still, it was worth it. Haven't seen Charles in a solo show since Hudson NY.

The set list was pretty strong, though I would have preferred more Catholics era stuff. The majority of people seemed to be there for some Pixies songs. Like the last few times, I was one of only a few people that were cheering when stuff like 'The Swimmer' started.

Here's the full set list.

Cactus
Silver Snails
All Round The World
Los Angeles (aborted)
California Bound
I Burn Today
Wheels
Monkey Gone To Heaven
You Can't Break A Heart And Have It
Horrible Day
Oh, Little Cloud (?) new song
Snakes
Wave Of Mutilation
She Took All The Money
This Is Where I Belong
The Swimmer
Headache
I Heard Ramona Sing
Los Angeles
Greens And Blues
Abstract Plain
Where Is My Mind

Subbacultcha a capella
New House Of The Pope a capella
Six Sixty Six a capella

w/Reid Paley
Another Velvet Nightmare
Wild Man From Borneo

Hearing New House Of The Pope pushed me head long in to a Catholics binge that I've been in ever since. I have to say that DITS and SMYT are probably my favorite from that period.

Anyone else make it there?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
johnnyribcage Posted - 11/30/2014 : 06:02:30
Looks like the same set more or less as Pittsburgh - except for the Swimmer. At one point he was saying he wanted to play something nautical and someone shouted "swimmer" and he kind of froze and said he didn't think he could do that one right then. Said he couldn't quite remember it. I think he played Song of the Shrimp maybe instead? I can't remember now what it was. I love The Swimmer - one of my all time favorites - by any artist.

My density has popped me to you.
pixie punk Posted - 11/30/2014 : 01:41:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHTivzuDW_U Abstract Plain & WIMM + quick guitar chords lesson

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
realmeanmotorscutor Posted - 10/24/2014 : 07:22:35
I was there. I posted a link to a recording of it over in the Pixies Live forum.

I agree that people seemed to be there mostly for the Pixies songs. The ladies behind me were talking through a bunch of the show, I'm sure because they didn't recognize or care about a lot of the songs. I was happy to hear his solo stuff, too, and seeing at least some rendition of New House of the Pope was great.

There was a surprising number of his covers in the set.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000