-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Um Chagga Lagga Demo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shineoftheever Posted - 11/01/2014 : 08:41:27
For those of you that didnt get the blackfrancis.net e-mail yesterday. the man sent out 3 demos. Um Chagga Lagga, When The Wolves Come Out and O Little Cloud. I like this one the best I think.

cool to note that the tags had the songs numbered 1 of 10, 6 of 10, and 8 of 10.

also the album came in as "Super Lecker mastered" and artist is "Frank Black Francis". maybe a little insight as to the creative process. song comes first then he decides under what moniker to play/record/release.

below write up from the body of the e-mail:

Dear blackfrancis.net customers,

I'd like to say thank you for for your recent purchases here at blackfrancis.net and The Bureau Records. Here is a free download of recent demo recordings I did. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I did making them. A few words about the tracks:

LAST NIGHT THE WOLVES CAME OUT
this song has been demoed several times over the last couple years. It was originally included in potential song list for the Pixies' Indy Cindy LP. It might end up in that repertoire or perhaps a solo LP. The chords started in a train compartment a few years ago on a long snow filled journey across Canada a few years ago. I think I like where the song is headed.

O LITTLE CLOUD
Cloud was also demoed for INDY CINDY. I've been performing it recently at solo shows. I've been talking with my good friend and producer ERIC DREW FELDMAN about how we might imagine it again in the future.

UM CHAGGA LAGGA
this song originates from the so called "GUN COTTON" song cycle, a collection of songs and ideas for a film being written with JOSH FRANK.

These recent demos were recorded with my friend JEREMY DUBS on drums and backing vocals, and me doing the vocal, guitar and attempted bass guitar.

Happy Halloween!

Black Francis

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Schitzophonic Posted - 08/24/2016 : 11:16:48
Thanks guys. Discoking, I've emailed you. Thanks very much!
Discoking Posted - 08/23/2016 : 04:37:55
schitzo, you can email me at *****.
i still have the original files.

it's educational
hammerhands Posted - 08/23/2016 : 03:10:22
try this

Use this savefrom.net
pmjk Posted - 08/23/2016 : 02:52:21
Schitzophonic
Whats your e-mail?

You could edit your profile and put you email in one of the locations.
Then you can re-edit and remove your email.
Schitzophonic Posted - 08/23/2016 : 02:14:47
I've searched on Google but with no luck, the videos on YouTube are blocked on copyright grounds in the UK. BunsenH, that would be great, thank you. Just tried to e-mail you, but it's not working through the forum. Hmm.
BunsenH Posted - 08/21/2016 : 03:56:54
quote:
Originally posted by Schitzophonic

Been searching high and low for these demos, I don't suppose anyone still has them? Would massively appreciate an upload, I completely missed this happening at the time!

I still have them, but am on vacation. Not back to my computer until Tuesday. Let me know where to send.

hammerhands Posted - 08/20/2016 : 18:32:59
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLICPxiFx_VL6xFnzIiTi5uwnUQN9zUSZF

You can probably find the originals somewhere.

"Happy Halloween blackfrancis.net"
Schitzophonic Posted - 08/20/2016 : 13:19:19
Been searching high and low for these demos, I don't suppose anyone still has them? Would massively appreciate an upload, I completely missed this happening at the time!
mia2000 Posted - 06/04/2015 : 10:18:23
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/see-pixies-play-planet-of-sound-new-um-chagga-lagga-at-rs-office-20150602
natenate101 Posted - 04/02/2015 : 14:31:27
Yes, the ease of these songs and the playfulness of them have been missing. Hopefully The Man explores some strange territory and gets freaky. It would be nice to see Pixies create with a little less pressure and see what comes out. I wouldn't be at all opposed to a new BF solo album either. I'm just eager to hear what direction he goes. It's been almost 2.5 years since the Indie Cindy tracks were created. That's wild.
The Maharal Posted - 04/02/2015 : 11:36:35
I like the energy in Wolves but I feel it lacks something. Maybe a better chorus. Still fun.

O Little Cloud is my favourite - it's just glorious. I'd be happy if Pixies didn't take on these songs - instead I'd love EDF, Dubbs, Gilbert and Ding to come together and work their magic. Get BF to produce it himself - no need for a glossy sheen, they work fine raw.

In fact, these songs represent the spontaneity I miss in the man's music. No need to sit on them and wonder if the Pixies fanbase will like them and in what format, just get the songs out there. I know he's revelling in his painting these days but I miss the time when he'd have a new album out every eight months or so.
Stevio10 Posted - 04/02/2015 : 08:30:26
O Little Cloud has really grown on me to the extent where I don't crave a fully fleshed out version (well maybe a little Joey guitar or Rich Gilbert pedal steel). The other 2 I like for their off the cuff manic weirdness, they are a real shot in the arm.
natenate101 Posted - 04/01/2015 : 21:15:33
So how does everybody feel about these demos now?
None of the really stuck out to me at first, but I can say that after listening to each at least 20 times since, I dig em. I'm curious to see if any of these 3 are played on the tour.
999 Posted - 11/18/2014 : 07:59:46
Damn. I can't get it to work on my laptop. I'll have to find another computer to listen. Thanks
McDutchie Posted - 11/18/2014 : 07:40:50
The link posted by ofabsis (11/04/2014 : 03:38:24) still works for me.
999 Posted - 11/18/2014 : 07:08:26
Can someone please put a link to these demo's back up. The other is not working and I'm very sad I haven't yet heard this!!! Great news though, would love to hear another Bluefinger-esque album...Thanks
Stevio10 Posted - 11/18/2014 : 06:15:28
Interesting (assuming it is all true).

Im just pleased there will be new music from BF in any form, excited to hear how these will sound with a full band.
If you add one of Workman/Gilbert/Philips to the mix (and even if you dont) it has great potential, liking the sound of Dubs on drums.

In relation to the Pixies, I suppose after a year of touring it may not be everyones cup of tea to get back in the studio straight away.

But as in previous interviews and the recent blurb for these 3 demos, it still remains possible / likely that there will be something in the future from the Pixies. As to when, who plays and produces anyones guess.

The fact that they have talked about how the next record should sound is a plus even if the songs allegedly earmarked for album #7 are now being reused for a solo album.

I like Indie Cindy and for me its best songs are up there with the classics.

My only worry (if the info in Helmut's post is true) is at what cost to the band and sacrifice to BF's vision has there been for this record to exist.

Anyway, here's hoping whatever is next rocks and is as good as FB's last post pixies solo album.
Helmut Posted - 11/18/2014 : 00:01:01
My post died.....I read some stuff about it here, sorry for the thread repost http://www.soundreliance.com/post/the-pixies-thread-7171233
The Maharal Posted - 11/15/2014 : 11:02:51
If I recall correctly all the Good Inn songs were with Pixies in mind no?
trobrianders Posted - 11/15/2014 : 09:21:49
quote:
Originally posted by 1965

Chagga Lagga was not demoed for Pixies ... but having said that, fleshed out it would probably work out as well as any of the others

I have the key to #902

Guncotton was demoed by Pixies if I remember right.

1965 Posted - 11/15/2014 : 01:47:37
Chagga Lagga was not demoed for Pixies ... but having said that, fleshed out it would probably work out as well as any of the others

I have the key to #902
hammerhands Posted - 11/15/2014 : 01:22:03
I think this would have been a hit for the Pixies.
Discoking Posted - 11/14/2014 : 23:44:26
quote:
Originally posted by Helmut

I thought we'd have Pixies album # 7 now, seems it's become a real drag and only one member is up for it for now.

I also don't understand where this comes from.

To me, the album feels like it was yesterday, and I'm nowhere near wondering where the next one is staying.

it's educational
natenate101 Posted - 11/14/2014 : 04:39:13
quote:
Originally posted by Helmut

Can someone put these on YouTube? They are getting the full EDF production treatment hopefully with Mr Archer on bass. These new songs, some Pixies demos being retooled and the crack team of Charles, Dubbs, Ding and Feldman makes me think we are gonna get another Bluefinger. I am more excited about this than Indy Cindy, the lack of Kim and the slickness killed it. I thought we'd have Pixies album # 7 now, seems it's become a real drag and only one member is up for it for now.

You thought we'd have another new album in the same year? Why so?
Looking to me like something Pixies related will surface next year. If he is already doing demos and mentioning that some may be for Pixies in the future, makes me think they are all keen just weary and plotting a new course.

None of these demos really grab me if I'm honest, but the raggedness of Um Chagga Lagga is more of the direction Id like to see them go in.
Helmut Posted - 11/14/2014 : 02:14:01
Can someone put these on YouTube? They are getting the full EDF production treatment hopefully with Mr Archer on bass. These new songs, some Pixies demos being retooled and the crack team of Charles, Dubbs, Ding and Feldman makes me think we are gonna get another Bluefinger. I am more excited about this than Indy Cindy, the lack of Kim and the slickness killed it. I thought we'd have Pixies album # 7 now, seems it's become a real drag and only one member is up for it for now.
ccuadros Posted - 11/05/2014 : 16:27:56
gracias!!!!
BunsenH Posted - 11/04/2014 : 03:54:53
quote:
Originally posted by ofabsis

here : http://www.filedropper.com/happyhalloweenblackfrancisnet

Let me know if something wrong

Greatly appreciated! I really like "O Little Cloud". It's beauty shines through in a way I couldn't hear in the live version.
ofabsis Posted - 11/04/2014 : 03:38:24
here : http://www.filedropper.com/happyhalloweenblackfrancisnet

Let me know if something wrong
BunsenH Posted - 11/04/2014 : 03:32:06
I don't understand why I didn't receive this mysterious e-mail. I bought Oddballs, The Golem and the two live releases from the Bureau. Can someone share?
ofabsis Posted - 11/04/2014 : 03:24:40
UM CHAGGA LAGGA : remember me Bluefinger Captain Pasty introduction ;)
shineoftheever Posted - 11/01/2014 : 08:43:58
interesting that he didn't at least bring Violet in to "attempt" the bass guitar.

don't go starting (they were just) rumours!

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000