-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 The Good Inn - A Novel by Black Francis/Josh Frank

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marcusb Posted - 02/13/2014 : 07:36:41
http://blackfrancis.net/the-good-inn-a-novel-by-black-francis-and-josh-frank/

-Marcus
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stuart Posted - 09/01/2017 : 22:59:54
Down... ahem.. load...

Because your candle burned too bright, that I almost forgot it was twilight
Carl Posted - 09/01/2017 : 19:31:34
I've seen this in a few books shops since it came out, but never got around to picking it up. Things are a little frugal lately. ;)
Stuart Posted - 08/31/2017 : 19:35:56
Cool mate, I'll get around to reading it soon enough. It's actually one of my oldest graphic novels that I bought, though in a sense it isn't really a graphic novel.

A Nick Cave graphic novel is about to be released that I am very excited about, though being out here I probably won't actually be able to get it until I go back to UK.

The Maharal Posted - 08/30/2017 : 02:32:34
Yup I read it a few years back. It's a very fun read and the illustrations are great. I even lent it to my then-manager who doesn't have a huge interest in Frank or anything but she loved it too.

I think my main criticism of it is that it felt a tiny bit short - I wish it was fifty or one hundred pages longer.
Stuart Posted - 08/30/2017 : 02:10:53
I have this novel, but yet to read it as it is one of about 300 graphic novels that I have recently bought (as I have started collecting). Anyone read it yet?

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 05/02/2014 : 04:24:18
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

josh frank is that guy from the "fool the world" book, right? what other things did he do?

it's educational

Correct. I'm not sure what his other credits are.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Jason Posted - 05/01/2014 : 10:57:35
Got the book in the mail today from Amazon.

Just leafing through it... It's not a traditional novel nor is it a "graphic novel" exactly.

It's mostly written in screenplay form, with illustrations throughout. Some of the illustrations are full-page, sometimes they're little drawings in the margins. There is a chunk in the middle (the "intermission") that's straight prose, though. Looks very intriguing. I look forward to reading it.
matto Posted - 03/05/2014 : 06:54:24
http://www.thegoodinnbook.com/

--------
baby poop, curry
shineoftheever Posted - 02/14/2014 : 05:02:23
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

The synopsis sounds great. Fuck this should be good.

damn skippy!

"Fundamentally, all writing is about the same thing; it's about dying, about the brief flicker of time we have here, and the frustration that it creates.
Discoking Posted - 02/14/2014 : 03:48:18
josh frank is that guy from the "fool the world" book, right? what other things did he do?

it's educational
trobrianders Posted - 02/13/2014 : 22:53:48
The synopsis sounds great. Fuck this should be good.

Jason Posted - 02/13/2014 : 10:57:54
No Kim, no deal!

Joking. This looks very cool. My guess is that it's a prose novel with illustrations throughout. On graphic novels, the illustrator is usually credited just as prominently as the writer. We'll find out eventually.

Most of my favorite musicians put other sorts of things than just music. It's cool to see Frank branch out.
coastline Posted - 02/13/2014 : 09:09:14
I hadn't heard of this, so I Googled a bit and found some announcements from late last year that he was working on a "graphic novel." Like this one:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2013/dec/04/black-francis-graphic-novel-the-good-inn

But now it seems it's an actual novel, not a comic book. Or am I reading it wrong?

If all you see is violins, then I make a plea in their defense.
danjersey Posted - 02/13/2014 : 08:54:42
Jawdropping dumbfounded gobsmacked...

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000