-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Indie Cindy Video.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
prozacrat Posted - 09/02/2013 : 22:00:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PDa3cY7U6NA#t=32

"Wait. Hold on. This is where the Pixies draw the line. We don't do the beach ball thing." - Frank
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pixiestu Posted - 09/07/2013 : 03:11:06
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

Indie.... Cindy.... I don't know where I am, but I know who you are....

I like to complain

I keep hearing:

"Indie.... Cindy.... be in love with me.... we may be happy, for a time...

Don't get me wrong..."

"The arc of triumph"
pot Posted - 09/06/2013 : 07:16:08
Some videos are good. Some are bad. Watching them is optional.
lucmove Posted - 09/06/2013 : 06:41:08
I have two things to add here:

1) I don't see any FB influence in that Oasis song whatsoever. All that's left for me is to hate you for making me listen to that crap. Only Bon Jovi can be worse than Oasis.

Wait. Actually, I'm not so sure. Maybe Oasis IS worse than Bon Jovi.

Anyway, it's not just Noel that's big headed, I remember the British press embraced them and pushed them on the world really hard. It was obviously a counter attack to the undeniable dominance that American rock'n'roll had had for a long time and they were sick of it, those bloody colonies, and since they didn't have anything good to show, they came up with that strategy we all saw: a bunch of really arrogant guys with a frontman who never smiles and all in all just said: Fuck you. We are English, we say we rock and you will agree because we said so.

Never fooled me for a second. Truly good artists don't have to put up that childish attitude to be accepted.

2) I said I hate music videos, and it's true, but then I've been thinking that some videos can be really great, though very few.

Case in point: Indie Cindy echoed like something else on my mind. It reminded me of something, what is it what is it what is it... Got it! It reminds me of Fate to Fatal, by the Breeders! I'll understand if nobody sees the similarity, but I definitely do. And well, Fate to Fatal has one of the best music videos I have ever seen! I've lost count of how many times I have seen it. Heck, I will watch it a couple more times as soon as I finish typing this.

So my question is, why do so many videos have to be so pointless and crappy? Does the Indie Cindy video make any sense to you? A couple in a motel. People walking backwards, apparently some murder and... so? Am I supposed to enjoy that, or even relate to it in some far-fetched way? Why ruin good music with pointless imagery?

PixieSteve Posted - 09/06/2013 : 06:01:06
Indie.... Cindy.... I don't know where I am, but I know who you are....

I like to complain
PixieSteve Posted - 09/06/2013 : 05:51:30
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

I've never heard Oasis doing surf music but hey, you're the expert.

Does anyone else hear Adda Lee in this song? They're like twin songs to me.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux

YES! It took me a long time to stop wanting to sing "I don't know where I am, but I know who you are" at a certain point in the chorus.

edit: or maybe this bit, "And Adda waves away, and Adda waves away"

But anyway, it's that whole chorus. "Indie / Cindy" is like "A wishing well / of well wishing" etc... and the kind of harmonica-guitar sound

I like to complain
pixiestu Posted - 09/06/2013 : 03:43:19
I'm not sure I can to be honest. I grew up listening to Oasis way before I heard the Pixies or Frank Black. I was really into them, so it can't sound like anything other than just Oasis to me. I suppose the 'bendy' lead guitar in the intro maybe?

I know on a forum like this it's 'uncool' to like Oasis, but I still love them (first two/three albums mainly). And I love Noel Gallagher's absurdly bigheaded comments too, he seems like a funny guy.

As for Indie Cindy, I am warming to it. I don't usually care for videos much anyway so I've watched it once and that's probably enough. I think it's definitely the most interesting and listenable song on the current EP.

"The arc of triumph"
pot Posted - 09/05/2013 : 14:24:34
To be fair you can sort of hear a bit of a Frank Black influence in some of Oasis' music as well, I think..

Do you agree with this song, the guitars mainly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09zBftEqBN0
pot Posted - 09/05/2013 : 14:19:09
Check out the facebook comments, seen a few other comments about the Oasis intro lol I bet Noel, sorry I hope Noel has something absurdly bigheaded to say about that
pixiestu Posted - 09/05/2013 : 13:30:48
All this talk of Oasis is making me think that Noel Gallagher's voice would be perfect for the chorus of this song.

"The arc of triumph"
sdon Posted - 09/04/2013 : 08:07:05
Pot, I do hear some Oasis in the opening (maybe Don't Look Back In Anger)
Though not redhibitory

Vilainde, maybe Adda Lee but the ending is exactly like Dog Gone (and the news is gonna break, repeated like I beg for you to carry me)

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
The Champ Posted - 09/04/2013 : 05:57:59
EPs make perfect sense. Vinyls and singles are the only format selling these days. Rentals did that for a few years and it worked out well for them, along with many other bands. It is a nice EP, and I'm glad I'm not waiting 8 more months for the full length album.
rivum Posted - 09/04/2013 : 05:54:07
contrast the new, polished version with this work in progress!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUZ7LXaOkE
IBreed Posted - 09/04/2013 : 05:33:19
Though I'd offer its totally an OK thing. Oasis in their heyday did good work. Indie Cindy is the best post reunion track. So good.
IBreed Posted - 09/04/2013 : 05:32:11
No need to be a dick. It's a valid comparison: the lead in the opening is especially reminiscent of Noel's playing from the 90 records.
vilainde Posted - 09/04/2013 : 04:16:45
I've never heard Oasis doing surf music but hey, you're the expert.

Does anyone else hear Adda Lee in this song? They're like twin songs to me.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
pot Posted - 09/04/2013 : 01:59:05
The opening chords to this remind me of Oasis, which of course is not a good thing.
lucmove Posted - 09/04/2013 : 01:35:54
What a piece of shit. I fucking hate music videos and wouldn't be subjecting myself to this atrocity if it weren't (allegedly) a Pixies video.

billgoodman Posted - 09/03/2013 : 19:02:29
Yeah, Cinema Star!

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
danjersey Posted - 09/03/2013 : 17:47:41
"l wanna tell you about Texas Radio and the big beat"
both this songs shoutings and bag boy remind me of the above
mixed in with the sweetness of cinema star and don't get me wrongs shower scenes
I'm commenting
1965 Posted - 09/03/2013 : 13:10:18
10/10

I have the key to #902
Stevio10 Posted - 09/03/2013 : 12:12:11
Not bad only listened once...to me sounds like the sad punk had a fight with speedy marie and the melodies won! Nice wee tune
pot Posted - 09/03/2013 : 03:10:39
I fapped #AnnieHardie
BunsenH Posted - 09/02/2013 : 23:20:06
[quote]Originally posted by prozacrat
Very much enjoyed that--thanks!
billgoodman Posted - 09/02/2013 : 22:57:27
I like it

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000