-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 What was hat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hammerhands Posted - 01/15/2012 : 13:20:40
Did you switch servers?

A little warning if you're going to do that guys!

We need a plan to increase traffic, maybe a link from bfnet? Fake girls?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pot Posted - 07/05/2013 : 14:22:42
Solar flares

http://www.authintmail.com/news/science/solar-flares-today-fourth-july-independence-day-2013-should-witness-natural-fireworks
The Maharal Posted - 10/12/2012 : 07:25:07
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

If you still have that content from Svn Fngrs, that could be a place to start. As for the rest, that's a full time job and a half but I like the idea. That said, it may be coming sooner than you think...

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Think I have some of it on another computer. If not, I'll try and compile it again and email you within the next few days.
floop Posted - 10/11/2012 : 18:52:05
i'm really starting to dislike this place
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/11/2012 : 17:35:09
If you still have that content from Svn Fngrs, that could be a place to start. As for the rest, that's a full time job and a half but I like the idea. That said, it may be coming sooner than you think...

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
fbc Posted - 10/11/2012 : 16:35:42
Let's backup the db and migrate to a CMS. Is this site built with tables [views source]?? Lets get some CSS3 and HTML5 shenanigans on the go!!
The Maharal Posted - 10/11/2012 : 15:09:00
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Well, we could use someone updating the news on the front page. We could use someone getting the tabs up to date from what has been posted on the forums. We could definitely use somebody working on the Discopedia since it hasn't really been touched aside from fixing some vulnerabilities since the last hacker attack.

Those would be the areas I'd most like to have up to date.

As a graduand (or an unemployed sap) I have loads of time on my hands and I'd be happy to lend a hand. Love this forum / site, and even if its activity has declined in recent years I still refresh it at least five times a day.

I have no experience with web design either (something on the bucket list) but I'd be willing to help with whatever. A few years ago I helped collect trivia for a few SVN FNGRS songs and stuff but I think the crash wiped it all, as well as the account I was using at the time!
floop Posted - 09/23/2012 : 14:53:49
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"

i don't get it
Thomas Posted - 09/23/2012 : 14:20:36

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
pot Posted - 09/22/2012 : 22:55:51
I'm really starting to dislike this place.
floop Posted - 09/22/2012 : 19:29:56
always having the bottom three posts means it could be time to consider shutting pie hole
pot Posted - 09/21/2012 : 12:18:23
Somebody else post in here I'm fed up always having the bottom three latest posts.
pot Posted - 02/08/2012 : 12:06:29
OK. Will have a think about that. Need to research some info and can't promise anything, I also don't follow Charles and Violet on facebook anymore so don't have the latest going downs in that department (quit the place following the Kro-gate scandal, which I am still fuming about actually), was kinda using this site for that really. Erm, they announced this thing about sending in fan art to do with the concept 'Let the People Speak' a couple of years ago but AFAIK nothing has become of that and maybe they've scrapped the idea. Then there was something about a social networking site called weebly? I talked to violet a bit last year but there wasn't much information coming forth about what it was all about really. I messaged her and wesley a couple of times about the fan art as well but got no reply. So asides from the fact it's going to be a 3 disc effort with remixes and stuff I'm not sure I know any more about it than anyone else.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/08/2012 : 11:59:43
Hmm... well if you want to start by writing up a summary of what is happening in FB land leading with the new Grand Duchy album I will have a look at it and put it into HTML magic to post on the site and we'll go from there. My email is posted in the fifth message.

pot Posted - 02/08/2012 : 08:19:57
Well I've never done web design and don't really know what's involved, but I've got loads of time on my hands these days so happy to help in any way I can.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/08/2012 : 07:31:34
Well, we could use someone updating the news on the front page. We could use someone getting the tabs up to date from what has been posted on the forums. We could definitely use somebody working on the Discopedia since it hasn't really been touched aside from fixing some vulnerabilities since the last hacker attack.

Those would be the areas I'd most like to have up to date.

pot Posted - 02/08/2012 : 01:26:49
What do you need help with? There isn't much to this site and that's what makes it work.

Been on forums that have so many different sub forums and sub sub forums it makes my head spin.

I'll do my best to keep contributing while I am online anyway. Kind of a shame that TMH doesn't come on more anymore, and has been lured into the evil clutches of facebook.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/07/2012 : 14:18:02
Don't worry, we're good to 2013 and many of us have put a lot of work into it even if that hasn't happened so much lately. What I'd really like is volunteers to manage sections of the site. So far it's Brian, someone that wishes to remain anonymous (I think) who takes care of keeping the tour dates up to date, and myself.

Thank you for the kind words and truth be told, this is the only forum I have ever joined for recreational purposes as well. A forum is as good as its members and being that we're all FB fans, that has made this one of the best. We also weed out the halfwits... you're welcome.

pot Posted - 02/05/2012 : 17:16:14
If I ever have the capacity to do so I will be more than willing to donate something to help this site carry on. I'm skint though and that's not likely to change anytime soon, but if i get a job maybe I can fire a tenner or something. This is one of the first internet forums I'm ever joined, and all the other ones I joined before (1) and since (many) have all turned to shit for various reason- mainly either fall out with admin or mods beings twats usually that kind of thing. I know I'm a cheeky cunt at times but I mean it in the nicest way. Had a few alterations in the beginning but I'm glad that we all ironed things out and get on now. I like coming here fro time to time and sharing stuff about frank black the pixies and music in general and just general witty reparte. Long may it contin. If it's going to end soon then please give us some notice as there some people on here I would hate to lose touch with online.

What makes this place good foe me is also the fact that it is simple and it has never changed one bit since I've been a member. It can't be that hard to keep going, and I'm sure we will.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/02/2012 : 17:44:30
Yeah, we crashed the whole server and our host company blocked my accounts and the site. I'm still not sure what is causing the memory usage to be so high but I did see someone trying to hijack the session id on our RSS feed (which would be useless as it gains access to nothing).

pot Posted - 02/02/2012 : 05:51:02
Site went down for a few days couple of weeks ago and I saw that page. It's been going really slow as well lately.
fbc Posted - 02/01/2012 : 03:45:19
I've just sent you a mail.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/31/2012 : 13:20:55
Soren, the one I have for you is old. Mine is just cof@fb.net (except obviously not literally 'fb')

fbc Posted - 01/31/2012 : 03:14:22
I don't have your address but mine is in my profile if you want to shoot me a blank mail I can reply to.

Yesterday afternoon me time I hit the active topics link and the first page appeared. It's never happened before.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/30/2012 : 12:48:40
Umm... when/how did you see this? Please email me.

fbc Posted - 01/30/2012 : 04:15:53
Check this out, hammerhands.

Should I be able to see these two pages, Dean?

This is like a big red button you're not supposed to press.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000