-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Song Thoughts # 5 - Places Named After Numbers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gotmeamovie Posted - 09/11/2009 : 13:17:15
This is my favourite Frank song. Big call I know, but I just love it.

It is totally original in the way that it starts for a frank song.

Those beautiful strings, that on their own are majestic. They transport you into another time and place.

Then they stop and it breaks into that beautiful guitar , one of my fav to play on my own.

And the lyrics are beautiful. I know it is about black holes but I personally relate it to a few girls in my life seeing as though I have a penchant for black hair and the wonderful refrain "she was right there all time"

Fave line: "Light beams dissappear...into her blackened hair, I wonder if they re-appear"

"If all you've seen, is violence!"
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scarla O Posted - 09/13/2009 : 22:22:02
I'd waited my whole (short) life until 1993 for a good song about blackholes and then this came along and dragged my spaghettified carcass around it's event horizon at the speed of light - what more can a person ask for eh?
Ziggy Posted - 09/12/2009 : 23:08:32
The live version on 'Live at the Arapaho' (sp?) is great, even without synth.
beckett trance Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:11:42
This song is constantly in my head. It rules.

velvety Posted - 09/12/2009 : 12:02:10
Probably my favorite Frank Black song. The lyrics are beautiful, one of those cases where he manages just the right balance when playing with images and words, space, girls, love, whatever.
But it's the melody that just so brilliant, the chords sequence so simple, perfectly placed synths that makes Places Named after Numbers one of my favorites. He could do no wrong back then.
two reelers Posted - 09/12/2009 : 08:37:59
places named after numbers refers to black holes (in the universe) - they are also numbered. "ligth beams dissappear...".
on another level, it is a vagina. really.

1993 - jesus, i'm getting old...

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
EG Posted - 09/11/2009 : 15:03:25
I love this song. It reminds me of Maine, the place where I am from. Much of the state is named after numbers. These "places named after numbers" are categorized as Townships, and each has a number code to identify it as such, for example; T5 R18 WELS. Each is roughly the size of a town, with many having no residents. These are undiscovered destinations in their own right...

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000