-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Custom All the Way

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
IceManCometh Posted - 06/02/2009 : 15:13:02

Is this a new track just uploaded to BF's Myspace site? Just got a notice. Sorry if this is a repeat, since I haven't been perusing as thoroughly or often as I used to.

http://www.myspace.com/officialblackfrancis
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sam Posted - 09/19/2016 : 00:10:20
100% agreed Peter. The Golem as a whole, is right up there for me with TOTY, DW and SMYT. Love this record.

Quite sad that Duane Jarvis who played guitar parts on this is not around.

My favourite from this record is Stay (how I wish I could) I could listen to that song repeat for weeks. Eargasm.
peter radiator Posted - 09/15/2016 : 12:09:25
It's one of my all-time favorite compositions and studio performances of his.

Really, really spectacular and somewhat transcendent and timeless, in an offhanded way.

--

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
The Maharal Posted - 09/15/2016 : 11:33:41
Second time upping this thread after a three year gap (THERE AIN'T NOTHIN WRONG WITH THAT) but oh boy I sure enjoy this song. It's his ode to Van Morrison. Possibly. Whatever. But boy his rugged singing during the verses is just glorious. And that chorus is so fun.
shineoftheever Posted - 03/21/2013 : 21:36:46
i don't have that problem, but HA anyways. that's some good shit there. channel 4 all the way!

20th Anniversary Tour; Teenager Of The Year: Live and Complete - Coming Soon in 2014 to your favorite venue!
floop Posted - 03/21/2013 : 18:21:28
i like this song too but lately when i hear the flute i can't help but imagining the jazz flute scene in ANCHORMAN. any one else have this problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0U_3_4jB8

green star member since 2006. smb?
shineoftheever Posted - 03/14/2013 : 19:07:31
Custom All The Way is probably my favorite from The Golem btw.....

20th Anniversary Tour; Teenager Of The Year: Live and Complete - Coming Soon in 2014 to your favorite venue!
shineoftheever Posted - 03/14/2013 : 19:06:08
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

quote:
Originally posted by floop

i know lbf's mom plays the skin flute pretty well

ahahaha! (who's lbf?)

it's educational

haha. the question is who's lbf's mom? and where can i meet her?

Discoking Posted - 03/14/2013 : 08:53:31
quote:

ahahaha! (who's lbf?)

it's educational
The Maharal Posted - 03/14/2013 : 04:50:43
I listened to this earlier when I woke up. I think it's possibly his best song from the last five years or so. The flute is amazing while the melody and shifts in structure are quintessential Black.

tofuescape mentioned The Rolling Stones above but I always get a Who vibe, particularly the opening. There ain't nothing wrong with that though.
joe FITZ of molly BANG Posted - 04/02/2010 : 05:42:18
quote:
Originally posted by tofuescape

"The beginning of this song sounds JUST LIKE another song but I can't quite remember what it is. I'm thinking Rolling Stones maybe? Someone please help! "

Its either Factory Girl or Street Fighting Man from the album Beggars Banquet. I thought exactly the same when I first heard it! Would need to check which, but haven't had a copy of this album for 15 years at least.

Great song. Much more depth of production than the not-so-well-produced-if-were-honest, seven fingers. Blue finger had excellent production too. Not sure what happened in between. Home studio perhaps?

you need to go buy beggars banquet or steal it. or give me your adddress so i can send you a copy. it's a must. a great album.

Steak n Sabre Posted - 07/01/2009 : 19:17:34
Well...IMHO.... Best BF FB song in a long time.... Even worth a post here... Stay Tuned my freinds..

Ziggy Posted - 07/01/2009 : 01:24:12
Yeah, the bass is pretty high up in the mix!

I think that's why the EDF records are so loved, aside from the songwriting... the production, although complex, sounds marvellous even on a brash, punkish song.
tofuescape Posted - 07/01/2009 : 00:50:38
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

I don't have any problem with the production of Svn Fngers. Recorded at Wavelength Studios. Done fairly quickly, but it sounds great.

productions not bad, but it doesnt seem to stand being turned up loud very well. Sounds a but thin, for want of a better word. It is missing the sheen of, say, FMRM or the golem stuff thats now coming out. EDF just has a different approach I think...bit more organic sounding and less harsh. Horses for courses though.

Seven fingers has some of my favorite songs on it though.
Ziggy Posted - 06/30/2009 : 04:59:40
I don't have any problem with the production of Svn Fngers. Recorded at Wavelength Studios. Done fairly quickly, but it sounds great.
tofuescape Posted - 06/30/2009 : 03:06:13
"The beginning of this song sounds JUST LIKE another song but I can't quite remember what it is. I'm thinking Rolling Stones maybe? Someone please help! "

Its either Factory Girl or Street Fighting Man from the album Beggars Banquet. I thought exactly the same when I first heard it! Would need to check which, but haven't had a copy of this album for 15 years at least.

Great song. Much more depth of production than the not-so-well-produced-if-were-honest, seven fingers. Blue finger had excellent production too. Not sure what happened in between. Home studio perhaps?
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 06/12/2009 : 15:13:12
Jethro Tull
trobrianders Posted - 06/12/2009 : 07:59:11
quote:

is this the first frank song to feature a flute? i wonder who's playing the flute

I'm guessing Tom Waits' sax man Ralph Carney.

floop Posted - 06/12/2009 : 07:57:04
is this the first frank song to feature a flute? i wonder who's playing the flute

kfs Posted - 06/12/2009 : 07:53:09
The beginning of this song sounds JUST LIKE another song but I can't quite remember what it is. I'm thinking Rolling Stones maybe? Someone please help!

I LOVE it, by the way!!!
1965 Posted - 06/08/2009 : 13:11:56
I want my USB!

I have the key to #902
1965 Posted - 06/08/2009 : 13:11:23
Thanks fbc. This is a wonderful tune - I am getting more and more interested to get my hands on Der Golem by the hour. When is it being released again?

I have the key to #902
fbc Posted - 06/03/2009 : 23:08:23
Uh huh. Cheers for the link. Ohh ooh la la will be slipped into conversation today.

quick rip for anyone: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z77f9l

Great to see The Adventure and The Resolution on the media player. In my opinion one of the greatest FB tracks and always will be.
Daisy Girl Posted - 06/03/2009 : 15:38:00
Nice, thanks IMC.
billgoodman Posted - 06/02/2009 : 22:17:40
There's also a new video for When They Come To Murder Me and talk of a new USB-release.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Brank_Flack Posted - 06/02/2009 : 16:57:27
Digging the track! I like it more every time i hear it, the production is great. I think the Golem has the potential to be a FB classic along with Frank Black, Teenager of the Year, Dog in the Sand, Show Me Your Tears, and in my opinion Bluefinger and Svn Fngrs. Lots of stuff going on in this one, sounds like alot of time was put into it.
Thanks for the song!
danjersey Posted - 06/02/2009 : 16:00:49
i like the flute.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000