-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 NEWS??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darwin Posted - 07/09/2007 : 10:13:50
It's no news to any regular on this forum, but the fb.net is losing its relevance. Dave, Brian, or Dean need to spend some time updating the news, or more realistically they need to appoint someone to be in charge of updating the news. It's busy Frank time, but you wouldn't know from the main page of fb.net (and I can't learn French).

Will they do it? Probably not. It's like having an absentee landlord.
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gary13th Posted - 01/03/2011 : 06:07:45
not much is going on here these days....

----------
I joined the Cult of the Catholics, Oh when will they return ?
vilainde Posted - 12/31/2010 : 04:00:36
I find it cool that when you type "forum.frankblack.net" on google it says "Happy New Year from all of us at FrankBlack.net!"
Of course it's from Jan. 2010 but who's gonna know?

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
jediroller Posted - 08/09/2007 : 02:47:29
Thanks for linking to Blackolero :)

Awesome! I fuckin' shot this!
"Les Blackolero, y sont forts en sacramant" - Czar | 06/26/2007 | 20:10:34

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/09/2007 : 01:26:54
No prob. Thanks for all the threads on what's happening. Otherwise that would've been much harder to put together.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
vilainde Posted - 08/09/2007 : 00:52:51
Good work, Dean. It feels weird to have my work on the tour dates acknowledged, seeing that the page isn't up to date at the moment... But I'll correct it ASAP. Thanks anyway.

Denis

PixieSteve Posted - 08/08/2007 : 17:18:40
the one at pixiemusic?

works fine for me. sounds like you have some spyware crap on your computer.

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Daisy Girl Posted - 08/08/2007 : 16:58:59
Cool Dean. Thanks for the update. I don't know if it is my pc or not but I am getting that flowaway crap when I try to read the press release (keep getting re-directed to it). It's kind of funny... I can read a line or two before it gets diverted so I am reading it that way. I was also having a similar flow away issue when checking out the dicopedia last week.

bluefinger
kathryn Posted - 08/08/2007 : 11:59:48
Rock!

I got some heaven in my head
coastline Posted - 08/08/2007 : 11:48:16
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Yep, that's a comprehensive news round-up!!

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.

You should link to it, Carlos.

There's a perfect explanation for the shit that I've been in. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know.
Carl Posted - 08/08/2007 : 10:20:25
Yep, that's a comprehensive news round-up!!

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/08/2007 : 03:48:22
Thanks. It's about time. Took about an hour to do that up properly.

Did I miss anything major? I also put a long-overdue new poll on the main page. And I guess I have to update the 'latest album' now that I think about it... work, work, work. :)

PixieSteve Posted - 08/08/2007 : 03:33:49
nice one dean

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/08/2007 : 02:39:58
Alright, I lied. I'm shaping the mother of all 'catch up news releases' now. Which will be all old news to forum followers, but it's got to be done.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/08/2007 : 01:25:37
Alright, here's the deal. I wanted to get the news up to date before printing more news, but as that becomes more daunting, I suppose it's probably better to just start now. So I'll get into the news and put this up in a few mins.

Thanks, Denis.

PixieSteve Posted - 08/06/2007 : 11:20:51
not really. i mean, it depends what you class as independent. how unknown do you want to get?

but yeah, put it on the front page.

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Carl Posted - 08/06/2007 : 11:15:33
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde
Frank Black becomes first Independent artist to record an exclusive live session for iTunes

Wowsers! That is cool.

vilainde Posted - 08/06/2007 : 05:57:30
Dean? Are you there? What about posting this in the news?

http://www.cookingvinyl.com/press/d/4598-1/Frank+Black+iTunes+PR.doc

<<Frank Black
becomes first Independent artist to record an exclusive live session for iTunes

Available for download from 7th August

Frank Black, who recently released his acclaimed retrospective album 93-03, has become the first artist signed to an independent record label to record an exclusive live session for iTunes.

Black and his band, comprising, Frank Black (vocals / guitar), Charles Normal (guitar), Ding (bass) and Jason Carter (drums), recorded the session on 6th July 2007 at the Rockhal Studios in Luxembourg. The five song session, which features two of Black's own songs, alongside three cover versions, will be available to download from iTunes (worldwide) on Tuesday 7th August.

1. Re-Make/Re-Model (Roxy Music cover)
2. Massif Central
3. Manitoba
4. History Song (The Good, The Bad And The Queen cover)
5. The Black Rider (Tom Waits cover)

Frank Black's alter ago, Black Francis, will be releasing a new album, Bluefinger on Monday 3rd September. The album features 11 songs which directly and indirectly reference the Dutch painter / musician Herman Brood.

www.cookingvinyl.com

For more information, please contact JOOLZ at COOKING VINYL:
T: 020 8600 9203 E: joolz @ cooking vinyl . com >>

Denis

Daisy Girl Posted - 07/16/2007 : 19:51:39
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

That was a thread from 2002 with Dean not even in the unrelated conversation.

sorry i guess some of the numbers were truncated

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18531

bluefinger
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 07/11/2007 : 08:11:38
The best way would be for you to find something you think could stand some work or improvement on the site and volunteer to tackle it. The FAQ, news, bios, you name it. There's plenty of work to be found, that much I know for sure.

kathryn Posted - 07/11/2007 : 06:36:02
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

FB.Net will rise to its former glory, it's just a question of when and how much help we get. At the present rate, with Brian AFK and me AWOL, well, let's just say we need help badly.

There are plenty of dedicated people willing to help. How should we tap into that good will?

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 07/11/2007 : 00:01:52
When I was a bit more in the loop I definitely did my best to share info with Blackolero, there's definitely plenty of cooperation and Yann does a great job with it. When Blackolero just started, we added their news feed to our main page so people could subscribe to FB News in French (via Blackolero) from our site. Truth be told, I'd have no qualms about handing over news items to the Blackolero team to do an English version for FB.Net if they were willing.

We are sorely out of date and so am I; we lost Ken Goes as a regular source of confirmed info; we lost our contact at Cooking Vinyl to someone who only comes to us when he needs a favour; we lost Brian and myself to the real world; and our news editing engine needs to be updated because we were crashing the database with spam, so it's hard to even get new news in. So a lot of our 'official' and 'confirmed' news bits now come from the forum, which gives even less exigence to posting/formatting news items.

Plus, I feel like I want to get the news up to date before posting new news, which is no small thing now, and growing larger every day it's ignored.

Anyway, all those excuses aired, it's the one thing that preys on my mind all the time with respect to this site and I'm sorry we're letting everyone down. While I can't hand over the keys to news posting just yet thanks to the fact that with no spam blocking, there are no keys as such to hand over, I would happily accept HTML submissions for news that I can manually enter into the database if there are interested parties.

FB.Net will rise to its former glory, it's just a question of when and how much help we get. At the present rate, with Brian AFK and me AWOL, well, let's just say we need help badly.

Carl Posted - 07/10/2007 : 15:30:31
I can speak fluent English. Sort of. Is that any help.

kathryn Posted - 07/10/2007 : 12:09:34
I can translate some stuff, if that's cool with the blackolero folks.

cassandra is Posted - 07/10/2007 : 11:13:13
I wonder what they think about it...

pas de bras pas de chocolat
fbc Posted - 07/10/2007 : 11:11:47
(merci. Blackolero and FBdotnet should definately be in cahoots with each other. Whether it be just sharing information so that both sites are kept well and truly up-to-date. Yann and Jedi's enthusiasm should be exploited)
cassandra is Posted - 07/10/2007 : 11:03:17
word

fbc Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:59:00
And none french like me. Blackolero has been going strong since early 2006, so it's more than capable of keeping up pace while throwing the odd surprise into the mix.

The thing is, frankblack.net can and should be just as awesome. In English.
cassandra is Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:31:37
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

Is the news going to be so current on Blackolero when Mr Black is no longer cruising through Europe?

I guess so, they're updating it with everything that concerns Frank, France, Europe and Universe!
In fact it's very complete.

You can't imagine how french fans like us are happy and pleased by this site!

speedy_m Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:26:54
quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten

Don't look at me, the news is nothing to do with me.

Idiot.

This is slightly disingenuous.

www.myspace.com/wewereloversmusic
fbc Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:22:10
I'd persoanlly like this site to house it's own news section rather than link to another.

The damn thing just needs updating [/understatement]
darwin Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:17:16
Is the news going to be so current on Blackolero when Mr Black is no longer cruising through Europe?
Llamadance Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:12:17
quote:
Originally posted by cassandra is

Just a question:

What about a collaboration between the fantastic team of BLACKOLERO! and Dean-Brian-Tre team for the news section?

Froggy and Jedi are doing a great and talented work there. The news page from Blacko is really well updated, it would just need a little translation from french to english.

?

I have thought that there is probably scope for an English version of Blackolero, either run by the Blackoleroboys or in synchronicity with them.

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God George Bush snr
darwin Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:03:24
Who you callin' idiot?
starmekitten Posted - 07/10/2007 : 09:42:06
Don't look at me, the news is nothing to do with me.

Idiot.
cassandra is Posted - 07/10/2007 : 09:41:01
Just a question:

What about a collaboration between the fantastic team of BLACKOLERO! and Dean-Brian-Tre team for the news section?

Froggy and Jedi are doing a great and talented work there. The news page from Blacko is really well updated, it would just need a little translation from french to english.

?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000