-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Unofficial ONE MORE ROAD FOR THE HIT Liner Notes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Broken Face Posted - 02/14/2006 : 10:54:41
1. Show Me Your Tears
Written by Frank Black
Originally Released on the iTunes Exclusive EP
12/2/03
2. Humboldt County Massacre
Written by Frank Black
Originally Released on the I Gotta Move CD Single
Shock Records
Produced by Nick Vincent
Performed by Frank Black (guitar, vocals), Scott Boutier (drums), Rich Gilbert (guitar), David McCaffery (bass, backing vocals)
3. Don't Clip Your Wings
Written by Frank Black
12/2/03
4. Preacher's Daughter
Written by Frank Black
12/2/03
Produced by Stan Ridgway
Performed by Frank Black (vocals, guitar), Scott Boutier (drums), Rich Gilbert (piano), Rob Laufer (guitar, vocals), David McCaffery (bass, vocals), Dave Philips (pedal steel guitar), Stan Ridgway (harmonica)
5. Pan American Highway
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on the Robert Onion CD Single
Cooking Vinyl
1/8/01
Produced by Eric Drew Feldman
Recorded by Kevin Ink
Performed by Frank Black (vocal, guitar), Scott Boutier (drums), Eric Drew Feldman (organ), Rich Gilbert (pedal steel guitar, vocals), David McCaffery (bass, vocals)
6. Constant Sorrow Man
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on the St. Francis Dam Disaster CD Single
Cooking Vinyl
2/12/01
Recorded by Kevin Ink
Performed by Frank Black (vocal, guitar), Scott Boutier (drums), Eric Drew Feldman (piano), Rich Gilbert (guitar and pedal steel guitar), David McCaffery (bass, vocals)
7. Pray For The Girls
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on Heroes and Villains: Music Inspired by the Powerpuff Girls CD Soundtrack
Performed by Frank Black(guitar, vocals), Scott Boutier (drums), Rich Gilbert (guitar), David McCaffrey (bass, backing vocals), Dave Philips (guitar)
8. Valley Of Our Hope
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on the Japanese edition of Pistolero
Sony International Records
4/25/00
Produced by Nick Vincent
Performed by Frank Black (guitar, vocals), Scott Boutier (drums), Rich Gilbert (guitar), David McCaffrey (bass, backing vocals)
9. A Dab'll Do Ya
Written by Frank Black
12/2/03
10. Ludwigshafen
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on the Nadine CD Single
Cooking Vinyl
12/2/03
Produced by Nick Vincent
11. Living On Soul
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on the All My Ghosts CD Single
Play It Again Sam
2/17/98
12. Angst
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on the Robert Onion CD Single
Cooking Vinyl
1/8/01
Recorded by Kevin Ink
Performed by Frank Black (vocal, guitar), Scott Boutier (drums), Eric Drew Feldman (electric piano), Rich Gilbert (pedal steel guitar), David McCaffery (bass, vocals)
13. Le Cigare Volant
Written by Frank Black
Originally released on the Japanese edition of Dog In The Sand
Quatt Records
1/14/01
Produced by Nick Vincent
Performed by Frank Black (guitar, vocals)

Album published through TuneCore.com

Cover art by Jay Nungesser (bigblurdesign.com)

-Brian
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joe FITZ of molly BANG Posted - 02/25/2010 : 08:46:01
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Diamond

humboldt county massacre is one of my atf!

i never knew eureka was murderville, when i lived there.

i agree! that song is soo good.
joe FITZ of molly BANG Posted - 02/25/2010 : 08:45:21
quote:
Originally posted by anazgnos

quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

It would be very nice to mention if the versions are different from the original releases. For instance, OMIACC (I think) talked about a bofoor (or was it a boofor?) at the beginning of Ludwigshafen. Are some songs remixed, Oddballs-style?

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!

On first listen "Living On Soul" sounds like a new mix. Anybody considering doing up some "artwork" for these?

oooohh me me !!!
Ronwell Quincy Dobbs Posted - 12/16/2006 : 16:06:51
I've been avoiding purchasing download music online (RIP Tower Records), but I finally had to get the "Snake Oil" and "One More Road For The Hit" and HOLY SH!T "Preacher's Daughter" is one of the most amazing songs I have ever heard. I wish I had taken the iTunes plunge sooner.

It's crack. It's great. It gets you really high.
1965 Posted - 12/13/2006 : 17:03:45
Why does the iTunes version of LE CIGAR VOLANTE (on OMRFTH) fade out 15 seconds earlier than the same version on DOG IN THE SAND (Japanese Edition) CD?

2:06 v 2:21

I do not understand why people do things like this...

MCMLXV
mantaraysallright Posted - 11/18/2006 : 00:03:24
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I suppose this will be my first ever iTunes purchase (I don't like to buy stuff with DRM - I should be able to do what I want with my music as long as it's for MY personal use and I don't give a %$&^(#^* about what lawyers have to say about 'licensing' and so on).

I agree with you fully...but so does Apple. All you have to do is burn the cd as audio files and then rip it on to your computer (all of which you can do with iTunes) and say bye bye to DRM...Apple doesn't even make a secret out of this because they suggest you "backup" your music using this method.
Larry Diamond Posted - 11/17/2006 : 22:34:43
humboldt county massacre is one of my atf!

i never knew eureka was murderville, when i lived there.
edbanky Posted - 08/25/2006 : 15:05:22
Please Jesus of Nazareth, release this stuff on CD. Please. Eine kleine buymusik.

"The man has led us to his current sound like a basket of eggs."
ScottP
Rupert Onion Posted - 08/14/2006 : 18:47:08
Constant Sorrow Man is an old traditional song reworked by Frank Black.

here are the original lyrics
http://www.bluegrassnet.com/tgbs/M/Man_of_constant_sorrow.html
Carl Posted - 03/06/2006 : 20:21:00
Welcome, perrom.

pas de dutchie!
perrom Posted - 03/06/2006 : 14:43:50
Awesome. One, I'm not crazy and two, where can I get a copy? Gracias, mi amigo...
spunXtain Posted - 03/05/2006 : 19:56:28
LOL IM USING TEH INTERWEBS

--
The Marsist Posted - 03/05/2006 : 18:16:48
no man fear not it was not a dream there is infact a frankly awesome electric version on sunday sunny mill valley groove day

Art is the child of Nature; yes, her darling child, in whom we trace the features of the mother's face, her aspect and her attitude.
-Beck

perrom Posted - 02/24/2006 : 20:14:59
Le Cigare Volant: Someone help me here. I have heard that song somewhere before but I seem to remember it being played electric... or was that a dream?
VoVat Posted - 02/18/2006 : 09:16:32
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Ludvigshaffen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ludwigshafen!

iTunes calls it "Ludwigshaffen." I did Google searches for both spellings, and the one-F version came up with a lot more results.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
anazgnos Posted - 02/17/2006 : 18:30:46
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

It would be very nice to mention if the versions are different from the original releases. For instance, OMIACC (I think) talked about a bofoor (or was it a boofor?) at the beginning of Ludwigshafen. Are some songs remixed, Oddballs-style?

Denis

On first listen "Living On Soul" sounds like a new mix. Anybody considering doing up some "artwork" for these?
ScottP Posted - 02/17/2006 : 08:11:42
I like the way NICK VINCENT plays the kit.

Let's drink until we can't feel feelings anymore.
Broken Face Posted - 02/17/2006 : 08:05:03
A big thanks to NICK VINCENT for responding to my email w/ some nice comments as well.

-Brian
Erebus Posted - 02/16/2006 : 23:20:41
Good. Apple gets another 99 cents.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/16/2006 : 21:38:46
That's a negatory on the girls at the end.

I've added the album to the Song DB but no time/energy left to put anything in it:
http://www.frankblack.net/songs/db.asp?mode=release-details&ReleaseID=749

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Erebus Posted - 02/16/2006 : 18:35:12
Thanks for the replies. Of course I could always finally train myself on some minimal editing software.
Puppaduck Posted - 02/16/2006 : 17:58:09
I'm pretty sure the cartoon stuff is not on the new release.

quote:
Originally posted by Erebus

On the iTunes version of Pray For The Girls, do they edit out the Powerpuff Girls voices/noises at the end of the track? I assume not since I haven't seen that mentioned. When making home compilations I've often wished I could forego the comic stuff. (I ask because to this point I've only purchased Somethings, Belle Isle, and the alternate Le Cigare Volant.)

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/16/2006 : 17:24:33
PS I'm going to start entering the barebones of this into the Song DB so Tre has less to do when she's back.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/16/2006 : 17:24:00
I suppose this will be my first ever iTunes purchase (I don't like to buy stuff with DRM - I should be able to do what I want with my music as long as it's for MY personal use and I don't give a %$&^(#^* about what lawyers have to say about 'licensing' and so on). I'm just waiting until the counter gets a little closer to a 100,000 mark so I have a chance of winning something. :)

No idea in answer to your question Erebus, but I'll let you know when that counter rolls up a little more.

Erebus Posted - 02/16/2006 : 16:34:23
On the iTunes version of Pray For The Girls, do they edit out the Powerpuff Girls voices/noises at the end of the track? I assume not since I haven't seen that mentioned. When making home compilations I've often wished I could forego the comic stuff. (I ask because to this point I've only purchased Somethings, Belle Isle, and the alternate Le Cigare Volant.)
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/16/2006 : 11:51:05
<tips hat at Brain>

<yup, intentional>

Broken Face Posted - 02/16/2006 : 11:29:20
I sent out a few emails to FB-related musicians to get some more concrete info for this. Rob Laufer, who appears on SMYT, confirmed that he is singing backup and playing guitar on "Preacher's Daughter." A big thanks to Rob!

-Brian
vilainde Posted - 02/15/2006 : 05:08:19

Denis

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/14/2006 : 13:25:13
These should come in handy for the Song DB too, I presume...

Erebus Posted - 02/14/2006 : 12:28:20
but you be doin' good my man. fb.net has seen few days so rich.
Broken Face Posted - 02/14/2006 : 12:17:31
geez man, i'm at work doing this! Cut me some slack!

-Brian
Frog in the Sand Posted - 02/14/2006 : 12:06:51
Thanks Brian.

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

2. Humbolt County Massacre

Humboldt!

quote:
8. Valley Of Our Hope

Originally released on the Japanese edition of "Pistolero".

quote:
10. Ludvigshaffen

Ludwigshafen!

:)

-----
"I want to change the world but it's changing me!"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000