-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 FB Autumn '06 tour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vilainde Posted - 08/07/2006 : 03:05:48
Thought I'd make a new thread for the upcoming full-band tour this autumn. Here are the dates I'm aware of:

- Wed, 10/11/06 09:00PM Meridian Houston, TX
http://www.meridianhouston.com/

- Sat, 10/14/06 07:00PM State Theatre St Petersburg, FL
http://www.statemedia.com/

- Thu, 10/19/06 World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA
http://www.worldcafelive.com/

- Mon, 10/30/06 07:00PM House of Blues Cleveland Cleveland, OH
http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail.asp?eventid=40621

- Wed, 11/15/06 08:00PM Fillmore San Francisco, CA
http://www.thefillmore.com/

- Fri, 11/17/06 08:00PM House of Blues Sunset Strip, West Hollywood, CA
http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail.asp?eventid=40702

- Sun, 11/19/06 07:30PM House of Blues Anaheim Anaheim, CA
http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail.asp?eventid=40675

The full listing will come up eventually, but if you hear of any new date, please let me know, I'll update the home page.

Denis

35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Larry Diamond Posted - 11/14/2006 : 00:26:45
eh hem.

not too shabby- frank looks great, he's lost at least a hundred pounds since last i saw him. luckily, none of that weight was soul!

xo
Larry Diamond Posted - 11/08/2006 : 21:52:53
the seattle show isn't listed at ticketbastard...i've been putting off the purchase, now i'm wondering if they are available or what...is this the right thread i just searched teh google...

great googley mooogley!
Czar Posted - 10/17/2006 : 11:41:08
Well, the recent additions were in the other direction: Headache and All My Ghosts. I'm happy. :-)
theonecontender Posted - 10/17/2006 : 11:23:50
Is anyone else a little disappointed in the setlists? I really want to hear some more of the fantastic FM/RM tracks such as Fastman and In the Time of my Ruin. Those are the two top songs on the cds, imo. I have another week and a half to til the Toronto show, so hopefully they add a couple more to the set list.

1c
stellenbosch Posted - 10/09/2006 : 17:16:14
Thanks! Duane is quite excellent!!
FranknWeezer Posted - 10/09/2006 : 14:51:28
He's not. It's Duane Jarvis.
-FranknWeezer
stellenbosch Posted - 10/09/2006 : 14:12:21
does anyone know if Dave Phillips is playing guitar w Frank on this tour? And/or who is?
Carl Posted - 10/08/2006 : 18:05:20
quote:
Originally posted by Old Neptuna

Pob used to scare me as a child - now I would like to beat him up.

OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 10/03/2006 : 08:30:51
Ahhh, ye 'ole handwritten setlist, very nice.

Ha! love the "(Thank ya)"

And, most important of all it appears that you guys heard a new Frank Song, huh!:

"GYANESHWAR"

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
RATMbola Posted - 10/02/2006 : 21:29:01
here's a full setlist for the Tempe show on the 1st. I hope this is in the right place (I didn't know whether to put it on the Tempe thread or in the 2006 fall tour one so to play it safe I put it here).

Clam and Digit rock!
Old Neptuna Posted - 10/02/2006 : 12:03:30
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Frank is combining family life and rock 'n roll very nicely!!

Join the Cult Of Pob! And don't forget to listen to the Pobcast!

Pob used to scare me as a child - now I would like to beat him up.

"Your head can go real screw, When saucers chasin' you.."
OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 09/30/2006 : 19:15:56
Hey Man, other than cafe du nord, who has been the first to see Frank and the Boys, anyone
go to the Greek Theatre shows?

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
fbc Posted - 09/28/2006 : 10:19:26
It's exciting stuff. I can't wait to hear what Frank's "band" sound like playing the new and old.

"the extraordinary Frank Black" - david bowie
vilainde Posted - 09/28/2006 : 09:49:18
I just realized the tour kicks off tomorrow. Yay! I see lots of boots pouring in!

Denis

optional_ivy Posted - 09/27/2006 : 20:07:14
quote:
Originally posted by DrWorm

Sweet! The long awaited tour through dallas returns! got my tickets for Gypsy Tearoom

"Mister, would you please help my pony? / I think it's his lung"

Hey, where do you buy the tickets for the dallas show?
vilainde Posted - 08/29/2006 : 00:27:26
By the way, I opened a thread about the Savannah gig here:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16880

Denis

vilainde Posted - 08/29/2006 : 00:24:15
No prob and sorry again for the delay. I like what's said on your home page, btw. You're doing a great job promoting that gig.

Denis

Tiny Team Concerts Posted - 08/28/2006 : 14:24:29
Denis,
Thanks so much!

The site is definitely up and running. Now everyone 21+ who wants a non-Ticketmaster ticket to one of the most intimate nights on the tour can grab one easily.

Tiny Team Concerts greatly appreciates all the fine work that frankblack.net does. Keep it up!

Your friends,
TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts
"Good music for nice people"
vilainde Posted - 08/28/2006 : 14:10:28
Ah, sorry, I wasn't home at the time and I totally forgot. I added the link, but it looks like the site is down...

Denis

Tiny Team Concerts Posted - 08/28/2006 : 12:36:13
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Fair enough, sounds reasonable. Go ahead and swap it when you have a sec.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."

Hey, sorry, I only checked this thread today. I'll change it later tonight.

Denis

quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

quote:

Denis

Any idea when that link might be up and running? I know it would help with sales if people could just click on the tour date and have it take them to our site.

We still have plenty of tickets available, and we're only letting 405 people into this show.

Plus, in resonse to Schitzophonic, as long as they use PayPal and are at least 21 with positive ID, we're happy to accept payments from the UK!

Thanks again for any help frankblack.net can provide.

--
Tiny Team Concerts
NationalKato Posted - 08/27/2006 : 21:37:07
Just picked up my tickets for the 10/13 show at House of Blues, Orlando, FL from Ticketmaster.
hammerhands Posted - 08/24/2006 : 23:25:41
The Winnipeg ticket that I just received says GA3 general admission. Are all the seats for the show general admission? Does the 3 mean something?

My friend saw the singer Melanie when she played at Pantages’ at the height of her fame and vocal power, she blew 3 microphones. After her last mic was gone she stood up on a piano and demonstrated that she had never actually needed a microphone, filling the theatre and singing to every ear. The band didn't even turn down.
scruvs Posted - 08/24/2006 : 20:26:04
quote:
Originally posted by scruvs

quote:
Originally posted by Schitzophonic

Oh damn, and I bet no American sites will be happy taking card payments from the UK either.. I'm gonna have to try and contact the place.

I would suggest getting tickets in advance.

Although the Orlando shows aren't on sale yet, it looks like they're going to be handled by ticketmaster.com when they do go on sale.

They're available on ticketmaster now. I hope that works out for you, schitzo

anazgnos Posted - 08/21/2006 : 12:29:50
On the SoCal shows- apparently they are not charging fees if you buy Anaheim tickets at the box office. It seems like the policy on this changes from gig to gig, I've seen it go either way many times. Sadly I already ordered mine online, but, if they also will sell tix to the other So Cal HOB shows with no fees, that makes those shows look a lot sweeter to me...
vilainde Posted - 08/18/2006 : 08:10:36
quote:

Denis

deadlydoctor Posted - 08/18/2006 : 05:37:46
Tickets for the October 22 show at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. are now available on Tickets.com.

http://www.tickets.com/event_info.cgi?pid=5821523

--------
he’s tripping over graves • as rain begins to fall • and finally they escape when the shuttle bus is called
Tiny Team Concerts Posted - 08/15/2006 : 15:49:51
quote:
Originally posted by NimrodsSon

One thing I don't understand--how is it that sports arenas and even restaurants, for that matter, can get away with serving alcohol when there are people under 21 in the building if concert venues can't? I live in the Atlanta area, so maybe the laws are different, but every concert I've ever been to serves alcohol, 21+ or not. I take it from what you said that this is just a local Savannah law?

ˇViva los Católicos!

You make a good point. However, in most states, there's a legal difference between a "concert venue," and a bar which happens to offer live music.

In Atlanta, you have places like Center Stage, The Tabernacle, Variety Playhouse, The Roxy, etc... Which are essentially big boxes designed for seeing shows in. They offer alcohol and soft drinks because it helps them pad their profits.

However, you also have places like The Star Bar and Smith's Olde Bar, and while they regularly book live entertainment, they are primarily bars, in that well over 50% of their income is derived from the sale of alcohol.

In Savannah, if you go see a show in the 1,200-seat Lucas Theatre or the 2,500-seat Johnny Mercer Theatre, those events are open to all-ages, and they give adults bracelets and charge them way too much for weak drinks.

But if you run a straight-up bar, whether or not you bring in bands to keep people occupied, then the police and the city government's attitude is, "If it's not legal for people under the age of 21 to possess or drink alcohol, then why on earth would we let them enter a place whose primary goal is to sell people alcohol?"

They know that eventually someone will buy someone underage a drink or somebody will get served, and their lawyer told them that if they had a law on the books that actually ALLOWED a situation to exist where this COULD happen, and somebody got hurt as a result, then the city could be sued.

Once it was phrased that way, they wasted no time in changing the law, since plenty of busybodies and church leaders had been after them to do that for years anyway.

Hopes this explains the situation more clearly.

- TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts
NimrodsSon Posted - 08/15/2006 : 12:54:12
One thing I don't understand--how is it that sports arenas and even restaurants, for that matter, can get away with serving alcohol when there are people under 21 in the building if concert venues can't? I live in the Atlanta area, so maybe the laws are different, but every concert I've ever been to serves alcohol, 21+ or not. I take it from what you said that this is just a local Savannah law?

ˇViva los Católicos!
lumpy Posted - 08/15/2006 : 12:47:42
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Team Concerts

quote:
Originally posted by lumpy21+ again.... you're kidding me. Can I not just where a shirt that says "DON'T SERVE ME ALCOHOL" in giant letters?

Sorry, but in Savannah, that's THE LAW.

Up until recently, 18+ could be allowed into venues where alcohol was served, provided they were somehow kept from buying or drinking alcohol. However, the city government was convinced that this was in violation of a state law, and the city's lawyer advised them to get rid of that loophole.

Therefore, we have no choice in the matter. If any underage person is caught inside that venue (even if they're not drinking) it's a major fine for the owner and they could possibly lose their license.

The only way around it would be to hold the concert in a place which does not serve alcohol of any kind, and there is not enough demand for a Frank Black all-ages show in our market.

Wish we could help. Good luck catching the Roxy show in Atlanta the next night. If Frank's not worth skipping class for, what is?

--
Tiny Team Concerts

I understand completely. I'm the same guy that e-mailed you about this a few days ago. Actually, I'm thinking about driving up for the Asheville, NC show because the orange peel seems like a really cool venue and my friends from Rock Hill are willing to give me a ride. Now all I have to do is somehow get to Rock Hill from Charleston.
DrWorm Posted - 08/15/2006 : 07:50:04
Sweet! The long awaited tour through dallas returns! got my tickets for Gypsy Tearoom

"Mister, would you please help my pony? / I think it's his lung"
Erebus Posted - 08/14/2006 : 16:03:13
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

Has anyone bought tickets for the Fillmore show in SF? Is there any way to buy them not through ticketmaster?

I went the ticketmaster route, darwin. $41.50 after $13 tacked on, but then I'm guessing you just want to avoid ticketmaster itself, not so much the dollars. I bit ten minutes after they went on sale and didn't feel like I could afford the luxury of looking elsewhere. Would have preferred to go through Fillmore, if that's ever even possible.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/14/2006 : 14:06:48

Tiny Team Concerts Posted - 08/14/2006 : 12:48:00
For what it's worth, the venue in this case has nothing to do with the show. They are only renting us the room and handling the bar sales.

In fact, the owner was completely unfamilar with Frank's music and career, and any calls to the venue are simply directed to our site anyway.

Again, this would just make the act of purchasing tickets for the Savannah date much easier and more straightforward for folks who may not be inclined to search this thread on the Forum...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

- TTC

--
Tiny Team Concerts
darwin Posted - 08/14/2006 : 12:33:18
Has anyone bought tickets for the Fillmore show in SF? Is there any way to buy them not through ticketmaster?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/14/2006 : 12:31:15
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Team Concerts

Hey frankblack.net moderators:

Is there any way you could make the venue link for the 10/15/06 show on the News page go directly to our website (www.tinyteamconcerts.info)?

That way, if folks click on it, it would take them to where they can instantly charge advance tix online.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and keep up the good work with a great site!

Your call, Denis. Do you usually link to the venue or places to get tickets?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000