-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 AMA Charity T-Shirt (Auction 1) - Closed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/24/2005 : 17:54:14
From now until Saturday, Dec 30, we are auctioning Five Autographed Americana Music Association (AMA) t-shirts. The shirts originally cost $15, $10 of which the AMA has already donated to the Red Cross (this was done during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina). On top of that, all money from this sale will go to Childreach, a charitable organization that strives to meet the needs of the most needy children.

The t-shirts come in two varieties, blue-ringer style and the more traditional variety. All t-shirts are personally autographed (twice) by Frank Black, with a black and powder blue marker which looks quite nice and is definitely wearable (though you may not want to risk eating anything messy!) and are sized medium.

This auction will be for the traditional americana-styled t-shirts pictured below. There is a reserve bid placed to ensure that we're not short-changing the charity or the man behind this effort, OldManInACoffeeCan, and all bids placed here are to be considered binding (at the penalty of permanent expulsion from FB.Net for anyone not taking this seriously).

The bid price includes the t-shirt, worldwide postage, and a bonus CD. The highest three bidders in this auction will each win a shirt, with choice of which one (the autographs are styled differently on each) to go to the bidders in order from highest to lowest in this auction. The CDs will likewise be chosen by the highest bidder down, but from both auctions combined. The highest collective bid will also receive a free autographed Cult of Ray-era poster.

We will make sure you receive a tax-deductable receipt if this is possible for your specific country and the charity.

So, to place a bid, all you have to do is make a post with the amount. Subsequent bids must be at least $1 higher. The opening price for the bids will be $30 (remember, this is for an autographed t-shirt, a bonus CD, and shipping, and includes a $10 made to the Red Cross). This is the season for giving, and what better time to help needy children than at Christmas. The best of luck making your donations, and thanks to Richard for doing all this!

T-shirt 1: Selected by Majeux

T-shirt 2: Selected by Fumanchu

CD Chosen by Fumanbru

CD Chosen by Majeux

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/14/2006 : 23:27:25
Yeah, I'm still waiting on a few people to email me because I have some donations in already but not an indication from everyone of what they're doing.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 01/14/2006 : 21:03:32

Hey, once again, thanks to all the bidders this was a huge success.

And, uhh, I'm ready to mail these bad-boys out as soon as I get the go-ahead from Dean.

I've been keeping them safe for 4 months now and actually I'm ready to get them out of
my closet and into yours.

"I'm more of a self-indulgent epic kind of guy." King Charles IV

OMIACC - PostMaster of fb.net's Zenith threads
fumanbru Posted - 01/12/2006 : 18:02:19
thanks dean!

i just made the donation and emailed you the details.

and a big thanks to dean, oldman, frank, and any others who helped set this up!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/11/2006 : 20:15:24
OK, here it is (sorry, I'm so %$&^@%^(*@'ing swamped you wouldn't believe it):

It turns out donations made in exchange for goods/services aren't tax deductible. I've been working to figure out how to handle this, and I offer this as my solution.

1) Donate directly to Childreach and not through us. If you choose to claim the donation that's up to you, essentially we'll send along the goodies separately from the donation and that should help those that choose to do so, but obviously, legally, we can't advocate this. It's quite possible that since we're donating the goodies and not the charity that it's legal anyway, but I'm no tax man. However, as well as I know many of you, we still need some form of verification that the payment has been sent to them, so you would have to get a copy of that to me before I can get the goods going your way. This means a bit more delay before you get a present in the mail, but what can you do? Donations can be made here: http://www.planusa.org/action/donation.php and choose whichever branch most appeals to you - they're all good causes. Credit card donations or snail mail/cheques, no paypal.

For those not concerned with a tax receipt that would like to get their stuff a little sooner (possibly - I'm not sure how quickly Child Reach processes stuff) or who need to pay Paypal, you can still do it through FB.Net. Simply let me know and when I hear from everyone I'll get the ball rolling.

Shine, regarding you specifically, I can't give you top spot in choosing the goodies, since that would be woefully unfair to those who bid high earlier and before the close, but if you're still making a donation Kathryn has volunteered her goodies and place in choosing them. You have only to let me know via email.

So, once again, please email me, and I still am waiting on some of you to give me your preferences.

Thanks,
Dean

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/08/2006 : 08:51:40
Updated the selection lists.

OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 01/07/2006 : 10:51:25
Here are the track listings of the CDs and I've selected the 5th CD to offer (I only listed 4 because I was having a difficult time with choosing the 5th, however, after seeing these impressive winning auction bids I've decided to include one of my all-time favorite Frank Single/EP's: YOU AIN'T ME)

None of these CD's are autographed, by the way.

So, Brother fu you may want to change your selection of CD's considering the addition of YOU AIN'T ME(German edition)

YOU AIN'T ME [Germany](tracks: 1. You Ain't Me, 2. You Never Heard About Me, 3. Pray a Little Faster, 4. Announcement)

TEENAGE FANCLUB (tracks: 1. Handyman, 2. The Man Who Was Too Loud, 3. The Jacques Tati, 4. Sister Isabel)

MEN IN BLACK (non-digipak with UK Tour dates sticker and survey card included inside) (Tracks: 1. Men In Black, 2. You Never Heard About Me, 3. Pray A Little Faster, 4. Announcement)

MEN IN BLACK (digipak, UK Tour dates sticker, AND numbered limited edition #05584) (tracks: 1. Men In Black, 2. Just A Little, 3. Re-Make/Re-Model)

NADINE US Single(tracks: 1. Nadine (SMYT's album version), 2. Hermaphroditos (Live version), 3. Los Angeles (Live version), 4. Jane The Queen of Love (Live version), 5. Gouge Away (Live version) tracks #2,3,4,5 were recorded live for CBC Radio 3 on April 4, 2003 at The State in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/07/2006 : 08:25:05
Fumanbru has selected T-shirt #2 and the FB & Teenage Fanclub CD.

OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 01/06/2006 : 13:36:00

Wow, these are very impressive results from the two auctions. All of you bidders
were so very generous with your bids.

Your generosity and giving spirit is much appreciated by myself, Dean, Brian, Dave,
Violet, Charles, and most importantly, the children of Child Reach.

After all, it's exactly as Brother Fu said, "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!"

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/05/2006 : 19:54:54
OK, here we are with the winners of the auction. Still waiting on the charity to return my correspondence, but in the meantime, please email me with your choices ranked in order and we'll sort out who has to choose again after if there's still a conflict after that:

Overall ranking (for use in CD selection):
`'`''`'`''`'`'`
1) The FumanBru ($80 US)
2) Majeux ($76 US)
3) Westport-ma-wusum ($75 US)
4) Daisy Girl ($55 US)
5) Kathryn ($50 US)

Auction 1
`'''``''`
1) The FumanBru
2) Majeux
3) Westport-ma-wusum

Auction 2
`'''``''`
1) Daisy Girl
2) Kathryn

All told, we raised about $350 for Child Reach which is commendable, thank you guys for participating including those who didn't win the auction. If anyone wants to make a donation anyway or up their donation that would be very generous and I am happy to do it, but it won't change the final rankings.

Thanks again, congratulations, and I'll be in touch when I hear from the necessary parties.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/31/2005 : 08:32:06
Fuman, Majeux, and westport-ma-wusum should please email me asap. (as well as shine)

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/31/2005 : 08:24:27
I'm going to sort through the auctions now and see what makes sense. Since it's for charity, I see no problem, but I'll ask whoever may be affected first.

As for this auction, the winners will be posted in a new thread right away, just sorting all the stuff out. Thanks to all who participated, I'm sure you will have made a different for some children starting a new year with a little help.

fumanbru Posted - 12/31/2005 : 06:28:29
ha ha shiney! you snooze, you lose!

just kidding!

that's fine with me as long is it's cool with cof and the others. i think it should work out though, cause only yourself, daisy girl, and kathryn bid in auction #2.

shineoftheever Posted - 12/31/2005 : 00:29:50
i couldn't get online! arrgh! i left a poker game but just got on now i was going to go as high as $100 canadian in both auctions with the intention of winning just one. please mods accept my bid(s). i understand either way. thx.

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/30/2005 : 07:02:41
The auction goes until midnight PST or forum time, sorry I wasn't clear on that K. Thanks everyone for participating so far. Good luck to all, they're nice shirts.

majeux Posted - 12/29/2005 : 20:41:08
I'm raising my bid to $76 US, just playing safe.
Considering I'll be fast asleep while you guys keep bidding the other side of the planet !
OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 12/29/2005 : 16:38:16
Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your bid on Auction #2. The response to these auctions has been really
impressive. I would love to see something like this happen again here. I mean it's
like Brother fu said, "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!"

I'll defer to Dean as to what time/time zone the auction ends with on Friday.

Wishing you, Daisy, and everyone else here at fb.net, a meaningful 2006.

Happy New Year!, and thanks again for your bid.

TheCanMan.

Daisy Girl Posted - 12/29/2005 : 16:09:33
One more question... this goes until midnight EST on Friday and ends at 12:01 am Saturday?? :)

Thanks again for setting this up guys! I know this took a lot of work. It's in my opinion the best thing the forum's done. Maybe we can all help out next time and make it an annual thing?
fumanbru Posted - 12/29/2005 : 06:42:09
$80. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!

666 posts!

VoVat Posted - 12/28/2005 : 12:45:44
Awww, Americana Music Association? I wanted the American Medical Association!

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
majeux Posted - 12/27/2005 : 23:58:08
I'm in at $55 !
westport-ma-wusm Posted - 12/27/2005 : 08:27:58
Put me down for $75.
ObfuscateByWill Posted - 12/27/2005 : 02:29:00
Ah-ha!

$31.00

*Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/26/2005 : 22:26:46
Sorry guys, bids are in dollars and not cents. Read the rules.

danjersey Posted - 12/26/2005 : 20:58:31
I'm in
$30.06

Signature checkbox
checked by default?
ObfuscateByWill Posted - 12/26/2005 : 13:37:48
OK.

$30.01

dig4fire Posted - 12/26/2005 : 12:48:15
$30 bid from me in the great Northwest. -Pat
OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 12/25/2005 : 22:19:18
[from the News page here at fb.net, http://www.frankblack.net/news/ ]
"We've contacted Frank & Violet and they've asked that we donate any proceeds from the
auction to Child Reach, an organization that strives to help children in need. What could
be a more appropriate time of year to do so?"

"From Production to Mastering" Panel Presentation at the 4th Annual AMA Convention
September 10, 2005, Nashville, Tennessee

The panel of presenters

Laura (Echo Music), Charles, and Jane (Echo Music)

And, later that night...

The following two videos are availabe for downloading at the links below.
These are from the Frank Black, Solo Electric Show, September 10, 2005
Cannery Ballroom, Nashville, Tennessee:

SING FOR JOY (video recorded by thedude)
http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3S497MF45C6TO0EYSGD7UMSLU9

GOODBYE LORRAINE (video recorded by thedude)
http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34GP0PQV3CPY11SOT6ZIHOY6ZV

shineoftheever Posted - 12/25/2005 : 18:47:00
$50. canadian

EDIT BY COF: ($43 US)

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
fumanbru Posted - 12/25/2005 : 11:40:12
$50. Merry Christmas!

ObfuscateByWill Posted - 12/25/2005 : 00:13:46
$30.00

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000