-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 WANTED: Graphics Person - Make This Site Prettier!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/08/2003 : 00:08:00
Hey all, looking for someone to (potentially) take care of the graphics for the site.

To start with, we'd like to update the icons in the Forum. If you're interested, post a note here, and get started!

I'll let you know how to submit them, we'll take a boo and choose the best set, or if there's individual ones that really stand out, we'll pick them, and then team those peeps up to take care of the rest of the site.

Gee..this sounds a little like Survivor..who will be the weakest link? ;)

I guess the only requirements are willingness to work in a team, and preferably Photoshop..

Fonts on the site were taken from here, it would be cool if you stuck to them:

http://fonts.tom7.com/

S'all i can think of for now..have fun!
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Daisy Girl Posted - 03/15/2009 : 06:12:23
hi, I don't have graphic design experience, but I am good at helping organizing things and try to keep things on track, so I would be happy to be part of the team to help organize our next gen design.

We're all obscure fans.- trobrianders
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 06/28/2006 : 09:38:08
Thanks guys. I can't see FBC's from work but I'll look at it tonight. Keep 'em coming.

I think Active Duck is pretty swamped right now with a non-FB.Net related paying project, so we may have to forge on without him.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
fbc Posted - 06/28/2006 : 09:30:14
minus text and alterations (so far), but an idea for the mix before Active Duck comes and blows us all out o' the water:

Tre, if you want me to make any of your images transparent like the original, let me know here and I'll post them up asap.
Dean, I think the FBF font was Clarendon.
starmekitten Posted - 06/28/2006 : 07:38:11
No problem, I quite plainly like playing with the pretty pictures.

I've just been trying to follow this:

But because I'm quite limited in what I can do I'm just doing standard blocks of stuff. I have no idea how to make things see through like that. Where are all the graphically minded folks hiding?

Broken Face Posted - 06/28/2006 : 07:34:01
Maybe we could try and ape the FM/RM-esque font for the banner. I figure, the banner could be easily changed with each album (or at least modified), and we might as well capitalize on FM/RM while the record is hot.

I also agree w/ the earth tones.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 06/27/2006 : 15:18:34
That's not too bad, though I'd move that banner from black to browns/earth tones. The font could be a little smaller but it may well be worth changing as well... thoughts?

Thanks Tre for helping.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
starmekitten Posted - 06/27/2006 : 14:50:16
how about something like this:

which would look something like this:

http://i4.tinypic.com/15yht7c.jpg

just to get the ball rolling...

forum ebook: end of miles
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 06/27/2006 : 12:14:36
Yeah, for sure. Play away. This is open to anyone interested.

starmekitten Posted - 06/27/2006 : 11:45:40
I can't help, I'm on computer three since then and haven't saved anything. I remember though, it looked like an angelic terminator Frank right? If it's lost can I play? How big does it have to be? I've read through the thread and I don't think the font was mentioned anywhere I'm afraid :(

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 06/27/2006 : 09:41:54
The banner is that "Welcome to FB.Net" graphic. The one I had done was that guitar pic with him and/or halo standing embossed in brown. Not great, but an option. :)

starmekitten Posted - 06/27/2006 : 09:36:00
*falls off chair*

Which banner? I don't remember a banner?

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 06/27/2006 : 09:09:30
Hey guys, long time.

I had done a little work on the main site before I got busy. It's not much, but it's a start. As I continue to work on it, the progress can be seen here:

http://www.frankblack.net/main2.asp

I need that font that was used in FrankBlackFrancis to replace words like "newsflash", etc. I'm thinking I'm going to keep the dark blue links, they just stick out a little more. I also need, as always, new icons for the little dog and star, and I'm also going to change the icons for FB appearances away from the card theme. The Pixies icon, I'd just like to recolor the circle's background to a brown instead of gray

So, I'm going to restart this thread with the emphasis now on the site itself and matching it thematically to the forum. I will change the background to be the same as the background in use here in the forum, and the colours of the poll as well, when we finally get to that point.

For now, I need:
1) New banner (does anyone have that one I designed oh-so-long ago kicking around)
2) Font used for FBF album (the name I forget once again)
3) Icons for the dog, star, FB shows (perhaps a small flower to fit the theme of late), and so on.
4) Maybe a different "Not this Frank Black" banner at the bottom?

If anyone did want to redesign the layout of the site, now is the time. My intention is to simply change the colour/font/look and not tweak the layout, but if someone comes up with an awesome mock-up, I will definitely change my tune.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/17/2006 : 11:53:12
Does anyone have a copy of Jen's typewriter. I finally am getting around to mod'ing the front page and want to have that in there. I guess I could email her, too, but I don't think I have the right address any more. Or she just doesn't answer my emails...

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/08/2005 : 05:25:44
Just keeping this up so I have reference material for when the main page finally gets done. Other stickies should be disappearing soon.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/17/2005 : 13:52:31
Looks quite nice, doesn't fit with the theme at the moment but I like your work. Maybe it'll come in handy on our next graphical revisitation, thanks!

landoblack Posted - 10/16/2005 : 11:43:21
yea i noiced the image isnt showing. 250free.com seems to be down and thatswhere my image is hosted and i dont have a backup since it was just something i threw together at school. so remade it and posted it on another image host
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/15/2005 : 09:37:49
All I have is a broken link...

Carl Posted - 10/14/2005 : 19:51:42
Hmmm, not bad but it needs to be thematic!

Hello, BTW!
landoblack Posted - 10/14/2005 : 09:43:01
just an idea

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 06/03/2005 : 13:50:03
There is, but it'll probably wait til I get back. Thanks tho. Ñ) Ooh, some sort of Spanish smiley!

fbc Posted - 06/02/2005 : 15:32:42
me again.

erm, is there anything else need doing? i'm bored

it all looks beautiful to me
fbc Posted - 04/23/2005 : 23:32:19
I believe it was Active Duck (Damien) - one clever guy
slaveish Posted - 04/23/2005 : 21:32:46
wow, the site looks so pretty. who did the front page? nice, nice work!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/22/2005 : 18:26:19
It worked. But Dave & I are gonna need time to do the whole site, and that's not something I have much of anymore...

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Wooteenie!"
Daisy Girl Posted - 04/22/2005 : 17:23:56
Hey Dean, how's it looking?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/17/2005 : 10:52:58
Thanks, I'll give that a whirl later today!

hammerhands Posted - 04/17/2005 : 00:13:01
Ass-backwordsly, you need to set your file settings before you save.
http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop12.shtml

Would it be confusing for the General Chat description to read "Anything to do with anything." ?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/16/2005 : 15:07:05
Well, I just create the frames and I need to Dave to put them together as animation (unless someone can tell me how to save an animated GIF from the animation frames in Adobe ImageReady).

starmekitten Posted - 04/16/2005 : 14:48:13

thats the original (I forgot it had a blue border)

Lets see some P then

(hehehehehehehe, 'P' hehehhehehhehehehe)

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/16/2005 : 14:44:43
Actually, I think I've got the "P" to finally work...

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/16/2005 : 14:23:47
Also, I need the Pixies "P" that we have there already in silver. I can't seem to get it to look good modifying that.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/16/2005 : 14:09:50
If you could, that'd be great. I'm trying to recolour that animated Pixies icon.

starmekitten Posted - 04/16/2005 : 13:54:21

this one? I only have the re-coloured one and it might have got cropped along the way...
do you want me to try find the original?

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/16/2005 : 13:38:32
Tre, can you get me a full-size image for the top of the main page (FB flying)?

Daisy Girl Posted - 04/16/2005 : 10:04:18
Thanks Old Man in the Coffee Can :) It's amazing the talent of all those besides me... it's awe inspriring. It was great working with such a talented and dedicated team. :) Keep your eye out on the other pages of the site, Dean and Dave have more to come :)

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000