-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Will 4AD EVER release remasters?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carl Posted - 03/05/2005 : 13:33:03
I never got the main albums on CD, at first because I was'nt bothered but later because I though they'ed be re-released in snazzy new editions at some stage. But it seems like a case of don't-hold-your-breath....remastered albums would be great(perhaps with nice collectors booklets!), and now is as good a time as any to bring 'em out. C'mon, 4AD, PULL YOUR SOCKS UP!!

CARL.

"Join up, conform and wear a different uniform!"
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
justahangwire Posted - 03/29/2005 : 12:13:31
somebody needs to leak those remasters onto easytree.org or something. *hint hint* =)

ben
Skatealex1 Posted - 03/21/2005 : 22:07:42
Imagine if the pixies got their cds remastered by the flaming lips

The Truth Is Out There
Carl Posted - 03/21/2005 : 11:20:39
Thanks for the info...that's a pity, but the albums don't sound too bad the way they are, I guess!
jo Posted - 03/21/2005 : 10:25:47
the remasters will never happen. Unfortunately.

We did them, but they were rejected - we're not holding on to them or anything either... sadly.

Maybe one day, but I can't see it happening.. sorry!
Carl Posted - 03/14/2005 : 10:47:17
quote:
Originally posted by rrrich

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Hey, nice, I checked out 1965's link. The purple tape but no Come On Pilgrim? Hmmm.

the purple tape is just a rerelease in a jewel case. the gatefold version of surfer rosa has come on pilgrim on like the uk edition. have a look see at http://www.hmv.co.jp/search/index.asp?keyword=pixies

ザ:ピクシーズ。。。

Yeah, I know COP comes with SF, but I think it was initially released seperately on CD. There seems to be a lot of Japanese imports on the market(of CDs generally, I mean)but not all of them are special editions.
rrrich Posted - 03/14/2005 : 03:17:20
quote:

Hey, nice, I checked out 1965's link. The purple tape but no Come On Pilgrim? Hmmm.

the purple tape is just a rerelease in a jewel case. the gatefold version of surfer rosa has come on pilgrim on like the uk edition. have a look see at http://www.hmv.co.jp/search/index.asp?keyword=pixies

porkbone1 Posted - 03/13/2005 : 09:02:55
I have been wishing for Pixies remasters for a long time as well. Someday...

The joke has come upon me

http://plasticporkbone.typepad.com
Carl Posted - 03/13/2005 : 07:44:45
rrrich Posted - 03/12/2005 : 17:25:41
quote:

Really? I got to check that out on google images or something.

the artwork is no different. theyre gatefold vinyl-esque which is pleasant but not really worth splashing out on unless your other copy is scratched. itd be better trying to track down the version trompe le monde that has bonus live tracks on. bossanova may have have some too but i cant be bothered to check.

billgoodman Posted - 03/12/2005 : 03:32:21
hey I didn't know
there was a pixies track on janis et john-soundtrack
I didn't know about the movie either actually

the track is (of course) where's my mind

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
1965 Posted - 03/11/2005 : 22:41:02
For the Japanese cd re-issues, check-
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code_banner.html?key=136463

** I'll Be Blue, True Blue, Jaina Blue **
Carl Posted - 03/10/2005 : 16:21:35
Really? I got to check that out on google images or something.
rrrich Posted - 03/10/2005 : 16:03:33
they were rereleased last year in nice fancy card packaging in japan. i dont think the songs were remastered but the cases are really attractive.

Carl Posted - 03/08/2005 : 08:46:43
I can feel it, man!
hWolsky Posted - 03/08/2005 : 08:12:21
A remix by Iggy Pop!

"MY oH MY, your dear fellow hWolsky is suspected to be Nazi by someone here... What a Shame!"
Carl Posted - 03/08/2005 : 05:52:27
Bossa and Trompe have very mushy mixs. It kind of diminishes the raw power of the previous releases. I'm not suggesting they do some drastic re-mix of those albums, mind.
shineoftheever Posted - 03/08/2005 : 03:25:24
maybe they're waiting to do some ultra-comprehensive box-set type thing

You can go eat a decroded piece of crap!
frank_black_francis Posted - 03/08/2005 : 03:16:49
TLM and BOSSANOVA are pretty quiet....I've always had to play it louder for some reason....kinda like PJ HARVEY's first 3.....they are mastered at a really low volume....for all the wizardry of Gil Norton....you would think they would make the sound a little better....dang.
Carl Posted - 03/07/2005 : 04:17:09
...Actually, I believe that's true-although I did'nt think the band or management rejected the mixes. It just seems a pity not to give the albums a nice new reissue. They've been around long enough.
Peter Walker Posted - 03/06/2005 : 10:23:50
Erm, someone may correct me, but I believe the albums WERE remastered by 4AD, and the band/band management rejected them. So the original masters were re-released.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000