-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tabs and Trading
 Tabs & Musician Stuff
 Frank Black Tribute CD Chat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/15/2003 : 19:33:40
Welcome to the new home of the FB-CD! We're getting organized here. You can find details in the Details section, how close we are to completion in the Progress section, Collaborators in the Collaborations section, and get involved in this section.

So, as I said, this is where you come to get involved in making the CD or to talk about it. The deadline for deciding on a song is May 1st, but the sooner you can tell me, the better. Especially since someone else might take on the song you were going to do!
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dave Noisy Posted - 03/24/2004 : 22:56:41
Anti-archiving post!

(Oooh..two in a row..maybe this one should go.. ;)

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Dave Noisy Posted - 12/07/2003 : 00:04:08
anti-archive message!
PixieSteve Posted - 11/05/2003 : 09:21:35
I am just getting round to listening to the actual original songs (lol). I just listened to Frank's I'll be Blue... I honestly think the cover is much better. Well done, whoever did it!
Little Black Francis Posted - 10/29/2003 : 10:27:33
Hey Dean, I am done. Can I send it to you somehow, sometime soon?
All I have to do is turn it into an mp3
-------------------------
ain't it funny how the goes
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/13/2003 : 00:44:18
Heh, thanks for the post Andy, you should post about Mr. West (Steve, not Adam) in the Pixies Tribute chat and let everyone know all about how you've been hitting the Pavement on this one.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Little Black Francis Posted - 10/12/2003 : 21:21:41
fuckin sweet link to me and others

I can't wait 'til it says Bone Machine

Drums: Steve West

Vocals: LBF

ain't it funny how the goes
: )
---------------------------
then I shall have acheived stardom, or shall I?
--------------------------
I posted.
speedy_m Posted - 09/19/2003 : 13:05:07
Another terrific album cover. Great work Ryan!

ixies
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 09/19/2003 : 12:36:46
Hey guys, as part of the birthday celebrations, we have the B-side info up including all-new b-sides artwork available on the FTP, thanks again to AdamWest (of Conneticut). Now the b-sides have a home and some hot art besides.

We've purposely left the tracklist off the album so you can mix and match your favourite tracks into a new album. Take from a & b, make your track list, and you have a professional looking custom CD. Just be sure to post your tracklist here 'cause we're all curious.

The link is here:
http://www.frankblack.net/tribute/yam-b-sides.asp

NOTE: Due to some lost email between Dave & myself, some b-sider info is missing. If your name is not in the credits, please drop me a line with that information and we'll get you on.

Thanks again to Ryan and Dave for doing this with me.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Kingmob999 Posted - 08/18/2003 : 20:48:46
south bend Indiana (near chicago)
AdamWest Posted - 08/17/2003 : 20:19:41
connecticut, US

-Ryan
The Holiday Son Posted - 08/16/2003 : 00:52:31
My fellow band mates and I (ie: Avelimp) are from France (all over France but let's say Toulouse).
FranknWeezer Posted - 08/15/2003 : 14:20:58
I'm sure this has already been mentioned (I can't get the search link to work), but hat's off to whomever (I don't have the tracklisting in front of me) recorded their version of "I'll Be Blue." Man, what a kickass version of an average-at-best FB song. I swear I like these guys' version better than FB's.

-FranknWeezer
miguel Posted - 08/07/2003 : 15:40:27
Port Townsend, Washington

www.namjunerobot.com
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/06/2003 : 22:43:57
PA it is...
El Barto Posted - 08/06/2003 : 16:21:17
You can either: Stick a pin in Shippensburg, PA and move it up to State College, PA Saturday, or just wait till Saturday and stick that pin smack dab in the middle of PA.

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/06/2003 : 12:44:47
Done, done and done. Keep 'em coming...
Steak n Sabre Posted - 08/06/2003 : 12:36:57
Stick a pin in Milwaukee WI.....

Chris Knight Posted - 08/06/2003 : 10:44:32
CAK : nowhere-ville, Oregon
parker_airspace Posted - 08/06/2003 : 10:42:07
b-sider too..... nottingham UK

- was smashed head on by a giant truck :( - Chris
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/06/2003 : 08:22:48
B-sider is cool. Which reminds me, we're a little behind with the b-sides page, but hopefully this weekend I'll get the rest done.
Retch Posted - 08/06/2003 : 08:20:58
well i'm just a b-sider, but.........Dublin, Rep. of Ireland.

Retch.

This ain't no holiday.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/06/2003 : 07:50:19
Sweet. Now I have two pins on opposite sides of the world. Anyone else care to join?
KennySue Posted - 08/06/2003 : 06:03:59
zenEQ - Whakaoriori - Wairarapa - Aotearoa (New Zealand)

Peace, Love and Thud.

Kenny-Sue.

www.freewebs.com/kennethsusan
www.geocities.com/kennethsusan

Be Brave - Be Free - Be Beautiful
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/05/2003 : 14:18:39
You know, when I tell people about the project, I like to play up the fact that it is a worldwide effort. I know we have contributors from Canada, the UK, and the US, but I thought it'd be kind of cool to see who's from where exactly. Maybe I'll put a map up in my office and put those pins sitting on my desk to good use. :) From what I remember, the contributors are predominantly American, but just to be all official about it. Oh, and b-siders, you're of course welcome to join in. I know we have some from France, too...

Asterid- Saskatoon, SK, Canada
mereubu Posted - 07/31/2003 : 08:09:36
Thanks, doll.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 07/31/2003 : 07:48:11
Use matte heavyweight, nice bright white. It worked fantastic and is what I made my CD, Frank's, Ken's, and Sarah's with. Glossy is unnecessary because you get the gloss effect from the jewel case and it's more expensive to boot. Plus, you almost always (assuming inkjet) get better colour absorption/replication on matte.
mereubu Posted - 07/31/2003 : 06:34:02
OK, I still haven't printed the cover art for You Ain't Me, and I need some paper/cardstock/whatever recommendations. What are you guys using? I want to make it look purty.
Brackish Girl Posted - 07/23/2003 : 16:07:17
how can i trust you on this? you may be a bastard and you are lying to your keyboard and me!

bored of the little comments. i guess i'll just have an actual signature. much shorter.
-Jessie
speedy_m Posted - 07/23/2003 : 16:00:21
I may be a sadist, but I'm no bastard.
Brackish Girl Posted - 07/23/2003 : 15:57:17
i guess he sounds a little like elvis... and of course i didnt read the reviews. are you trying to bias(i don't think thats a verb but anyway) me by telling me stuff in your damn reviews?! you sadistic bastards!

bored of the little comments. i guess i'll just have an actual signature. much shorter.
-Jessie
speedy_m Posted - 07/23/2003 : 15:19:13
I had heard Ween, but it was never our intention to have Dean's half soused unlce sound like them. He supposed to sound like Elvis. Don't you read the reviews? Apparently it's too hilarious/not funny enough.
Brackish Girl Posted - 07/23/2003 : 15:04:45
everytime i tried it it said 'page not found' or whatever. i'll try again though.
hmm...mike? innocent?*looks sceptical*

-Jessie
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 07/22/2003 : 18:37:34
Heh... thanks. What is the problem with Headache? I.E. what's happening? Maybe you just have to try it again...

For the record, the vocals were recorded before Mike had even heard Ween, so he's innocent of that charge, or so he claims... :)
Brackish Girl Posted - 07/22/2003 : 16:35:44
hello y'all. just got through to the ol' ftp and i'm downloadin dean and mike's his kingly cave. doog's headache isn't working for me, anyone know why?
now i'm listening to his kingly cave. jeez, mike, you must really like ween, the singer even sings like one of 'em...
nice backing vocals guys!

-Jessie
Dave Noisy Posted - 07/18/2003 : 17:07:13
Thanks Pat.

Some good news, looks like the new 'rule' is unlimited # of connections, but there's a total of 150KB/s bandwidth cap on the account. So play nice.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000