-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Eric Drew Feldman!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simibaby Posted - 01/02/2005 : 17:30:57
Since (in my humble opinion) "Frank Black" and TOTY" are far-and-away the best albums(tho they're ALL great)....I have to give props to their common denominator......Eric Drew Feldman. Not too shabby
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ten Percenter Posted - 01/05/2005 : 03:03:06
EDF played on and produced a number of tracks on Chuck Prophet's latest album "The Age of Miracles." This is from Chuck himself:

At about that same time, I bumped into Eric Drew Feldman (P.J. Harvey, Polyphonic Spree, Captain Beefheart) and I immediately enlisted him to oversee/co-produce. Because, even with all the new technology, it’s still impossible to be on both sides of the glass at the same time - Jim Dickinson taught me that.” Feldman brought a welcome set of ears to the sessions, adding driving piano to “Smallest Man In The World” and typically otherworldly Moog performances to “Automatic Blues” and “West Memphis Moon.” “Eric has an appreciation for capturing the spirit of a group performance,” Chuck adds. “And when I’d suggest we turn up a mistake before we discard it, Eric understood. We spontaneously combusted the last part of the record in a day.”

"Fried food, cigarettes, no exercise, chest pain..." (Excerpt from the Angina Monologues)
floop Posted - 01/04/2005 : 09:19:40
thanks for the article jason

EDF + Frank = the best

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
tobafett Posted - 01/04/2005 : 09:02:59
EDF played Frank's "solo" show in Dallas a few years back--said he (edf) was in town working on a record and FB asked him to come play--GREAT organ solos! it was a fun gig.
frank black conspiracy Posted - 01/04/2005 : 06:02:13
I'm just in awe of EDF and his work with the Pixies.

Alec Eiffel will forever be one of the greatest pixie tracks with Erics beautifully weird and pretty synths.
The man is one who deserves what he gets. to work with FB is a compliment to the mans talent.

I would have loved to have seen him live with either Frank or Pixies. Those songs he made so eerie and quirky are long in the past and last of FBs wanna play list, but fingers crossed.

Can't wait for the special, Cult.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/04/2005 : 05:16:20
Cool, I always thought he wasn't on that one. Also didn't know that about the equipment van, but yeah, him & FB have been good friends since the days of the Pixies. We have a special EDF related thing coming up here, soon.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Bluish Black Posted - 01/04/2005 : 03:17:06
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

There's no Eric on DW I don't think, but yeah, gotta love the Feldman. I was almost as pleased to get to meet him as I was to meet FB for the first time.

Eric Drew Feldman is on the credits of Devil's Workshop under additional keyboards along with Rob Laufer and Stan Ridgeway.

I think EDF and Frank are pretty close, apparently Frank lent Knife and Fork one of his equipment vans when Knife and Fork were on tour with PJ Harvey in the States in Autumn 2004.

two reelers Posted - 01/04/2005 : 01:05:47
misc.:

EDF plays a VERY silent organ on a track on the latest Giant Sand album "is all over the map" (which is not very good, imo - i mean the whole album)

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
tobafett Posted - 01/03/2005 : 21:50:08
great news abt. EDF's new album--the samples sound groovy! anyone else have the record yet? reviews??

thanks!
Jason Posted - 01/03/2005 : 15:58:34
http://www.freewebs.com/teejo/argue/ericsaga.html

That's a great article on the adventures of Eric Drew Feldman. It also has interesting quotes from him on what it's like to work with Frank Black and what he thinks of Teenager of the Year.
Stuart Posted - 01/03/2005 : 04:38:49
I agree, the Bureau De Change clips were funny as fuck, especially Steve Coogan as the boss.

This is a high class bureau de change, not some Punch & Judy show on the seafront at Margate!
Black_francis_ Posted - 01/03/2005 : 04:07:38
This is a high class bureau de change, not some Punch & Judy show on the seafront at Margate! - wow!! the day today! thats one hell of a show

oh yeah and EDF is great, obviously
Black_francis_ Posted - 01/03/2005 : 04:07:01
This is a high class bureau de change, not some Punch & Judy show on the seafront at Margate! - wow!! the day today! thats one hell of a show
Stuart Posted - 01/03/2005 : 04:01:20
quote:
Originally posted by simibaby

Since (in my humble opinion) "Frank Black" and TOTY" are far-and-away the best albums(tho they're ALL great)....I have to give props to their common denominator......Eric Drew Feldman. Not too shabby

Do you know that Shabby has the same pronunciation in Chinese and means 'Stupid C*nt.'

Ive never heard EDF's work... will have to order some and check it out.

This is a high class bureau de change, not some Punch & Judy show on the seafront at Margate!
billgoodman Posted - 01/03/2005 : 01:27:59
he played with Captain Beefheart and Pere Ubu
isn't that splendid?

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/02/2005 : 21:09:22
There's no Eric on DW I don't think, but yeah, gotta love the Feldman. I was almost as pleased to get to meet him as I was to meet FB for the first time.

NimrodsSon Posted - 01/02/2005 : 21:02:03
quote:
Originally posted by simibaby

He also plays on Dog in the Sand, Black Letter Days, Devil's Workshop (maybe not, I'll have to check), and one song on Show Me Your Tears.

¡Viva los Católicos!
Broken Face Posted - 01/02/2005 : 18:24:53
if you dig EDF you should check out his new band Knife and Fork - i really dig their debut album, {i}Misercord[/i]. www.knifeandforkmusic.com

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000