-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Live Chat Log - Oct 8/2004

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/08/2004 : 12:25:03
The King has granted an audience with anyone who happens to be online at 6 PM EST. The Q&A session will be held here. Anyone is welcome to ask questions, I only ask that you keep it to questions that don't apply specifically and only to you (e.g.: remember taking your picture with me/signing my CD/when we had that brief eye contact in the middle of Bullet?).

This thread will be unlocked shortly before 6 EST (3 PM PST/Forum time). See you then!

NOTE: To keep things orderly, we have a queue in Dave Noisy's inbox. To ask a question to FB, you email him (no need for the question) and you are placed in line. Dave will post when your turn is up.

Click here to ask Frank Black a question.

VERY IMPORTANT Please refersh no more than once per minute so that we don't cut off the server. If people do this, FB should also have an easier time answering. Thank you!

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chip Away Boy Posted - 01/04/2005 : 09:51:44
'Then a boy in the world said, "you've gotta carry it on"'

The news broke Mr. Black, how's it feel?

kv Posted - 12/30/2004 : 23:33:29
Frank Black,

I missed the Pixies second show in Philadelphia.

Question:

How does the atmosphere change after playing Canada for a few shows and returning to the states? What are the crowd differences?

Any live recordings of Philadelphia?

Kev

9:30 club 1987
chineselover Posted - 10/17/2004 : 14:47:03
unforunately i couldn't make it on the 6th to login. i'd say its difficult to get the perfect post and answer senario in place. maybe the less than 40 word questions and the person's fourm name should be emailed to moderator in advance or on the night, and then the moderator posts all the questions and states who it was from and FB answerws them, and then the moderaror copy and paste the next question from his email onto the thread, and so on..
Sir Mike Posted - 10/15/2004 : 20:45:17
I'm sorry I missed this one. I would just like to add though that it's great to see a first rate artist interact with fans. I've seen so many acts where the artist just walks around the edge of the stage slaps a few hands and never meets or converses with fans. This is refreshing!

Brackish Heart Posted - 10/15/2004 : 04:25:32
If I realised what the equivalent time was in Australia I could have asked Frank if he was interested or there was any chance he was going to tour Australia in 2005 in any form. I guess until you get a definite rejection there is always hope......
Cop In The Sand Posted - 10/14/2004 : 08:21:46
Frank! We waiting for YOU in Moskow!!!!
FrankfanL Posted - 10/11/2004 : 13:57:51
It was sooooo cool . Great job guys!!!
stymie Posted - 10/11/2004 : 11:07:33
Too cool!
Ziggy Posted - 10/10/2004 : 10:16:11
I'm glad this happened. Well done to the mods for setting it up, and to the Man for taking questions! I'm sure with a little constructive feedback it'll be even better in future.
shineoftheever Posted - 10/09/2004 : 20:17:29
Damn, I missed this! Aargh, time to drown my sorrows!
Chip Away Boy Posted - 10/09/2004 : 12:35:17
yeah that wasn't bad
n/a Posted - 10/09/2004 : 11:40:15
er yeah, it's all Deans fault

()

I look like the kind of guy who pimps his sister not just for the money, but because he hates her
OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 10/09/2004 : 11:24:51
Hey, Thanks Charles, you are The Man.

Keep 'em coming, and keep us posted.

What a thrilling experience, to be able to get it straight from The Man's mouth.

Props to you Charles. Not only are you a genius songwriter and performer, but a real gentleman, as well. Rock and Roll like it ought to be.

Long Live Frank Black!
Long Live The Man!
Long Live Rock and Roll!
n/a Posted - 10/09/2004 : 10:45:14
sitting on his lap and asking him in person? like santa?

I look like the kind of guy who pimps his sister not just for the money, but because he hates her
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/09/2004 : 10:37:52
Hammerhands, we thought of doing it that way, but thought it would take a lot of the excitement out for you guys. Cause what could be cooler than posting a question on the forum directly to FB?

toeknee Posted - 10/09/2004 : 09:35:46
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

voting: Frank doesn't vote. Charles does.

That was very well sidestepped I thought!
black_lo Posted - 10/09/2004 : 03:12:01
so... did the man show up ?
n/a Posted - 10/09/2004 : 03:08:36
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

Tre, don't fear The Man. The Man loves Tre.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Frank

No I should be fearing the Kathryn trying to convince me to ask questions about underwear!!! It's a good job I'm not that gullible really!!! Naughty little rebel you

whoreatthedoor Posted - 10/09/2004 : 02:48:44
The greatest honour for a fan site.

"Mmmmm.... Está bien. Normalmente es aquí, pero esta noche..." - Jonathan Richman
n/a Posted - 10/09/2004 : 01:24:37
Thanks a lot to Charles! I don´t know if he saw my question, but that doesn´t matter at all, the only thing that we all should be pleased is because our favourite singer didn´t forgot us, and he found time in his busy schedule to come here and answer some questions.
And I think that´s a great honour!

"I´ve been right and I´ve been wrong, now I´m back where I started from, I never looked over reality´s shoulder,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha."
NubeRocks111 Posted - 10/08/2004 : 23:49:11
This one could be tough for him, but he shuld get it if he remembers that my AIM screen name is my username on it. What is my name and how am I related to you?
leica Posted - 10/08/2004 : 23:07:41
Moderators -

Thanks for the replies above. Seems like if we all give a little feedback maybe it will be easier on the two of you the next time around.

Thanks for your effort today-
hammerhands Posted - 10/08/2004 : 22:43:20
Mr. Noisy could have filtered the questions directly to Mr. Black and either posted which questions he had forwarded or had Mr. Black quote them.

Sort of like the Pope.
Daisy Girl Posted - 10/08/2004 : 22:29:43
Hey... it was very cool reading about all of this. It is the next best thing to actually being there and asking a question... it was very intersting. Hopefully next time, I will be luckier and not be at work when it happens.... awesome. Thanks Dave and Dean... this forum rocks . Thank you too, Charles... that is great you took the time to talk to us! See you in a few weeks!
n/a Posted - 10/08/2004 : 17:42:53
considering the lack of warning and the initial mayhem it did go ok I thought, I watched it with interest, maybe I'll be brave enough to have a question next time

*brave face*

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/08/2004 : 17:22:44
Thanks for the understanding guys. If it makes you feel better, we hope to have something set up for next time. In private FB said he was having a lot of fun doing it (and also was happy to have it moderated), so we will probably have more down the road. I agree it did seem a little slow with the queue, but Dave & I were running around like mad trying to come up with ways of making things orderly and enjoyable for FB as well as you guys. I didn't even get the chance to really read it until after it was over but looks like he answered quite a few.

We'll work out something a little more streamlined for the next one hopefully.

martha_promise Posted - 10/08/2004 : 17:17:05
Yeah, what the hell was it?

Once again, nicely done Dave & Dean! That was a nice opening to (hopefully) a good weekend.

~~Come inside, or...Go Away.~~
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/08/2004 : 17:11:49
quote:
Originally posted by oddball

oh man Cult of Frank's question was the best of the night! If only that one had been answered...let us know if you find anything out Dean ok?

Erik

Heh, I don't even remember what it was? Refresh me. :)

Levitated Posted - 10/08/2004 : 17:04:29
quote:
If there wasn't someone imposing some order (deleting posts of people who can't follow instructions) the whole thing would have been a mess.
You're so right Darwin

Well I felt sad knowing that FB does not know if the pixies will ever play in southamerica but he said goodbye in spanish, that was cool! maybe he will consider it.
I made a double post on my question (I'm sorry I didn't mean it) but Dave deleted quickly, so thank you ;) Yep at the beginning was a total mess but the mail thing went pretty good. Thanks to the moderators and thanks to frnk_blck!!!
speedy_m Posted - 10/08/2004 : 16:59:48
This all got thrown together very quickly just a few hours ago, and while certain people (Dave, Dean) had their real lives going on. With more advance planning, something more efficient could potentially be set up, but considering the circumstances, that went great. I had no problems reading posts and refreshing often and though I didn't submit a question, I felt no "frustration".

Wokka Wokka!!
stevencassidy13 Posted - 10/08/2004 : 16:57:21
he's not coming back is he.....
ShakeyShake Posted - 10/08/2004 : 16:54:03
I dunno,when the queue came in it just seemed to go way too slow,i was practically screaming at the screen for people to hurry up and post their questions

Shemales have rights too...
stevencassidy13 Posted - 10/08/2004 : 16:53:55
maybe one question per person?
soundofataris Posted - 10/08/2004 : 16:52:00
we're really lucky frank takes the time to do this. what a guy.
glacial906 Posted - 10/08/2004 : 16:52:00
quote:
Originally posted by leica

Unfortunately Dave I think you and the other moderators are the only ones who felt this way.

Rules are fine. Etc ad infinitum. Its just that - why go around deleting posts left and right while the Q&A happens? Why lock threads that dont have to be locked? Why not start a question qeue at the time frank posted that he'd be around at 6 today? Why wait til 10 minutes before this thing happens to get the new thread rolling?

Maybe I am just a novice at this online chats but how many people are here? 50? 500? I think the way that you locked everyone out kept them frustrated and attempting to post and repost thereby clogging up the server even more than the people who were refreshing.

Anyway, sorry to sound like such a rude tart, really it was a frutrating experience. And I could give a flip about my q's getting answered. I didn't even bother to email COF with them, it was too chaotic to bother.

I thought that Dave's queue was a good idea, and while I agree that it would've been good to implement from the start, the moderators of the forum are human and are pretty much flying by the seat of their pants. I remember clicking on this thread once at 6, and there was nothing. Then, I clicked on it again about 15-20 seconds later and there were about 10 posts. When I started refreshing the page about 3 or 4 posts would come up every 10 seconds. It got ridiculous pretty fast. I was at first worried because it seemed like the people who weren't following the rules were getting their posts in. But, I only had to wait about 5 minutes or so to get a go at asking a question to Frank through Dave's e-mail queue(and one that would not be erased.) I thought they did a pretty good job at what amounts to virtual crowd control.

What could be better than a swan dive into the asphalt?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000