-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Blogs and websites

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Monsieur Posted - 09/05/2004 : 13:16:32
Do any of you run blogs or websites?

I used to have 2 blogs (I used to have time) and I'm thinking of getting myself a new one, but I can't choose where I should put it, which software I should use etc. The website that was hosting my former blogs became kinda shitty.

I need a blog that can host pictures, music etc. And I'm ready to pay for not having shitty ads all over. I would like to have a nice design for my blog, not necessarily with many pictures or anything, but convenient to use. And as I use Netscape and not IE, I would like to have some sort of text processing tool which would prevent me from programming in WiKi.

Also, I am supposed to have some ftp space with my provider, but it's not working properly. Are there any blog hosts that provide you with decent space for uploading stuff?

Blogs are quite funny, I must admit, and it's very nice to be able to communicate with people from everywhere, regardless of age, social status, race, etc (one of the reasons why I am posting here).

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
VoVat Posted - 01/12/2005 : 18:53:50
quote:
It's going to be a commerce site for my jewelry

Do you have any insane silver skulls?

"Reunion? Shit union!"
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/06/2005 : 11:52:20
I'll send you an email, Jen.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
ramona Posted - 01/06/2005 : 10:55:10
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Which new hosting? I highly recommend webhostingbuzz, they are cheap, tonnes of features, good bandwidth/storage, and I've got all three of my sites with them.

I dunno yet. Thanks for the tip, I will keep it in mind.

http://prettycrabby.com
apl4eris Posted - 01/06/2005 : 09:56:34
If it's alright to ask, what's the restaurant site, Dean? I've been curious about that place for a while...:)

Lon the Fisherman has wooden legs, but real feet.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/06/2005 : 09:54:31
Which new hosting? I highly recommend webhostingbuzz, they are cheap, tonnes of features, good bandwidth/storage, and I've got all three of my sites with them.

My new (very under construction) site is at katsiris.com. The other two are band/restaurant sites.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
ramona Posted - 01/06/2005 : 08:51:12
My blog turned into a website. See my signature. I am in the process of moving it over to a new hosting company and also constantly redesigning. I am easily bored.

http://prettycrabby.com
Scarla O Posted - 01/06/2005 : 05:51:02

I run a website using freewebs (having previously used 'freeola') and i think it's pretty good - you can choose between a free (with adverts) website or pay a little bit and get your own uninvaded ad-free webspace.

http://members.freewebs.com/newAccounts.jsp

"What's your medicine today...what's your poison anyway?"

Elephant Posted - 01/06/2005 : 01:50:11
I have a website (on the internet) actually I've had several now. Right now I'm working on getting my new one up and running. (before I used a free host and everytime they got the chance they would f' me in the a')

www.thecultofj.com
shineoftheever Posted - 12/27/2004 : 00:13:23
dave noisy:

i quickly looked at your livejournal. i found this particularly disturbing:

quote:
10:27 pm - Interesting perspective on onions and garlic
As you may or may not know, i'm allergic to onions and garlic (and leeks, etc..) I get a headache, not bloat up and die... I used to eat it, but stopped several month ago. (Hey, does that make me Buddhist? ;)

are you a vampire? vampyres(uk spelling) are scary.

Rat: do you have any regrets?
Pig: no, but i had a parrot once
Rat: that made absolutely no sense
Pig: well, it made sense to me until i learned he couldn't talk
Rat: i wish you couldn't talk
Pig: you would've liked my parrot
slaveish Posted - 12/26/2004 : 21:18:51
I'm in the process of putting together my website. It's going to be a commerce site for my jewelry and artwork, with a blog running on the first page. A lot of people now doing crafter sites are running journals on their sites of what they're up to. I want mine to go beyond my personal life, and talk about politics and current events. Everyone has their own spin on things- that's what makes these interesting. I enjoy checking out the political blogs- liberal oasis, daily kos, etc.
apl4eris Posted - 12/26/2004 : 19:33:52
quote:
Originally posted by Jose Jones

i never really was sure what a blog is, but i have this thing at the following link that i write random shit on every now and then.

www.xanga.com/DanielYoderRhyne

you might have to give them a username and password to view it, so i understand if no one wants to see it. it's just weird little stories and the like.

-dan

Hey Dan, if you're there, I forgot to mention that I visited your site and enjoyed the short stories. It looks like you haven't updated since. Do you have plans to? Cause if so, I'd read it. :)
Jose Jones Posted - 09/10/2004 : 13:31:19
i never really was sure what a blog is, but i have this thing at the following link that i write random shit on every now and then.

www.xanga.com/DanielYoderRhyne

you might have to give them a username and password to view it, so i understand if no one wants to see it. it's just weird little stories and the like.

-dan
Domestiques Posted - 09/09/2004 : 22:22:55
I have one livejournal http://www.livejournal.com/users/domestiques/
1 website http://www.maryprankster.co.uk

and I also used to do hellokitten.com

------------------------
“I want to be a star!” I cried
They said, “You’re overqualified.
Why don’t you learn to tune your damn guitar?”
VoVat Posted - 09/09/2004 : 15:44:42
I've been told I have the world's most boring blog.

Okay, I wasn't actually told that to my face, but someone mentioned it on her own blog. Not that hers was all that interesting either.

Brick is red, and Hitler's dead. Hang me!
Broken Face Posted - 09/09/2004 : 07:21:45
i maintain a website for my record label : http://www.thefranklinrecordingco.com

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
cvanepps Posted - 09/09/2004 : 07:01:49
quote:
Originally posted by ModernFix

You know I tried to get into the whole blog thing many times but I could never really get very excited about blogging because I'm much too self conscience. I mean wheter or not you admit it one of the key points of keeping a blog is for the entertainment of the people who read it..so you have to make it good, right? So what if nothing interesting happens? Do you lie for the sake of your readers or do you just blog the dull and dry truth. I'd be tempted to make something up..which kind of defeats the purpose of keeping a journal.

My cousin keeps a blog that is quite popular on Xanga because she's a sad sack kind of a person..and people, especailly people on Xanga, seem to dig a sad sack. Kinda of like the Jerry Springer show. Let's make ourselves feel better by oh-my-goshing over the lives of these less fourtunates. It's true.

I hear you Fix. On mine, I only post something "journal-esque" when something worthwhile happens. Like the 3 day jam session last month, music production tales, travel stories, etc. But never a screed of daily events.

On the other hand, you can only maintain traffic by keeping your site packed with regular updates. And I'll need that traffic for when I finish a song, a video project, or a new Flash animation or whatever. So I usually add something each day: jokes, quotes, news items with commentary, etc.

-= It's not easy to kidnap a fat man =-
http://www.cvanepps.com
ModernFix Posted - 09/09/2004 : 06:35:33
You know I tried to get into the whole blog thing many times but I could never really get very excited about blogging because I'm much too self conscience. I mean wheter or not you admit it one of the key points of keeping a blog is for the entertainment of the people who read it..so you have to make it good, right? So what if nothing interesting happens? Do you lie for the sake of your readers or do you just blog the dull and dry truth. I'd be tempted to make something up..which kind of defeats the purpose of keeping a journal.

My cousin keeps a blog that is quite popular on Xanga because she's a sad sack kind of a person..and people, especailly people on Xanga, seem to dig a sad sack. Kinda of like the Jerry Springer show. Let's make ourselves feel better by oh-my-goshing over the lives of these less fourtunates. It's true.
Dave Noisy Posted - 09/06/2004 : 14:45:26
Aye, i'm on LJ too, say hi if you're on there too. I yammer on about nothing in particular, saying offensive stuff and de-vilifying myself by using smiley faces:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dave_noisy/

=)

(See?)

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
cvanepps Posted - 09/06/2004 : 06:30:26
I have one too but I only write something to comment on the news or what have you. I program content to autopost so I don't have to update the thing every day. The site is primarily a repository for my past and future music offerings.

www.cvanepps.com

When checking the stats that come with the server space I rent, the site seems to get regular, albeit modest, traffic. Has anyone checked out the Rance weblog? He's supposedly a Hollywood A-lister who pseudonymously posts stories about movie shoots and celebrity stuff. It may all be crap but it's still pretty interesting.
Daisy Girl Posted - 09/05/2004 : 23:50:32
I don't have a blog but I helped to set up a friend does. Unfortunately there are ads, but I don't know if you can pay not to have them. Here's the link: [Edited]

Here's the website: [edited]
Let us know where you blog is when you get it going :) Good luck.
VoVat Posted - 09/05/2004 : 17:14:11
I have a web page, a blog, and a livejournal. I started the web page when I was in college, and I rarely update it anymore. The blog and livejournal have pretty much all the same stuff. None of them are professional-looking or anything.

Anyway, the addresses are:

Web page: http://members.aol.com/jinnicky/
Blog: http://vovat.blogspot.com/
LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/vovat/

Brick is red, and Hitler's dead. Hang me!
apl4eris Posted - 09/05/2004 : 15:43:14
I'm thinking about starting one. I'm already paying for a hosting site for my website, so now all I need do is find some decent blog code.

I just started looking into www.drupal.org
"Drupal is an open-source platform and content management system for building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes. Equipped with a powerful blend of features and configurability, Drupal can support a diverse range of web projects ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven sites."

I'm still looking into that, but I also want to see what else is out there. I haven't been entirely focused on the search until recently.
ramona Posted - 09/05/2004 : 14:36:24
I have a blog (if you click on the little home icon in my post you will get there) and I posted a topic about blogs awhile back. I can't remember who else said they had a blog though.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000