-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 EDF and The Polyphonic Spree...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Apesy Posted - 07/15/2004 : 01:33:16
Terrible sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but the board's search function never works for me...

Anyway, did anyone pick up the new Polyphonic Spree album? And did anyone happen to glance at the back cover's producer credits?

Produced by Eric Drew Feldman and The Speekers

I was floored! And I must say he did a very fine job.

-=Apesy
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 07/16/2004 : 10:51:09
I have just bought it today (along with 4 other albums) and on first listen it sounds more consistent and even more euphoric than the first.

Good stuff.

Live every day as if it were your last. Eventually you'll be right

Little Black Francis Posted - 07/15/2004 : 22:02:22
anyone have a link that promotes the Album?

Ik heb je oma geneukt met de voorbind dildo van Floops moederhehehahhahehehaha
Jose Jones Posted - 07/15/2004 : 22:00:49
i don't think it was tripping daisy's last album that fdf produced- it was 'jesus hits like the atom bomb', which is phenomenal. it's out of print, but if anyone here likes TOTY and some flaming lips, definitely d/l that album.

-dan
Jason Posted - 07/15/2004 : 10:32:58
Eric Drew Feldman also produced the last album by Tim Delaughter's previous band, Tripping Daisy. And I do believe Tim Delaughter's a big fan of the first two Frank Black albums so that connection may have been the motivation to seek EDF out for both these projects.
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 07/15/2004 : 10:02:27
It's actually track 10 but yeah what a load of dirge. Hard to believe it's by the same people who gave us Hanging Around and Soldier Girl.

[EDIT]

Hey shine, you trying to make me look stupid by editing your post nto say track 10? I do a good enough job of that myself, thankyou very much.

shineoftheever Posted - 07/15/2004 : 09:58:23
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

I am hoping there won't be any fillers on this one.

like that 36 minute piece of crap track 10, they should be selling beginiing stages of....as an EP. it's a good thing the first 9 are so listenable, it is my current sleepytime music by the way.

"These waters run deep, it's clear my little one/Blue velvet star sky not a sound
The light in your eyes, the smile on your ruby lips/Tells me my lost soul is found"
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 07/15/2004 : 09:52:31
I am definitely gonna get it. I thought the first one had some fantastic songs, though it also had a few average ones too. I am hoping there won't be any fillers on this one.

Live they are fantastic, they put on such a good show. It's feel good spirit all around.

shineoftheever Posted - 07/15/2004 : 09:52:30
y'know, I was almost in Polyphonis Spree, but they insisted they didn't need a 29th member, phooey! I am a way better arm-waver than whats-his-nuts. ;)

"These waters run deep, it's clear my little one/Blue velvet star sky not a sound
The light in your eyes, the smile on your ruby lips/Tells me my lost soul is found"
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 07/15/2004 : 09:25:03
quote:
Originally posted by Apesy

Terrible sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but the board's search function never works for me...

Anyway, did anyone pick up the new Polyphonic Spree album? And did anyone happen to glance at the back cover's producer credits?

Produced by Eric Drew Feldman and The Speekers

I was floored! And I must say he did a very fine job.

-=Apesy

Ah! I heard a track on the radio the other day from the new album and thought to myself, "Wow - this is good!". I guess that's probably at least part of the reason. I will now be picking up this album.

"When 5000 posts you reach / Look as good you will not, hmmm?"
WolfManMikeLonely Posted - 07/15/2004 : 08:34:22
I have yet to listen to any Polyphonic Spree, didn't even know they had a new album out but they look interesting.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000