-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Somewhere you wouldn't expect the Catholics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonathan Posted - 04/24/2004 : 00:59:44
I was playing with Toast 5.0 Titanium (its a CD/DVD burning program from Roxio - I think it is Mac OS only) and trying to migrate it from OS 9.2 across to OS X.3.2 (which I eventually worked out how to do, but anyhow that's not the point of the story...)

I discovered Toast comes with a select few freebies to allow a user to try out its functions, photos, video clips and such including mp3s... and a certain one titled "Bad Harmony". Indeed it is Frank and his boys, my they get around. And don't keep such good company... also included with Toast 5.0 Titanium you get:

"Learning to Live" by Jenna Music

"Brose and Butter" by Bonnie Rideout

"Battle Tactics" by hood ben grimm (smalltown mc'z)

"Waiting" by Roni Greer

"Noodle" by Frontier Trust

"Small Town Dreams" by Robert R. Muller

"6X6" by Poster Children

"Glowworm" by The Apples in Stereo

"Arturo" by Squatweiler

"You Said We Made a Deal" by They Might Be Giants

"Hooray for Tuesday" by The Minders

"Want Me" by Red Delicious

"Cadillac Blues" by Blue By Nature

"Falling Up" by Natasha's Ghost

"Gold Dust" by HOL'FADER

"King-O-China" by Quicksilver

Actually, if anyone has heard of any apart from They Might Be Giants - are they any good? wonder if Toast's free music compiler was cool. Interestingly, the copy to accoumpany the freebies refers to http://www.levitated.net/fb/ as Frank's site, that was way back in the day wasn't it?

Anyhow, just thought I'd post this post for completeness I know it's not that interesting, but if you have a Mac note book with Toast 5.0 Titanium and find yourself ona train in desperate need of some FB&Cs you're saved now aren't you?

Treat yourself - www.blackmarias.com - the best new band in the world.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jonathan Posted - 05/03/2004 : 00:23:02
quote:
Originally posted by marcusb

I bet all those tracks are available on emusic.com.. thats probably where they get them from. I know Frank, TMBG and Apples In Stereo are on there..

I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar

great tag line, Meat Loaf, that was the day!

marcusb Posted - 05/02/2004 : 08:45:29
I bet all those tracks are available on emusic.com.. thats probably where they get them from. I know Frank, TMBG and Apples In Stereo are on there..

I once killed a boy with a Fender guitar
Mickey Posted - 04/25/2004 : 04:17:06
it might have something to do with SpinART, I know that at least Frank and Apples in Stereo were on SpinART at that time. Also, I really like the Minders.

-Mickey
jonathan Posted - 04/25/2004 : 03:23:01
Having now listened to the Apples In Stereo track I'm not that impressed. And yes, they've mis-titled the TMBG song it would seem.
I wonder who gets to compile free music samples to be bundled with products? It'd be a bit of an odd job to just find obscure tracks by obscure bands which are cheap enough to get the rights to (or probably are free I guess as it's publicity).

IceCream Posted - 04/25/2004 : 00:12:18
I have heard of the Apples In Stereo. A college radio station played a song by them once.

Join the Cult of Pi - It's just 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097....
prozacrat Posted - 04/24/2004 : 21:29:28
Yeah, I came across this on my Toast program a while ago. Thought it was a nice touch, but it didn't surprise me. Two of my favorite bands showing up on an Apple product. Makes sense to me.

VoVat Posted - 04/24/2004 : 08:09:31
Does it actually call the TMBG song "You Said We Made A Deal"? I assuming it's actually "Hey, Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had A Deal."

Other than that one, the only song from your list I've heard is the Apples in Stereo one, which is actually one of their better songs, I think.

I've reached 1000 posts / So I'm too cool to be in a cult.
BPrend Posted - 04/24/2004 : 06:24:12
the apples in stereo and the minders are both elephant 6 bands. i haven't heard the minders, but the apples in stereo are decent. i haven't heard of any of the others.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000