-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Frank Black playing live with Placebo on DVD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fide69 Posted - 03/13/2004 : 02:24:18
I bought the Placebo live DVD yesterday (Soulmates Never Die – Live in Paris 2003) because of the special guest appearance of Mister Frank Black (Frank Black is playing "Where is my mind?" together with Placebo as final track) – Amazing !
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bobcountry Posted - 05/18/2004 : 23:09:45
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Haven't seen the Placebo DVD yet (when is it out in the USA?)

They posted a date this past week at the site. Sometime in June I believe.
Ziggy Posted - 05/18/2004 : 15:03:12
Nice change from a flannel shirt!

"Me and the chickens running in the street"
psychogroupie Posted - 05/18/2004 : 13:53:04
I was at that gig too bluish black :o)it was fab, going to see pixies 2nd june too Xo) nt long now

My cats breath smells of catfood
Johnny Yen Posted - 03/30/2004 : 18:54:34
Good sample clip. Frank cuts a sharp figure in all that black (leather?).
yarbles Posted - 03/30/2004 : 18:52:32
Haven't seen the Placebo DVD yet (when is it out in the USA?), but the new Foo Fighters DVD shows the band starting the show the same way, with a big partially see through curtain with the foo's logo and all the lyrics from their newset album printed on it. Dave Grohl sings the intro to "All My Life" with a sole spotlight on him, and then when the whole band comes in the curtain drops, the stage gets blasted with lights and the crowd goes nuts. A killer way to start a rock concert.
True Blue Posted - 03/30/2004 : 10:59:51
....And the people who didn't just skip to 'Where is My Mind' will notice that Placebo play behind a curtain for the first 30 seconds or so and then it drops revealing the band!! Hmmm, that's been done before... the band name Pixies mean anything to you??!!

Also, on the documantary, Brian Molko is singing part of 'Silver' in his dressing room, and yes, he can reach that note!

I've always liked Placebo, that that DVD is fucking excellent, don't just buy it for Frank!!!
st.pixies Posted - 03/29/2004 : 10:34:03
are him playing whit placebo...
thats good placebo is ok...

Life Pixies
yarbles Posted - 03/19/2004 : 14:19:12
Does anyone know if/when this DVD will be released in the USA? There's no mention of a release date on the Placebo site
benji Posted - 03/19/2004 : 08:59:29
thanks for the link, thats pretty fucking cool.

can't wait for the real deal.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
yarbles Posted - 03/19/2004 : 08:50:34
For anyone interested, theres a clip of Where Is My Mind w/ Frank at Placebo's webpage.
Click on the ecard for "Soulmates Never Die" DVD.

www.placeboworld.co.uk
Bluish Black Posted - 03/17/2004 : 13:44:42
The DVD arrived today and I have to say the Where is My Mind number is great. I have not been able to evict the family from the lounge yet to try it out on the surrond sound, but it is up there with Queen at Live Aid for the crowd action. I think the whole show is pretty good but then again I like Placebo.

I still think the crowd singing "Where is My Mind" at the Brixton show the other week was better though, I just cannot wait for those June shows they are going to be awesome.
Hatchetman Posted - 03/14/2004 : 15:45:02
quote:
Originally posted by fide69

I would also prefer a full Frank Black DVD !
Frank is singing as well (he's opening the song singing alone) and Brian is taking over after a while and then they are singing together :

Frank :

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind?

Brian :

I was swimming in the Caribbean
Animals were hiding behind the rock
Except for little fish
When they told me east is west trying to talk to me, coy koi
Where is my mind?

Remaining part together (of course with the crowd screaming as well)

And it seems like Frank is having a lot of fun on stage – he’s smiling a lot
And my wife doesn't like Placebo at all but she loves this live version of "Where is my mind?"

I look forward to seeing it

Hatchetman
fide69 Posted - 03/14/2004 : 07:53:30
I would also prefer a full Frank Black DVD !
Frank is singing as well (he's opening the song singing alone) and Brian is taking over after a while and then they are singing together :

Frank :

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind?

Brian :

I was swimming in the Caribbean
Animals were hiding behind the rock
Except for little fish
When they told me east is west trying to talk to me, coy koi
Where is my mind?

Remaining part together (of course with the crowd screaming as well)

And it seems like Frank is having a lot of fun on stage – he’s smiling a lot
And my wife doesn't like Placebo at all but she loves this live version of "Where is my mind?"
Hatchetman Posted - 03/14/2004 : 02:32:41
quote:
Originally posted by fide69

I bought the Placebo live DVD yesterday (Soulmates Never Die – Live in Paris 2003) because of the special guest appearance of Mister Frank Black (Frank Black is playing "Where is my mind?" together with Placebo as final track) – Amazing !

I like Placebo's music, but I just can't get used to Brian Molko's voice...ugh...shudder...
I'd buy the DVD if 'where is my mind' is good from a FB/Pixies fan's point of view. I know you said 'amazing', but that could be simply because it's a rare sight to see FB on film.
So, please tell me, does Brian 'I can't sing for toffee' Molko ruin the song by screeching all over it?, or do we actually get to hear Frank's voice?

Hatchetman
Bluish Black Posted - 03/13/2004 : 06:57:17
I have this DVD on order I did not think it was released until Monday 15th March.

I saw Placebo at Brixton the week before last and they did a really good show. The highlight for me was the closing track which was again "Where is My Mind" with the crowd singing along, there must have been nearly 4000 people bellowing out the song, No Frank unfortunately.

Was the Paris show any good? I recollect a lot of the French Frank Black fans off the forum were not going to go because they disliked Placebo.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000