-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 4/14 Winnipeg Show - Non Ticket Related Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
porkbone1 Posted - 03/09/2004 : 20:23:00
Like a giant mega-corporation that has grown too large, it has been proposed that we break our Winnipeg thread into smaller parts. What began as a speculation thread, morphed into a "what's there to do in Winnipeg" zone for a while, then turned into a full-on ticket trading forum.

Due to the 22-plus pages and hundreds of posts, we are leaving the home planet and colonizing this lonely thread.
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Discoking Posted - 05/28/2021 : 10:26:59
my pleasure

it's educational
Bedbug Posted - 05/27/2021 : 12:58:56
Thanks so much discoking! I really appreciate that! Can’t wait to listen!

Discoking Posted - 05/26/2021 : 09:54:22
"Here We Come" has been ripped and uploaded. See: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?whichpage=4&TOPIC_ID=20131#525912

it's educational
Discoking Posted - 05/25/2021 : 13:09:19
i'm sorry for derailing this thread even further.
both recordings have been located. "here we come" is fine. the other one is too old. cd-r is damaged by age or sunlight or whatever. i cannot properly transfer it to flac/mp3.
funny thing though: even though the other recording has more tracks, it does seem to be missing the holiday song. not sure what happened there.
it's hard to compare them properly, but on first sight, the longer recording, despite being a lot quieter, appears to be the nicer one.

these are the very old txt files that came with both recordings/downloads:
quote:
Liner note reads:
"The Pixies - here we come
was recorded live in New York, United States, on February 5th, 1992. This excellent concert was digitally remastered for maximum pleasure."

CD (MLP bootleg) > .wav > .flac

1. Velvity Instrumental Version
2. Brick is Red
3. Oh My Golly (CORRECTION: Something Against You instrumental)
4. Ana
5. Cicilian (aka: Cecilia Ann)
6. Levitate Me
7. Stormy Weather
8. All Over the World
9. Extinction (aka: Sad Punk)
10.Distance Equals Rate Times Time
11.Sub A Cultcha
12.Here Comes Your Man
13.Dead
14.Manta Ray
15.Head On
16.U-Mass
17.Motorway to Roswell
18.Letter to Memphis
19.About a Millionaire (aka: Palace of the Brine)
20.Planet of Sound
21.Bird Dream of the Olympus Mons
22.Trompe Le Monde
23.Is She Weird
24.Caribou
25.The Holiday Song
26.Weird at my school
27.Nimrod's Son

(Removed minigaps on end of each track with Sony SoundForge)

quote:
The Pixies
February 5, 1992
New York, New York
The Ritz

Recorded by Scott Simpson
Sony WMd6

1st gen tape > egosys wt2496 > Wavelab > CDR > SHN

This show was the original Pixies lineup without any keyboards
Black Francis, Kim Deal, Joey Santiago, David Lovering

Features the "Surf Set" for the first 5 songs, all instrumentals till
Track 6

1. Velvet Instrumental
2. Brick IS Read
3. Something Against You
4. Ana
5. Cecilia Ann
6. Levitate Me
7. Stormy Weather
8. All over the World
9. The Happening
10. Sad Punk
11. Rock Music (Aborted)
12. Cactus
13. DRT
14. Subacultha
15. Here Comes Your Man
16. Dead
17. Manta Ray
18. Head On
19. UMass
20. Motorway to Roswell
21. Letter to Memphis
22. Palace of Brine
23. Planet of Sound
24. Bird Dream of Olympus Mons
25. Trompe Le Monde
26. Is She Weird
27. Caribou
28. Mr.Grieves
29. Weird at my school
30. Nimrods Son
31. Debaser

468 Megabytes

if anyone has any of these lying around, but especially that sony wmd6 source, please share.
i can alway share the bootleg "here we come" source, if nothing better comes up.

it's educational
Discoking Posted - 05/24/2021 : 00:16:40
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

I used to have a cassette bootleg of the only 1.0 show I got to go to, Feb 92 at the Ritz NYC. I hope it ends up on streaming.

i think i have one or maybe two recordings of this, probably on cd-r, buried somewhere in the attic.
if you're interested in these, i can try to locate them, and share them on here?

one is a copy of the "here we come" bootleg: https://www.discogs.com/The-Pixies-Here-We-Come/release/1957147
http://aleceiffel.free.fr/boots.html#here
(no "oh my golly!", by the way. track 3 is "something against you" instrumental.)
the other one should be a more complete recording.

it's educational
Bedbug Posted - 05/22/2021 : 15:01:20
quote:
Originally posted by benji

I gave these two shows a listen yesterday and they're great recordings.
The sound quality is excellent on both.
The Lyon show seems a little more chaotic but some great renditions in there.
Highly recommended for anyone who likes this period of the band - and I do!

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

This made me laugh. Hard to imagine anyone not liking that period of the band.

I can’t wait to listen to these

I used to have a cassette bootleg of the only 1.0 show I got to go to, Feb 92 at the Ritz NYC. I hope it ends up on streaming.
benji Posted - 05/21/2021 : 12:28:25
I gave these two shows a listen yesterday and they're great recordings.
The sound quality is excellent on both.
The Lyon show seems a little more chaotic but some great renditions in there.
Highly recommended for anyone who likes this period of the band - and I do!

benji Posted - 05/18/2021 : 21:51:26
Cool, those ones will be a bit more interesting (to me atleast).

Discoking Posted - 05/16/2021 : 23:39:57
two more recordings have been released: https://twitter.com/PIXIES/status/1393135077245206528

PIXIES
@PIXIES
·
May 14
Salut! Flag of France

Nous avons sorti «Live in Lyon, 1991» et «Live in Bordeaux, 1991» sur des sites de streaming pour votre plaisir d'écoute.

Bonne écoute!
http://pixies.ffm.to/music.otw

Discoking Posted - 05/16/2021 : 23:29:28
looks like they only planned to release 7, not 8: https://twitter.com/PIXIES/status/1382306626154213378

(or maybe at the time of the first article, 31 march, there were still 8 shows planned, but by the time of this tweet, 14 april, it had already been adjusted to 7, for whatever reason.)

PIXIES
@PIXIES
·
Apr 14
Flag of Canada Canada, 2004 - The Reunion Tour

7 Canadian performances from April 2004 are dropping on streaming sites over the next two weeks.

Listen to the first 'Live from Winnipeg, MB' here: http://pixies.ffm.to/music.otw

it's educational
Discoking Posted - 05/03/2021 : 09:05:15
quote:
Originally posted by Srisaket

This show is now on Spotify BTW

it is, indeed.

they were going to release all their april 2004 canadian shows: https://exclaim.ca/music/article/pixies_bring_their_2004_live_albums_to_streaming_services
quote:
Pixies Bring Their 2004 Live Albums to Streaming Services
Including eight Canadian shows from their storied reunion tour

By Alex Hudson
Published Mar 31, 2021

Back when alt-rock pioneers Pixies reunited in 2004, they released each show as a limited-edition live CD. Now, those albums are finally coming to streaming services — including eight live albums recorded in Canada.

These upcoming albums will be released on the anniversary of the shows in question — that is, the Winnipeg show from April 14, 2004, will be released on April 14, 2001, as so on.

In addition to Winnipeg, Canadian albums will include Regina, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and double header from Vancouver.

Pixies have already released a few of their 2004 shows on streaming platforms. Throughout this past fall and winter, they shared four albums from London's Brixton Academy, plus their Coachella appearance and the tour kickoff in Minneapolis, MN.

Below, see the dates for the Canadian releases. This 2004 reunion tour was the first time the band had played together since their split in 1993. It featured the entire original lineup, including Kim Deal, who subsequently left the band in 2013.

Live albums:

04/14 Live from Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg, MB. April 14th, 2004

04/15 Live from Doris Knight Hall, Regina, SK. April 15th, 2004

04/17 Prairieland Park, Saskatoon, SK. April 17th, 2004

04/18 Red's West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton, AB - April 18th, 2004

04/19 MacEwan Hall, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB - April 19th, 2004

04/21 Live from Victoria Curling Club, Victoria, BC - April 21st, 2004

04/22 Live from Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC - April 22nd, 2004

04/23 Live from Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC - April 23rd, 2004

but it looks like all shows became available, except the last one.
i can't find any more info on these, so i have no idea why that is. does anyone have a clue?

it's educational
Srisaket Posted - 04/25/2021 : 19:41:04
This show is now on Spotify BTW
The Calistanian Posted - 04/15/2004 : 13:42:50
quote:
Originally posted by The Realist

Sorry to report this but the show totally blew last night. It is quite obviously that sometime in the next thirty days this Pixies will no longer be a band, again.

Also, Winnipeg is the ugliest city in the world.

Oh "The Realist", I saw you weeping for joy when they took the stage last night. You don't have to keep putting on your front anymore.

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
The Realist Posted - 04/15/2004 : 07:13:20
Sorry to report this but the show totally blew last night. It is quite obviously that sometime in the next thirty days this Pixies will no longer be a band, again.

Also, Winnipeg is the ugliest city in the world.
mzajac Posted - 04/14/2004 : 15:02:06
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

All right, so I might have an extra Winnipeg to give out. I feel weird though, selling the same ticket twice. Hopefully Mike will track me down on Wednesday...

Okay Dave, I finally got back to the forum. I sent you an email, but I guess you'd already left for Winnipeg. If anyone reads this, I'll be looking for Dave at the King's head -- I'll have my black FB & the C's cap. If he doesn't find me before curtain time, give the ticket to some deserving soul since it's paid for.
Daisy Girl Posted - 04/14/2004 : 12:53:39
hi'ya!

Just wanted to say have fun at the show... i wish i could be there with you guys!!!

if you have time, post how everything was (not too detailed) in the After Show Chat... I can't wait to read how everything was!!!
gunner Posted - 04/14/2004 : 04:48:40
Those of you who purchased your cds online, don't forget to take your Disclive proof of purchase receipts with you. Put them in your pocket now!!!

http://ca.geocities.com/kpgordon17/
obijohngordon Posted - 04/14/2004 : 04:24:48
Ham is the confirmed opener.

Only 14 hours to go!!!!!!!

> Check out my show! "Pop Infusion" Tuesdays, 4-5pm CST on 101.5 UMFM, Winnipeg or umfm.com <
JMS Posted - 04/14/2004 : 01:04:50
After all of the heresay on this here "Winnipeg" thread (it will not be the Weakerthans as I just spent the weekend with them in Toronto and they will not even be in town)... does anyone actually know who is opening the Winnipeg show tonight?
roomloo Posted - 04/12/2004 : 21:21:59
Oh sweet, I have three cats now.
roomloo Posted - 04/12/2004 : 21:21:29
All right, so I might have an extra Winnipeg to give out. I feel weird though, selling the same ticket twice. Hopefully Mike will track me down on Wednesday...
jackanapes Posted - 04/12/2004 : 19:33:14
Crazy er
roomloo Posted - 04/12/2004 : 19:30:38
Yeah, but he hasn't posted in two weeks. I've been trying to contact him for about that long.
jackanapes Posted - 04/12/2004 : 19:29:33
Roomloo, my mails waaay down right now so it might be the same case for him however he could still touch you on this forum as I do. ooh ooh ooh.

BTW, my phonecalls haven't been returned by HAM. This is not unusual however.
roomloo Posted - 04/12/2004 : 19:22:00
Anyone here know mzajac personally? I'm having the hardest time getting hold of him ... and the funny thing is, I have a ticket for him that he's already paid for. I'm guessing his e-mail might be out of service, or something...
porkbone1 Posted - 04/12/2004 : 18:26:19
Okay I know we are all getting excited for the Minneapolis show, (those of us attending both shows) let's remember where we go in the morning! I can't wait to get to Winnipeg, it is the second show of the tour, and it is going to be unbelievable. Looks like the official gathering place is going to be KINGS HEAD, so if you haven't signed up on the guest list, please do so! I want to see everybody there!

The joke has come upon me
jackanapes Posted - 04/11/2004 : 09:31:59
You're right. I haven't spoken to the guys since the last gig I saw when they did a draft night reunion at the Albert. This was well before the Pixies reunion was scheduled. I've lost all my contact info for them but if HAM open it's gonna be killer.

Just found my number for Jim. Left a message. Should have confirmation later today.
Qris Posted - 04/11/2004 : 08:58:22
quote:
Originally posted by jackanapes

Ham is one of my good friends' bands. There is no way Paul or Jim could keep this a secret. NO WAY!

I dunno. My sources are pretty good but amount to friend of a friend of the band. If you are friend of the band you outrank me.

They do seem to me to be a pretty good fit... and local.

www.qris.net
hammerhands Posted - 04/11/2004 : 01:01:02
Environment Canada reports, "Wednesday .. A mix of sun and cloud. 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 11. High plus 3." Sorry folks, it was nice last week. In Fahrenheit it's, let's see, double it and add 32, that's 10 and 38, miserable anyways. I was hoping to mention all the cheap golf courses.

I have just a few things to add to my mega-post from the first thread, the potholes are huge and plentiful. Musically, outside of the Pixies' concert, the must see gig to me is the UK Subs on Tuesday at the Royal Albert. Many times they have been booked but I have yet to see them. Seminal blues musician Big Dave McLean plays the Windsor on Wednesday.
obijohngordon Posted - 04/10/2004 : 22:04:53
Thanks Matt.

BTW, I'm still looking for anyone interested in joining me on-air on my radio show this Tuesday in Winnipeg (details below). I'm doing a Pixies Preshow Tribute; we'll spin our favorite tunes and talk 'bout all things Pixie. If you are interested, let me know at: obijohngordon@hotmail.com.

You can check out the details of my show at: http://www.umfm.com/popup_description.shtml?show_id=47

> Check out my show! "Pop Infusion" Tuesdays, 4-5pm CST on 101.5 UMFM, Winnipeg or umfm.com <
mattb Posted - 04/10/2004 : 09:12:31
I've been kind of lazy with the pictures, but I put up Obijohngordon's and his wife's. If anyone else sent me pictures and I haven't put them up send them again and I'll do it.
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/fbnet.html

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
jackanapes Posted - 04/09/2004 : 19:19:42
Ham is one of my good friends' bands. There is no way Paul or Jim could keep this a secret. NO WAY!
chrischob Posted - 04/09/2004 : 17:43:53
It would be cool if 'Inward Eye' were to open for them. They are excellent an I think would fit well with the Pixies.

Chris Choboter
Qris Posted - 04/09/2004 : 14:09:26
oops... forgot the link
http://www.lethbridgeinsider.com/music/music2.php?articleMain=340

www.qris.net
Qris Posted - 04/09/2004 : 14:05:23
This website says a thing or two about the things that are "Ham" and contains a MP3 link. What are these things called M-P-3s? Do you think they will catch on?

www.qris.net

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000