-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 F.B. Song Facts Interview.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pixie punk Posted - 03/30/2015 : 04:37:00
http://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/frank_black/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
darwin Posted - 05/02/2018 : 06:37:52
I watched that X-Files spin-off show and google lead me astray 0.2%
Bedbug Posted - 04/27/2018 : 05:40:09
In defense of media always asking FB about KC:

While I get sick of people always bringing Nirvana up too, at least it serves to remind everyone of how great FB is. It's like a "Your Band's Favorite Band" kind of thing. Probably tons of people came to discover FB through KC.

That would be an interesting if pointless thread: Draw a pie graph that shows the conduits that drive the Pixies fan base. In no particular order:

I like Kurt Cobain 35%
I saw Fight Club 25%
I play Guitar Hero 15%
I love the Breeders 15%
I obey David Bowie 9%
I was there in the 80s 1%

Feel free to add on or make a pie chart
marcusb Posted - 04/02/2015 : 04:42:56
I think Weezer's Velouria is awful. Surprised it's his favorite..

-Marcus
natenate101 Posted - 04/01/2015 : 21:05:10
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Any FB interview is a positive, would just like to read an interview that doesn't feel the need to mention the Cobain quote and ask something new.

Sure, there are several questions that reveal some good info but the rest read like any other interview from the past 10 years or so.

In spite of that, some great answers from FB and agree about quality of SVN FNGRS. Amazes me that it is just him, Jason Carter and Violet credited on the release. Garbage Heap is probably my favourite from SVN FNGRS for its spiky guitar then classic FB melody.

Agree, the Cobain stuff stinks because it takes the place of another question that could've been asked, and yielded a more interesting response.

All the talk of Svn Fngrs had me also revisit it today, and Garbage Heap + When they come to Murder me stick out as the gems for me.
hammerhands Posted - 03/31/2015 : 23:41:55
I like the outro to In the Time of My Ruin.
Stevio10 Posted - 03/31/2015 : 22:45:47
Any FB interview is a positive, would just like to read an interview that doesn't feel the need to mention the Cobain quote and ask something new.

Sure, there are several questions that reveal some good info but the rest read like any other interview from the past 10 years or so.

In spite of that, some great answers from FB and agree about quality of SVN FNGRS. Amazes me that it is just him, Jason Carter and Violet credited on the release. Garbage Heap is probably my favourite from SVN FNGRS for its spiky guitar then classic FB melody.
pixie punk Posted - 03/31/2015 : 18:14:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qax7mtWHk Fetter cover.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
McDutchie Posted - 03/31/2015 : 16:45:06
+1 re Fetter, funny, I was just noticing yesterday how the outro is similar to that of No. 13 Baby.

Any other FB/BF songs with cool outros? I can think of "Fazer Eyes", "In the Time of My Ruin" and of course "Robert Onion".
pixie punk Posted - 03/31/2015 : 16:27:10
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

i think its quite a good small interview. Some interestin points. Defintely the SVN FNGRS one. some of the songs are so good. Half Man and Lonesome Fetter are up there with FB's finest in my opinion. Love those two. The outro on Fetter is almost in the same vein as the outro to No.13 baby. Brilliant.

Agree with that Sam.Fetter is right up there with Czar,Thalassocracy,Massif Centrale etc.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Sam Posted - 03/31/2015 : 04:41:31
i think its quite a good small interview. Some interestin points. Defintely the SVN FNGRS one. some of the songs are so good. Half Man and Lonesome Fetter are up there with FB's finest in my opinion. Love those two. The outro on Fetter is almost in the same vein as the outro to No.13 baby. Brilliant.
pixie punk Posted - 03/31/2015 : 03:26:25
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Why did the interviewer even bother...same questions, same Kurt Cobain quote...what year is it?

Atleast its nice to know FB likes Weezer's version of Velouria and SVN FNGRS is his fave album (from a songwriting perspective).

Thanks for posting though Pixie!

I feel your pain Stevio10.You are welcome.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Stevio10 Posted - 03/30/2015 : 22:28:32
Why did the interviewer even bother...same questions, same Kurt Cobain quote...what year is it?

Atleast its nice to know FB likes Weezer's version of Velouria and SVN FNGRS is his fave album (from a songwriting perspective).

Thanks for posting though Pixie!

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000