-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tabs and Trading
 Tabs & Musician Stuff
 guitar sound from Debaser - How?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mihedas Posted - 05/26/2012 : 07:32:19
Hey!
I'm trying to get a similar sound like the rythm guitar in Debaser!
I have a Vox modelling amp (Vt20+) with a ac30 simulation and an epiphoe les paul with coiltap on the bridge pickup. What im trying to get is the smooth and kinda semi-distorted sound (i don't really know how to call it). The only sound that comes from the amp is either too clean or too distorted. So, do you guys know what the key component of this sound is Or is there any special pedal?

Thanks for your help!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
picpic Posted - 12/25/2013 : 22:44:48
IMO a standard telecaster (with switch in middle position and volume rolled of a little bit) and any overdrive pedal will do the trick.

I use a Line 6 Pod X3 and I use a modified VoxAC30 preset (on the pod) with a high gain, reverb, a little compression. Then I use a Proco Rat pedal before the pod with tone set to 0, volume on 12 oclock and distortion set to 11 o'clock or so. I have a telecaster 52 and it sounds pretty good on a lot of Pixies songs (including debaser).

I think the telecaster is the key thing however. I can "emulate" this sound with my les paul moddified with a push/pull split switch, but it sounds way better and more Pixies-like with a tele.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000