-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 North American Mix Mixer (CLOSED)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 09/15/2004 : 10:03:14
In honour of Benji's CD Swap-o-rama, and because I didn't get in on it in time, I figured I'd start my own. That is, we each take turns burning a mix CD of our favourite stuff (as in Benji's thread, no FB/Pixies/Breeders/Amps/Martinis) and sending it out to the other people on the list. The list is limited to the first 10 to sign up - and all 10 must agree to send out their 10 discs no matter what. If people from across the pond really want to participate, I'm OK with it if others are.

One difference is that instead of all of us sending at once and receiving 10 within the space of a few days, we will randomly choose an order and send out CDs every two weeks. That way, once we get started, you'll get a new mix in your mailbox every two weeks and have some time to digest.

So, to recap/clarify, as was requested: Once we have ten people in, I will put the names in a hat and draw out the order in which the mix CDs are sent. So, say I draw myself first, that means that I will be the first person to mail out a mix CD to every other person on the list.

Then, two weeks later, the next person will send theirs out, and then the next.

The CDs should be of your favourite tracks from your favourite bands, not including FB/Pixies/Breeders/other related bands. They should have as much musical goodness as you can squeeze onto them, from as many or as few artists as you like. They should come with a tracklist and be labelled with your name on them (Floop Presents: The Orange Years). Nothing fancy, sharpe will do fine.

We will start the mailouts Oct 1, and mail a new CD on the 1st and 15th of every month. Again, to EVERY PERSON on the list until we've gone through the list. I'd say keep the tracklists secret until it arrives in the mailbox, that way it's exciting to get the next disc.

That's all...

Shipping Order
1) PsychicTwin (Mailout: Oct 1)
2) Thomas (Oct 7)
3) King Philbert (Oct 14)
4) Cult of Frank (Oct 21)
5) Crispy Water (Nov 1)
6) King of Siam (Nov 7)
7) Ramona (Nov 14)
8) Obfuscate By Will (Nov 21)
9) Floop (Dec 1)
10) Broken Face (Dec 7)
11) Apl4Eris (Dec 14)

Dean's Favourites
Note that my favourites list discludes songs previously known and loved (such as Savoy Truffle by the Beatles)

King Philbert
Eric Bachman - A Diamond Is The Devil's Eye
Rocket From the Crypt - Free Language Demons

Thomas
Joy Division - Exercise One
Stephen Malkmus - Oyster

King of Siam
Beulah- Me & Jesus Don't Talk Anymore
Elliot Smith - Waltz #2 (XO)

Floop
Air - Surfing on a Rocket
Mercury Rev - Opus 40

Dean's Least Favourite

King Philbert
Jonathan Richman - Here Come the Marian Martians
Shel Silverstein - The Smoke Off

Thomas
MSI - Bring the Pain
The Paper Chase - I Did A Terrible Thing

King of Siam
Lovage - Anger Management
TMBG - Thunderbird

Floop
David Bowie - The Laughing Gnome
Nico - These Days

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/12/2024 : 08:06:51
I still have lots of Andrew Bird in my music library plus the playlist (the new mix tape) of Brian's CD...

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
ObfuscateByWill Posted - 07/27/2024 : 20:54:38
These CD swaps have come to mind lately. Truly of a time passed. I hope everyone is doing well.

*Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
Broken Face Posted - 02/28/2005 : 13:04:07
i too promise detailed reviews soon. i'll start with psychic twin's and move forward. in the next few weeks...

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/28/2005 : 12:20:20
I've still got a few discs to spin yet. Jen disc 3 and then Brian or Em's are on the chopping block.

"Join the Cult of Frank / Seriously."
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/28/2005 : 12:18:29
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

I thought you might like Andrew Bird. I recommend you check out "Oh! The Grandeur". There's all sorts of musical types on his early albums, but they all contain great fiddle playing. He was a classical violinist with a pretty remarkable schoolin, but he does the old swingin and gypsy folk styles so well.

I also have a feeling you might like his more recent work too, it's a little more accessible, less of the older music styles. They're a great band live. Feel free to email me if you'd like some more of his stuff.

Lon the Fisherman has wooden legs, but real feet.

I'm going to be getting into some more of this stuff soon as I get my pooter running again. I definitely like that track!

"Join the Cult of Frank / Seriously."
apl4eris Posted - 02/28/2005 : 12:05:59
Thanks Crispy. I do wish my mix had been a little better received, but I know that's the risk we take! :)

I will be slowly adding little bits as I rework my way through all these mixes. It takes a long time for new music to sink in and do construction on the neural highway exits, overpasses and cloverleafs. Obfuscates in particular comes to mind. When I first listened it was hard to get into, even though I like a good number of those bands, I wasn't in the right mood for that type at the time, and well, it was a well-done cohesive selection of very similar style.

Today, I am digging where most of OBW's mix is coming from. I like A Certain Ratio quite a bit now, reminds me of what I loved about Nina Hagen and Blondie. Also, the Neu song is propelling me through a day of painting. Thanks for that. More later.

Psychic Twin, wherever you are, I love the Wipers now. Many thanks to you.

OK, more work to do, but I'll keep giving these (and the others I've not gone into more fully than faves/not faves) a listen and trying to give some real feedback. I have a feeling this will be doing some slow but positive work on my old brain. I really enjoyed this.
Crispy Water Posted - 02/17/2005 : 09:34:38
So that's that. Sorry I took so long feeding some of you back, but I got around to it.

Thanks to everyone for coming through on this, I'm glad I could be involved. Not only did I discover a number of new bands, there were also some musicians my tastebuds had previously cast aside who wound up getting another shot at my ears because of songs you people included on the discs I received. Thanks for keeping me open.

Nothing is ever something.
Crispy Water Posted - 02/17/2005 : 09:06:45
Now that this seems virtually forgotten, I finally have a day off and time to get to a computer, so here are a few of my thoughts on the music apl4eris sent us:

The first disc starts and finishes wonderfully - I can't get enough Evergreen. Ditto for the Birthday Party. I'd never really heard Big Black before, which is strange considering how much I seem to have heard about them, but this song won't make me go buy their stuff. I like all the parts of the Scratch Acid song, but I think they should have been arranged a bit differently. The Cure song sounds like something I want to like, but it takes too long finding its way to nowhere. The Legendary Pink Dots song impressed me very much, as did the Fugazi track. Both bands I've never given much of a chance, though I know I should. The Butthole Surfers song was excellent; the tempo shift and vocals really got me. The Crain song sounded like it had okay words (what I could make out of them), but not a song to get terribly excited about. The Rodan tune had some parts that grabbed me where it counts, and I think it was good on the whole, but it had a few weak moments as well.

On the second disc, that Feetlips song had me absolutely hooked on first listen: wonderful use of the instruments, overwhelmingly catchy, beautifully unpredictable, definitely someone I want to hear more from. I found the Los Straitjackets tune a fun surf bastard. Oh, The Messenger is sweet! Solid performance, memorable solos, particularly from the bass player. The Skip James track must have been good, I only have "sweet tune" written in my notes here. Smart pick for the Tom Waits song. That Seluah song had quite the dreamy tone, but I'm not at all crazy about the singer. That Where or When song isn't bad, but after six seconds the rest of the song is quite predictable, so that's my strike against it. Same almost goes for the one which follows it. I love the vocal melody on El Carretero, very enjoyable song. The last song, the Papa M one, I found pretty annoying, especially the singer's voice.

The final stack of sound was probably the one I like the least. It starts off with Faith No More though, which is always a good thing. They've got a better sense of humour than almost any band I know. The Horny Toad song tickles my ears wonderfully - the music's good and I love hearing two disjoint vocalists playing at one another. I can't stand the Social Distortion song you chose, it's just one I've always hated. The two before it and the three following seemed like good background noise to me, but that's about it. I love Bjork but not Unison, it's just okay. That Song for the New Breed though, absolutely curled my eyelashes! Very striking, quite moving, I really like it. Esperanza didn't excite me at all, nor did the other Rachel's song on there. The Preisner piece was well balanced, I like it. The Laurie Anderson track was interesting, but I'm not sure I would listen to a whole album like that. The Aphex Twin cut seemed like something to put on while trying to have a conversation. I was bugged by the voice of the guy in Shipping News, I'm glad the second track is an instrumental. Awesome Tom Waits tune!

I know I didn't hit every song, and most of the ones I did only earned a couple words, but there was a lot to listen to and it's still not fully digested.

floop Posted - 02/16/2005 : 22:41:21
hey psyhic, i just got your cd returned to me in the mail today. which is kind of funny since i sent it about 3 months ago.

send me your address and i'll forward it on

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
apl4eris Posted - 01/27/2005 : 14:57:52
I thought you might like Andrew Bird. I recommend you check out "Oh! The Grandeur". There's all sorts of musical types on his early albums, but they all contain great fiddle playing. He was a classical violinist with a pretty remarkable schoolin, but he does the old swingin and gypsy folk styles so well.

I also have a feeling you might like his more recent work too, it's a little more accessible, less of the older music styles. They're a great band live. Feel free to email me if you'd like some more of his stuff.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/27/2005 : 14:53:21
Disc 2 is much more fun, Jen. A soundtrack master's dream. Some of these just provoke such vivid imagery. The second track (Feetlips) was an instant hit with me. I like that this is stuff I can appreciate but would never have picked out to listen to on my own, it's sort of forcing me to challenge my musical boundaries, which is very cool and something I didn't really expect out of this (I was hoping to be introduced to new music not new kinds of music). My jazz background is minimal at best.

As for the other disc, I just never knew you had such a dark side! I almost slit my fingernails listening to some of that first disc. Though, to be fair, they are getting long.

apl4eris Posted - 01/27/2005 : 14:46:34
That's ok, Dean. <sobs uncontrollably in a dark corner> I had a feeling that might be the least liked, judging from everyone's mixes, it was definitely the darkest, hardest, and moodiest. I had a hard time with a lot of the poppier songs in the mixes, so I understand. I do hope the other two are easier on the ears. :)

You just don't know how lucky you are! It started out even darker, but I toned it down.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/27/2005 : 12:40:09
I just got through Apl's first CD. It is not at all what I expected from Jen, very dark and moody. Some of the tracks are okay, but I've gotta be honest, I mostly disliked this disc. I thought it was really well put together thematically and the flow in some parts is exceptional (track 4-5 for example), but I didn't like a lot of the music.

I'm going to abbreviate my reviews for Jen's since there are three discs, but here we go. One common thread through a lot of this music, including the stuff I didn't like, was that they all had pretty interesting drum tracks. I especially enjoyed the drums on Owen's Lament and didn't even mind that song much. I liked A Forest, which felt like it'd be at home on a cheesy 80's movie but not necessarily a BAD cheesy 80s movie. If that makes sense. I really liked Dissonance, particularly the last half, and that one probably rivals A Light So Dim as my favourites on the CD. "Hey" by The Butthole Surfers was a song I didn't like at first but started to like more and more as I went through the disc. I think they recorded (at least once) with the same guy we'll be in the studio with. Now for the bad news. I REALLY disliked Junkyard, and didn't like Fairlane and the Everyday World of Bodies, nor Coyote. I was sort of impartial to F vs P 2, Stabilizer, Haus der Luege, In The Flat Field, and The Power of Independant Trucking.

I'm looking forward to the adventures of disc 2. By the way, everyone, feel free to discuss/disagree with me, let's get talking about these tracks.

floop Posted - 01/25/2005 : 21:52:21
thanks dean. really appreciate it .

i'll get off my ass here and do some more in-depth feedback on your guyzez

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/25/2005 : 14:25:31
Floop's Mix Review

The disc is off to a good start with some Brian Eno (a good track, love the vocals and guitar), but then goes into that dreadful "Teenage Kicks" song. Sure, Mr. Peel loves it, but I can NOT stand the vocals. The next track, 7 & 7 is, gets a little better, a cool song though I'd say that it might have been better as an instrumental. But, if faith was wavering, that is renewed by the barrage of songs that follow. Dog Got A Bone, which I'm sure I've heard before, Everyday, which reminds me of something, a really nice acoustic track, my introduction to Beulah, which, though I didn't like the particular lyrics, I really enjoyed it on a musical scale and have since been checking out many other tracks, and a good little Belle & Sebastian track that I'd not heard before.

Summer Here Kids kicks off the second half nicely, it has a little bit of a Pixies feel in the intro, which I freaking love by the way, and then goes in a totally different direction. One of my favourite tracks, it might've made a better side A opener. Followed immediately by Air, Surfing On A Rocket, a song I might've chosen to close the disc. This is another band that I've decided to investigate as a result of this mix. Thank you! I get this song in my head for days at a time. The French song is quirky, but not my cup of tea. That's OK, though, any mix with Minas De Cobres is okay with me. It might even make up for the next OS Mutantes song, which is rather uninteresting and never caught my attention aside from the introduction.

The mix sort of slows down around these tracks. I love the organs on Johnny Too Bad, but it should be a little shorter since it's sort of a one trick pony for me. Timorous Me, It's All Over Now, and The Laughing Gnome (good music, too bad about the Chipmunks cameo) are pretty weak. Of course, I could never speak evil of the Jackson 5. They have powers. Ace of Spades is a fun track, reminds me of that Ween pseudo-parody, Stroker Ace. We get to the Ramones and one of my favourite Beatles' tracks, which were maybe a little too obvious to include on a mix like this, but I won't complain. Nico's These Days is a great choice to follow a Beatles' track. Musically. The vocals need to be redone. By someone else. The mix ends with Opus 40 which is also one of my favourite tracks and then a loose little Bob Dylan cover.

Not the way I would've ended it, or the order I'd have chosen, but so far one of my favourite mixes. I have and will be checking out several bands from it. Thanks Floop.

KimStanleyRobinson Posted - 01/25/2005 : 13:33:07
Oh ok.

I remember when that ramped up...and taking helpdesk calls from new PC users on it.
"Whatsis cee dee dee bee shit? I din ask fer nunna dat crap!"
Good times, good times.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/25/2005 : 13:16:22
CDDB... it's a database of CDs (which isn't really intended for personal mixes) so when you pop a CD into your computer, the associated album info w/tracklists etc comes up.

KimStanleyRobinson Posted - 01/25/2005 : 13:06:11
quote:
Originally posted by floop

i tried to submit my tracklist to the internet database. could someone put mine in and tell me if it worked. i'm just curious

can someone elucidate here?

What do you mean "the internet database"?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/25/2005 : 12:54:44
Yup, it worked in WinAmp (which uses CDDB). WiMP doesn't though, but that's 'cause they use a commerical db.

Crispy Water Posted - 01/25/2005 : 12:44:05
I got yours about a week ago apl, and I'm just about ready to throw some words at it. No time right now - what I can tell you for the is that it's excellent and I'll have a hell of a time picking two favourite songs from it. I didn't want to put up favourites until I had a chance to digest everything, but now that I'm in that boat I'll post 'em all within a week.

Broken Face Posted - 01/24/2005 : 16:18:24
it worked from your int'l mix tony

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

floop Posted - 01/24/2005 : 16:17:35
welcome to no-feedback-on-your-mix-land

it's a lonely place, isn't it?

just kiddin' (sort of). .

so far i've only listened to your first disc apple, which i will say blanketly i liked. i'll get more detailed one of these days.

i tried to submit my tracklist to the internet database. could someone put mine in and tell me if it worked. i'm just curious

Broken Face Posted - 01/24/2005 : 16:16:07
i'm planning on starting the "reviews" tomorrow from work - so hopefully some discussion will flow from there

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/24/2005 : 16:13:41
I've got it, haven't really had a chance to listen as I've been busy as a bee at work and at home, but I will I promise and I will get back to you, update my favourites, and write little reviews of each mix.

apl4eris Posted - 01/24/2005 : 15:38:12
Yeah what's up with that?

I did my faves etc a while back. I haven't completed my detailed responses because it doesn't seem like anybody's been around (except for a few people) for a long time. It's so lonely in here!

ObfuscateByWill Posted - 01/24/2005 : 15:32:48
Well, you know I've received it.

-

I think mine has gotten one mention so far.

Poo.

Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
apl4eris Posted - 01/24/2005 : 15:31:16
Gee it would be kinda cool to know if people at least got the mix or not. =P

apl4eris Posted - 01/16/2005 : 16:52:41
Hey that's cool, glad you enjoyed it OBW.

Also good to know there's yet another Laurie fan around here. Have you gotten to see her live?

ObfuscateByWill Posted - 01/15/2005 : 14:35:22
I haven't made it to the third disc, yet.

I completely overlooked the Laurie Anderson track.

-

"From the Air" was someplace in the middle of my mix. Somehow I swapped it out. Wished I'd kept that track on.

-

Really enjoyed the first disc. I knew all but the Evergreen tracks. Turned out fairly pleasant.

Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
apl4eris Posted - 01/15/2005 : 09:49:09
Very glad you like 2 of the discs, Brian.

Ok, I'm going to start putting up a tracklisting if that's cool (if not I can take it down for a while longer). I can add more info about bands (links, tours, etc) if anyone is interested. Wherever I could find or remembered to look for free mp3 downloads, that's the link I gave.

(1) Saturday Night
Fairlane - Evergreen
Junkyard - The Birthday Party
The Power Of Independent Trucking - Big Black
Owner's Lament - Scratch Acid
In The Flat Field - Bauhaus
A Forest - The Cure
Good Morning, Captain - Slint (reunited for one time, curating ATP, tix for UK and US on sale now)
Dissonance - The Legendary Pink Dots (holy crap! They're touring Europe now! Glad I checked)
Haus der Luege - Einsteurzende Neubauten
A Light So Dim - The Black Heart Procession
Floating Boy - Fugazi
Hey - Butthole Surfers (on hiatus, meanwhile, Gibby Haynes (and His Problem) made a very nice little record
Stabilizer - Crain (about to rerelease 'Speed' LP on Temporary Residence, Ltd. in April 2005)
The Everyday World Of Bodies - Rodan (a related band that didn't make the cut for lack of time here: June of 44
Futurism Vs. Pass�ism, Part 2 - Blonde Redhead
Coyote - Evergreen (free mp3 at this link)

(2) Saturday Night into Sunday Morning
Old Time Shimmy - John Lee Hooker
Feetlips - Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire
Good Queen Bess - Johnny Hodges
Sing Sing Sing - Los Straitjackets
The Messenger - Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble
(saw these guys live at the Green Mill in Chicago, right after a Devo concert across the street, and we couldn't believe anything could top the Devo show - if you ever have a chance to see them live, you won't regret it!)
St. James Infirmary - Louis Armstrong And His Allstars
Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues - Skip James
Goin Down South - R.L. Burnside
Rollin And Tumblin Pt1 - Muddy Waters
Walking Spanish - Tom Waits
Signals You Still Know When To Send - Seluah (new album in works for 2005 release, tour to begin late Spring)
Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Where or When - Benny Goodman & Peggy Lee
In Dreams - Roy Orbison
Sh-Boom - The Chords
El Carretero - Buena Vista Social Club
Hot Rail - Calexico
Fearless - Pink Floyd
Long May You Burn - Papa M

(3) Sunday Afternoon
Easy - Faith No More
Horny Toad W/ Delphine - King Kong
Always Farewell - Aerial M
Heartbreakin Man - My Morning Jacket
Winners And Losers - Social Distortion
Kid for Today - Boards of Canada
The Weeds that Grew into Trees - Parlour
Ti Bom - Plaid
Unison - Bjork
Song for the New Breed - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy
Esperanza - Rachel's
Do Not Take Another Man's Wife II - Z. Preisner/Elzbieta Towarnicka
Invention No. 13 in A minor (JS Bach) - Glenn Gould
White Lily - Laurie Anderson (not really fair to ask anybody to approach her from the music angle -if you can see some of her performances, especially live, that's the best way -but I thought a short spoken peice might capture her a little bit. In 2004 she was NASA's first, and apparently last (heheh), artist-in-residence. I wanted to put O Superman (for Massenet) on here, but it was very long. I can get that song to you if you are curious.)
Rhubarb - Aphex Twin
The Architect In Hell - Shipping News (new album will be released on March 22nd 2005. shows in the States in early Spring. Europe to follow.)
Wax Museum - Shipping News (more info)
How's It Gonna End - Tom Waits
Last Things Last - Rachel's

...I'll add more links later. Sorry for all the edits, trying to fix weird characters cause the fonts are going crazy for some reason.

edit: added more links.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/14/2005 : 09:59:15
It's been difficult in the extreme to find, I've gotten nowhere, but still looking. I didn't really like the Popular Mechanics for Lovers song (didn't realize it was them 'till I searched), but definitely love Me & Jesus. I've seen Yoko but again, no luck with the d/l.

Listening to your mix again today since I either: a) Left Jen's mix at the dealership. b) Forgot it in my car. c) At home. I think you might like some of the Neins' stuff, they're from Vancouver and were on tour with AC Newman. This site's out of date and they have better tracks, but here's a taste at any rate: http://www.newmusiccanada.ca/genres/artist.cfm?Band_Id=10651

If you can find "I'm Happy" from them, it's the one that makes me think you'll dig them.

KingOfSiam Posted - 01/14/2005 : 09:51:05
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I'm going to be checking out the Beulah for sure, thanks Floop. Trying to download/sample some more before I buy it, but I have a good feeling.

I got Jen's today, very excited to play it tomorrow at work.

Make sure to pick up "Yoko" also!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 01/13/2005 : 16:19:49
I'm going to be checking out the Beulah for sure, thanks Floop. Trying to download/sample some more before I buy it, but I have a good feeling.

I got Jen's today, very excited to play it tomorrow at work.

Broken Face Posted - 01/12/2005 : 18:27:14
jen, i bow before your mix. disc 1 is taking me the longest to get into, but discs 2 and 3 have me in their pocket. hot damn i'm digging these discs. and by the way: where have blonde redhead been all my life? when i was at college radio we'd get a lot of their promos and cds and all that but for some reason i had convinced myself i didn't like them without hearing a note. why do i do that? maybe i should ask floop...

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

floop Posted - 01/10/2005 : 15:24:04
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Beulah I'd never heard of but I think someone else (Floop?) put a track of their on a CD which I also liked,

dean (and or anyone), you should get this album. one of the most underrated bands of recent memory. and now they are a memory, sadly.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005O6D4/qid=1105399298/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/104-6662687-2955122

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000