-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Big Brother: Love or Loathe

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 05/27/2004 : 14:51:08
Its that time of year again, kids!
Oh yes, Big Brother's back on the screens, once more posing as a serious psychological study, while actually being a gigantic, Heat-generation fishbowl for the twin purposes of self-gratification and minor celebratizing (made-up word alert).

Or is it?

You, the people, decide.

Big Brother:
a) the source of all thats evil about television in the times in which we sojourn.
b) an entertainment show like no other.

"Everywhere I go I want to travel by Maglev"
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PixieSteve Posted - 06/08/2004 : 16:50:32
it rocks.
n/a Posted - 06/08/2004 : 15:33:19
Are you sure because the sarcastometer made a definate fizzing noise. Voyeurism is all good and well. There is nothing better than sitting in a crowded city centre on a saturday with a generic overcooked coffee and watching all the interesting people. I like big brother because I can do it from the comfort of my home in my jim jams. Drinking proper coffee.

tre-who-kills-threads
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 06/08/2004 : 15:28:06
No I wasn't being saracstic. For once. I think you are probably right.

Pixies!?!? Pixies!?!? Don't talk to me about the Pixies!!!.........OK, talk to me about the Pixies!!!
n/a Posted - 06/08/2004 : 15:22:27
sarcastometer going haywire

tre-who-kills-threads
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 06/08/2004 : 15:21:15
That'll be it then.

Pixies!?!? Pixies!?!? Don't talk to me about the Pixies!!!.........OK, talk to me about the Pixies!!!
n/a Posted - 06/08/2004 : 15:12:37
that'll be the voyeurist in you. Everyones got one, I'm thinking of naming mine

tre-who-kills-threads
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 06/08/2004 : 15:10:47
There's something about it isn't there?

I'm supposed to dislike T.V too. Why this trash?

n/a Posted - 06/08/2004 : 15:07:52
It's one big horrible road crash waiting to happen and you can't-take-your-eyes-away. I hate them all and love that they got a bunch of antagonistic self involved clashing "psuedo-alpha" personalities and locked them in the house of fun together!

This year I think big brother got it right, although I'll be damned if I can pick a fave. just relieved I can't afford digital this year so can't sit up till 3am watching the screen just in case

yes really am that tragic

tre-who-kills-threads
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 06/08/2004 : 14:47:32
This one is shaping up nicely. A few really annoying people, especially Victor. Does he think he is 50 Pence?

It's a lot more passionate all round than the previous ones too. Well I'm enjoying it anyway. Don't know why, just am.

ShakeyShake Posted - 05/28/2004 : 11:02:10
I got into the 1st ever one,but none of the others really tickled my fancy

"I joined the Cult of this guy / 'cause they took my other picture away
bumblebeeboy2 Posted - 05/28/2004 : 04:27:40
it's a big pile of crap! and the tabloids and channel 4 will be full of it for the next how ever many weeks it last for, does my head in!

a) the source of all thats evil about television in the times in which we sojourn.

I am my only god, ha ha ha ha ha ha
PixieSteve Posted - 05/28/2004 : 04:24:40
omg i can't wait!

my sister is bringing crisps and dips and nuts and popcorn and drinks etc. back home on her way from work today, so we can enjoy a great friday night watching the last episode of friends and the first big brother.

not even joking.
bedrock_barney Posted - 05/28/2004 : 01:49:12
It's crap.

"I've rejoined the Cult of Ming / Star of favourite childhood movie of 1980"
WolfManMikeLonely Posted - 05/27/2004 : 17:46:24
I liked Last Comic Standing.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders

www.transposed.net
ramona Posted - 05/27/2004 : 17:09:31
quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman1000

Much as I spout off, chances are I'll end up watching some as well.
I think you were just confusing 'letting them be' with 'letting them be boring', Em. You should go outside more.

Well, I didn't say I liked it! What I really like is The Amazing Race. Now THAT is a "good" reality show.

BLT Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:58:26
I boycott all "reality" shows.
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:53:04
Watching this show, I'm reminded why I don't drink to excess. Uugh.

VoVat Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:46:16
I haven't seen much of Big Brother, but I get the idea that nothing much happens on the show.

Never seen Survivor at all, but I get the idea that it's a little more interesting.

I do like American Idol, but I don't think it's really fair to throw talent competitions into the same mess as the shows where people sit around, argue, and eat bugs. I think the only real factor that all "reality TV" shows have in common is that they're cheap to produce. They also all have nobodies hoping to be famous, but does anyone think most of the people from those shows are going to have more than the typical fifteen minutes of fame?

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
ObfuscateByWill Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:34:45
I've never seen it.

-

I watched this season's American Idol religiously, though.

Fantasia won. I was rooting for John Stevens.

*Shka-pow!
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:25:18
There's a 'warm up' TV show on now... Blimey, do these people have an over inflated view of their own importance. I have so little respect for people who will sell out their own integrity like that.

shineoftheever Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:15:21
I love the US version, better than Survivor IMO.

Do dyslexic-insomniac-agnostics stay up all night wondering if there really is a dog?
misleadtheworld Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:15:19
More Patrick Moore. You can never have enough Patrick Moore.

I wanna go to the moon. I wanna do this duet with Morrissey.....
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:11:39
What? You don't like 'Everybody Loves Raymond', 8am each day? What more could you possibly want/

Cheeseman1000 Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:09:32
Much as I spout off, chances are I'll end up watching some as well.
I think you were just confusing 'letting them be' with 'letting them be boring', Em. You should go outside more.

I'm making strides towards getting a life. I should be able to judge my success rate by the amount of BB I watch.

misleadtheworld Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:08:38
Cheeseman! I come here to get away from that rubbish I'm pummelled by whenever I dare turn on my television. But I'll forgive you, this time!

Big Brother. I believe someone once said here, about it creating 'disposable celebrities'. I guess that sums it up (or sums up the 6 month aftermath, at least).

It's one of the few things I dislike about Channel 4. I also don't like their morning schedules, and I don't like that Irish guy called Colin who does 4music.

I wanna go to the moon. I wanna do this duet with Morrissey.....
ramona Posted - 05/27/2004 : 15:02:37
We have an American version of this show too, and I have happened to have seen both versions. America's is more annoying (shocking!) while I think the UK version lets the contestants BE a little more.

Anyway, it is starting up again here soon too. I will probably watch. The thing about summer is that not a lot of new shows are on. Of course, I could just go outside. But THAT would be shocking.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000