-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Worst Job Ever

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SpudBoy Posted - 04/09/2004 : 18:24:09
Ok, so this is stealing a bit from slashdot.org, but they limited it to programming jobs. I want to know your horror story.

Mine is a toss-up. Both were short-lived, but on opposite ends of the spectrum. The first was a job delivering medical supplies to home-bound invalid patients for two superchristians (or so they claimed, see below) running a home business who never actually paid me. Fuckers. The patients were usually criminally insane and refused to sign for anything, and insulted me for bringing them their diapers and catheters. Gave me a healthy respect for my elders, that did.

The other had me filling in for the security guy in the basement of a medical college library building. One person a week came down there, and there was a camera trained on - not the door - me. I could not leave unless someone came from another building to stand in for a moment. The guy also refused to leave the password for the computer and I wasn't allowed to read, much less doze off. So basically just sit in a marble box forever, freeze to death, and try to get someone on the phone so you don't pee in the wastebasket.

35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
floop Posted - 06/10/2004 : 08:53:50
i've had just about every shit job you can name.

at the top of the list, i was a carpet cleaner for a while.
ramona Posted - 06/10/2004 : 06:14:31
quote:
Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

quote:
Originally posted by ramona

quote:

I think I should ask Dave for a title. Something like "French Psycho" would be appropriated! Or "Something against you".

That's clever.

I'm just a shot away from you...

Hey, I'm being attacked simultaneously by Ramona and Carolynanna. I don't think this is a concidence, they must have planned it long time ago. On the secret forum.

And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Um, Adnan, I was being serious. I can't win!

klikger Posted - 06/10/2004 : 00:42:15
That joke and its author are both really funny. :)
cvanepps Posted - 06/09/2004 : 21:20:24
Getting back to the topic at hand...

The worst job ever would have to be Assistant Crack Whore.

Apologies to to Norm MacDonald, the owner of that joke.

-= It's not easy to kidnap a fat man =-
http://www.cvanepps.com
VoVat Posted - 06/09/2004 : 17:17:03
quote:
Hey, I'm being attacked simultaneously by Ramona and Carolynanna. I don't think this is a concidence, they must have planned it long time ago. On the secret forum.

I think all the female members have a secret conspiracy. "GoddessTheory" was probably the Swimmer's attempt to infiltrate this conspiracy.

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
klikger Posted - 06/09/2004 : 01:28:21
I live in a city in the midwest USA surrounded by lots of cornfields, and when I was 14 I decided to detassle corn for the summer. Basically farmers hire junior high kids to come into their fields at dawn to pull parts off of the top of cornstalks; it has something to do with pollination. Anyway, 8 hours, 3 nasty corn spiders, infinite other corn-loving insects, and 1 mud-covered body later, I decided to part ways with my first employer.
IceCream Posted - 06/08/2004 : 22:07:26
One career that I would not like to have at all is that of a matador.
n/a Posted - 06/08/2004 : 16:47:49
I have an undercover job I'm employed by the authorities to come into popular potentially subversive forums and kill all threads with my overpowering power of banality.

Hey... It's a gift!

tre-who-kills-threads
Carolynanna Posted - 06/08/2004 : 14:31:24
You're funny Adnan.
Adnan_le_Terrible Posted - 06/08/2004 : 14:16:50
Yes you are!

And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
Carolynanna Posted - 06/08/2004 : 14:15:08
quote:

quote:

quote:

I think I should ask Dave for a title. Something like "French Psycho" would be appropriated! Or "Something against you".

That's clever.

oh, are we being aggressive?
shineoftheever Posted - 06/08/2004 : 14:04:57
quote:
....... the date on HPM's post in our way, that is dd/mm (that is how the whole world should do it, cause dd/mm/aa just makes sense......

I agree, or at least there should be a standard. Whenever I write down dates I don't put a zero before the "months", for example:

jan 1 = 1/01/99
mar 23 = 3/23/67
dec 13 = 12/13/80
apr 15 = 15/4/56 (this would be correct, but i usually do it the other way)

I guess it's commonly accepted years come last?

"Signatures are for sissies"
Adnan_le_Terrible Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:30:39
quote:

quote:

That's clever.

Adnan_le_Terrible Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:28:00
quote:
Originally posted by shineoftheever

quote:

Thx for putting this thread back, HPM, .....

What, am I chopped liver?

Sorry. What happened is that I read the date on HPM's post in our way, that is dd/mm (that is how the whole world should do it, cause dd/mm/aa just makes sense!), and thought HPM did this.

apl4eris Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:20:41
quote:

Sounds like Morissey translated in French...

heheh - it's from "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads.

If the only tool you have is an elbow macaroni,
all your problems look like Schroedinger's cat.
ramona Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:15:41
quote:

That's clever.

shineoftheever Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:14:58
quote:

Thx for putting this thread back, HPM, .....

What, am I chopped liver?

Adnan_le_Terrible Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:12:09
Sounds like Morissey translated in French...

apl4eris Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:10:11
Ce que j'ai fait ce soir la-Ce qu'elle a dit ce soir la Realisant mon espoir,
Je me lance vers la gloire...

Adnan_le_Terrible Posted - 06/08/2004 : 13:06:55

Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 06/08/2004 : 12:53:26
Yeah or let poor people use Monopoly money!

I'll use Game Of Life money!

Pixies!?!? Pixies!?!? Don't talk to me about the Pixies!!!.........OK, talk to me about the Pixies!!!
Carolynanna Posted - 06/08/2004 : 12:35:19
Now that definitely was aggressive Adnan.
Adnan_le_Terrible Posted - 06/08/2004 : 12:27:43
They should print more money! Assholes!

Carolynanna Posted - 06/08/2004 : 12:16:53
You know, you all could be the poor people who clean porta-potties.
Not enough money in the world I tell you!

Worst job ever;
working with my dad.
Enough said.
ramona Posted - 06/08/2004 : 12:06:02
quote:

Oh, and I also had to test each crank for hardness.

Dirty!

ramona Posted - 06/08/2004 : 12:04:48
I worked at a dish store. I stacked and cleaned plates all day and the manager there was a horrible mean cunt whore bitch.

I think retail is pretty much hell no matter where you are.

Adnan_le_Terrible Posted - 06/08/2004 : 11:16:06
Thx for putting this thread back, HPM, I liked it.

So, let me see, my worst job ever was teaching maths to a hyperactive kid. He was very calm for a week, because he didn't know me, and then he started. It was impossible, once he even threw the books through the window. He also used to climb on my shoulders while I was explaining something. His parents were working all the time and didn't seem to care very much, so I guess that was his way of drawing attention. I wanted to kill him more than once.

Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 06/08/2004 : 11:03:02
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

sponsorize

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking

What a brilliant new word!

The worst job I had was when I was fluffer on the 'Animal Farm' set. It paid really bad and the farm smelt of shit.

Pixies!?!? Pixies!?!? Don't talk to me about the Pixies!!!.........OK, talk to me about the Pixies!!!
mun chien andalusia Posted - 06/07/2004 : 18:24:27
When i was fresh in Italy i got stuck with the idea of buying a scooter. My parents were absolutely contrary to the idea of me going on 2 wheels and they refused to sponsorize me. So i had the brilliant idea to buy it and pay it off by working at a pizza delivery. It was HELL. It rains pretty much all the time around here and i had to deliver soup-pizzas to pissed off people, i got me a polmonite, i saw a girl that worked with me end under a city bus (she got away with it pretty well fortunately) and i was paid 5 euros an hour. It would take me centuries to pay off the damn thing so i got my girlfriend at the time to pay the rest and i gave her money back only when we broke up. I suck. And i hate working. All my respect goes to people who do shitty jobs they hate, for living. I (almost) feel your pain.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
therewererumours Posted - 06/07/2004 : 17:48:43
quote:
The patients were usually criminally insane and refused to sign for anything, and insulted me for bringing them their diapers and catheters. Gave me a healthy respect for my elders, that did.

Ha ha, I feel for you, I work for an agency in hospitals, lookinig after (specialing) people the hospital staff can't cope with. It's a well paid job and can be very satisfing, but very hard on the nerves ( think more bodly fluids, violence and abuse). I also worked packing selves in a supermarket as a teenager, the most mind numding work ever, as well as an usher in a cinema, which had people leaving condoms and nappies(diapers) in the cinema and taking drugs in the toliet. I try to work freelance as a graphic designer and illustrator (which I spent 4 years doing a degree for, and is actually on the up), but it dosnt pay as well as my attendant work.

He's coming to save your mind and town
shineoftheever Posted - 06/07/2004 : 17:26:10
Oh, and I also had to test each crank for hardness.

SpudBoy Posted - 06/07/2004 : 17:20:04
quote:

I sat at a buffing machine smoothing out these cranks for 8 hours a day, it was horrible.

Man how can you say this without expecting someone to make an adolescent joke? I mean really. Smoothing the crank. 8 hours huh? ouch.

*festoon*
apl4eris Posted - 06/07/2004 : 17:15:21
Switzerland.

DMZ.

Shoe-shine??

My worst jobs were consistently in food service. Waitress and hostess. People can be such whiney selfish bastards when they walk into a restaurant. One manager was an insane coke-head that threw a broom at us if there was "dust" [ahem!] on the wall (well, to be fair, it was probably really because he hadn't gotten a fix in a while).

OK, actually, the worst job ever was stocking shelves 3rd shift (usually overtime for 11 to 12 hours a night) at a grocery. I took Minithins (the old trucker's speed) all night long and drank Mountain Dew to stay awake and work faster - lost a lot of weight, to the point of getting ill. I quit my job when I started getting violent muscle spasms and couldn't sleep. I think I'm still experiencing sleeping problems because of that job, and that was in 1996.

shineoftheever Posted - 06/07/2004 : 17:08:33
Worse, I worked at bicycle component company, if you are into mountain-biking you can probably guess, they made ultra expensive cranks and crank-sets, the company they hired to machine the cranks did a crap job so I sat at a buffing machine smoothing out these cranks for 8 hours a day, it was horrible. I heard the guy who took my position after I didn't come in one day, threw himself off the loading dock and spent some time in a psychiatric unit. It was bad.

SpudBoy Posted - 06/07/2004 : 17:03:38
Cars? Dishes? Red light district?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000