-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 Soccer: Rhain Davis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Little Black Francis Posted - 08/02/2007 : 11:44:04
http://shakedownsports.com/2007/08/02/manchester-united-goes-cradle-robbing/

9 year old signs contract with Manchester United.

There's a lot of conflict in the US about kids turning pro too early. The major sports have rules requiring a year or two of college before you can turn pro. This puts all that fuss to shame.

That kid could kick your ass at soccer.

fuck this
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 08/04/2007 : 12:08:54
He's good.

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 08/04/2007 : 03:29:38
Have you guys actually seen Freddie Adu? He's never 18, he's at least in his 40's..

Seriously though, I was surprised to see him only sign for Benfica in the end, but then when I thought about it......which major European club has a link-up with Benfica?

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
fbc Posted - 08/03/2007 : 01:15:24
That's the first thing I noted, Stu, he needs to pass a bit more. But he's a child, he's having fun. Regarding contracts, they get offered scholarships at the age of 12.

One thing I thought was a bit daft, the kids are playing with full size goals.
pixiestu Posted - 08/02/2007 : 14:23:20
Impressive, but he doesn't like to pass much does he? If he gets that sorted he could be a decent player in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by Llamadance

the kid looked good on the video. I don't know if this is any different from other kids who play for Man Utd under 10's....do they not sign contracts?

I think one of the reasons it's different is because it was his grandad who'd sent a DVD in to Man Utd. Most kids are scouted by the clubs and followed for a few years.

I'd send a DVD of myself playing football to clubs, but it would probably just end up on 'You've Been Framed'.

"The arc of triumph"
darwin Posted - 08/02/2007 : 13:29:51
Those kids need to learn how to foul.

Freddy Adu is 18. So, it's stretching the limits of human physiology to think he could have a 9 year old kid.

Freddy Adu is now playing for Benfica in Portugal. He had a good U20 World Cup as did the US team.
Llamadance Posted - 08/02/2007 : 13:19:50
the kid looked good on the video. I don't know if this is any different from other kids who play for Man Utd under 10's....do they not sign contracts?

Liked the Adu comment, has he signed for anyone yet?

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God George Bush snr

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000