-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tabs and Trading
 Trading
 Pixies - Brixton Academy 1991 Pro Shot DVD torrent

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
benji Posted - 07/17/2006 : 01:38:04
Hi,

I've uploaded the Pixies - Brixton Academy 1991 Pro Shot DVD at purelivegigs.com

it's a goddan

http://www.purelivegigs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32252

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Levitated Posted - 08/06/2007 : 17:00:29
Yup here we use NTSC but you can find dvd players and tv sets that also allow PAL format. I totally agree with you about the generation of the vhs, your copy is much more clear/better quality, but there's something odd in the picture movement. I would really like to see more comments on this issue. Thanks for the reply benji! =)

my name is bartholomew and i'm different

Out of topic edit: why does my signature (which is above this paragraph) not have that long division line between the comment and the signature?
benji Posted - 08/02/2007 : 13:43:29
well i haven't looked at the NTSC version in ages but when i first downloaded it to check whether it was worth uploading the PAL version i thought the exact opposite.
i thought that not only was it more generated so the picture was worse, but on my dvd player at least, the picture movement was scratchier and jerkier.
all a bit weird ain't it....

Chile is a NTSC country right?
Cause NZ is a PAL country maybe our dvd players bought in our own country still treat them better.

but i suppose thats lucky we've got 2 versions circulating so you can take a pick as to which you can watch...

Levitated Posted - 08/02/2007 : 05:18:16
BUMP!

my name is bartholomew and i'm different
Levitated Posted - 07/29/2007 : 20:23:14
Ok it's been a while...

I was comparing the two versions (PAL v/s NTSC) the other day and I came to some conclussions.

Benji's video (PAL version) is less generated than the NTSC version which means a clearer image but there's something wrong in the movement of pictures, it's hard to explain, the movements looks "unnatural" maybe there was something wrong in the transfer.

NTSC version is a more generated tape, which means worse quality, but there's something different-better in the "movement of pictures", it looks more "natural" maybe this has to do with the video britate. I'm sorry I'm not an expert, it's really hard to explain this withoout a proper knowledge video wise.

I just wanted to share this little comparison I did the other day. I would like to see some comments about this. =)

and finally thanks to Benji for sharing this beautiful Pixies gem!!
benji Posted - 10/19/2006 : 00:53:16
hey man,
how you like the show?
i just jumped on to help you finish at the end there....

hope it's up to scatch.

anazgnos Posted - 10/11/2006 : 20:40:14
Awesome, man! Thanks for that. Can't believe I missed that on there.
benji Posted - 10/11/2006 : 01:37:54
someone who downloaded my copy from plg uploaded it to dime anazgnos, and i've seen you there, so just nab it from:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=105200
tho there seems no seeders right now, but it's usually very well seeded....

anazgnos Posted - 10/10/2006 : 13:59:40
Dang, I can't believe after all these years, I've still never seen this, the most ubiquitous of all Pixies videos. Can't seem to register on that site. If someone would be willing to trade for a copy I do have numerous Frank boots to offer.
johnc Posted - 09/21/2006 : 02:33:38
Thanks for this Benji! I was watching this last night.
It is a goddan!

Cheers!
John
fbc Posted - 07/18/2006 : 02:36:02
It's all sorted. I'm finally seeding. A little late, but "Hurrah!"

Thanks for the help, benji, I never realised there was no need to copy to desktop, but now I do. The vob file I was having problems with is working just fine now. Apologies to anyone downloading via me. This machines not the quickest, but it tries.

For anyone unfamiliar with BitTorrents, get familiar. This gig is unbelievable. The Pixies, dagnamit!
benji Posted - 07/17/2006 : 16:39:09
fbc, the disc you want to do the seeding from is the one which has all the files in a folder named
Pixies - Brixton Academy, London (1991-06-26) PAL Pro-Shot on the actual disc, and not just a video_ts and an audio_ts folder. it will also contain an text file with the info and also a md5 file.

so the other disc is simply for playing straight in your dvd player. the one with the Pixies - Brixton Academy, London (1991-06-26) PAL Pro-Shot folder is the one for seeding. you can even direct it straight to that folder while the disc is still in your disc drive of your computer. you don't need to copy it to your hard drive.

fbc Posted - 07/17/2006 : 09:14:32
Benji, my machine's having trouble converting the vob file 'VTS_01_3' onto my hardrive, "it can't be read or written", which is my fault due to overplay and misuse of the disc. I've tried several times this afternoon but still no go. Is it okay if I help seed the gig without this one vob file while I try and fix my little problem?

edit: d'uh! i have two discs. i'm in the process of copying the vobs from disc 2 onto desktop now. fingers crossed.
benji Posted - 07/17/2006 : 05:49:01
it can. there is, i believe a program that can do it easily. however i can't remember what it is called.
also, there is an NTSC version of this posted on zomb, but i'm only bothering uploading my PAL copy as the NTSC version is much lower quality.

Thomas Posted - 07/17/2006 : 05:43:03
Can PAL be converted to NTSC?

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000