-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tabs and Trading
 Tabs & Musician Stuff
 Sitar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NimrodsSon Posted - 11/21/2004 : 11:58:36
I would like to buy one, but don't know much about them, as far as what to look for in purchasing one. Does anyone have any pointers on what to look for or any suggestions for one in the range of $300-500?

ˇViva los Católicos!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Steak n Sabre Posted - 11/24/2004 : 10:17:47
Great site NS! I'd strongly consider one of the used ones if you are just starting out. Looks like some good deals on those. That electric one looked pretty cool, run it thru a reverse delay and a Marshall and really drive the neighbors nuts!!!....

The Cult of Frank: It's not the coming of the aliens or anything...
NimrodsSon Posted - 11/23/2004 : 18:08:19
Thanks, what do you think about this: http://www.buckinghammusic.com/sitar/birdshead.html ? The guy on the website seems to be knowledgeable and says this is the best sitar in that price range (of course, it's new, so certainly a used one could be better, as you said). He says he inspects all of his sitars and makes sure everything works properly before they are sold.

ˇViva los Católicos!
Steak n Sabre Posted - 11/23/2004 : 08:38:40
A real nice one will set you back a bit more than your price range, however, you may find one thats a bit used for that price. Try to find one with the gourds in good shape, with no cracks that could lead to a pricey repair job. Happy hunting....

The Cult of Frank: It's not the coming of the aliens or anything...

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000