-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tabs and Trading
 Tabs & Musician Stuff
 caribou rhythm guitar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PixieSteve Posted - 11/13/2004 : 19:45:56
the way frank plays the start of the G Cm bit... i might be a retard, but it is quite hard to recreate. the way he sort of mutes it etc... i think it must be a combination of the guitars tone and the type of distortion used that contribute to it. can anyone tab a good way of doing it?

I joined the Cult of Pi / Because it's cool
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
w00t Posted - 12/02/2004 : 19:53:02
what works for me is to bar the G and Cmin, obviously, and during the intro/verse
strum the low E twice with your thumb, on the second time continue to drag it across the strings for the first half of the chord duration and then start to drag your index finger from the high e down to meet the thumb. do this a few times and then the hammering part of the c minor chord is something like this:

e|-3---3---3---3-(3)|
B|-3h4-3h4-3h4-3-h4-|
G|-3h5-3h5-3h5-3-h5-|
D|-3h5-3h5-3h5-3-h5-|
A|-3---3---3---3-(3)|
E|------------------|

just lightly palm mute the first half of each chord duration and then let the strings
being played by your index finger ring.

Newo Posted - 11/14/2004 : 14:15:01
Actually I'm Irish Pixiesteve, so might I suggest "Oi'll kill ya".

--

Moving from the clown to the jester will mean moving from similar to same, from alike to identical, from comparable to analogous. Though applied differently, the colours used on one can be used on another, and a couple of changes of costume will rapidly transform the jester into a clown and the clown into a jester. Strictly speaking, they almost duplicate each other as regards clothes and function, the only difference between them, from a social point of view, is that clowns do not usually visit the palaces of kings.
PixieSteve Posted - 11/14/2004 : 14:06:20
but how to do that cool chunky triplet swing, and then the unmuted bit..etc... which strings are he playing specifically.. if you know.

also.. if anyone knows some of what joey plays at the end. i know some of it is just the chords played really fast.
Doog Posted - 11/14/2004 : 11:48:07
Try the neck & bridge setting on a Telecaster, and lightly mute the strings with your right hand- works for me.

"Join the cult of Ray/He was the best Ghostbuster"
www.doog.tk
PixieSteve Posted - 11/14/2004 : 10:15:07
I keel you!
whoreatthedoor Posted - 11/14/2004 : 10:00:28
How rude!

Caminar sobre las hojas del otoño
es romántico y resbaladizo
Newo Posted - 11/14/2004 : 09:21:06
Shut up and play.

--

Moving from the clown to the jester will mean moving from similar to same, from alike to identical, from comparable to analogous. Though applied differently, the colours used on one can be used on another, and a couple of changes of costume will rapidly transform the jester into a clown and the clown into a jester. Strictly speaking, they almost duplicate each other as regards clothes and function, the only difference between them, from a social point of view, is that clowns do not usually visit the palaces of kings.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000