-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 frank black francis leaked for real this time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mdisanto Posted - 02/04/2004 : 14:21:42
well i just got my hands on the first 6 songs from the two pale boys and frank disc coming up. preeettty crazy i must say. Those of you who were disappointed by the techno on the Hey tribute might want to pretend that this album never existed. its worth hearing though.

-miked
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
prozacrat Posted - 03/22/2004 : 04:03:31
Okay. I just signed up for AIM. I'm jeromebixby. What happens now?

"And her head has no room."
prozacrat Posted - 03/22/2004 : 03:41:54
What? What does that mean?! I'm not down with the whole AOL thing! Gwaaa!!

Chip Away Boy Posted - 03/21/2004 : 11:50:46
aim=timbo313
prozacrat Posted - 03/20/2004 : 18:04:35
Okay. I would really, really like to hear these songs, but I can't get through to SoulSeek. I've downloaded it and tried downloading songs off of it but I can't find these songs, AND when I do find other songs and try to download them it doesn't work. I may just be screwed with the whole SoulSeek thing. Is there any other place I can find them and download them? Of course, I'm frumpy about the release of the album being pushed back, but I'd love to be able to take part in this discussion. Can anybody help me?! Thanks.

Old Neptuna Posted - 03/20/2004 : 13:18:12
Can't believe I missed all this - guess I was wrapped up in the Pixies side of things. I haven't heard this stuff yet but I can't wait. I've been bugging Cooking Vinyl to get a pre-order on this release, but haven't heard back yet - when I do, I'll post.

About the negs on the leaks... There are always leaks on releases, always lapped up by hungry and true fans. The problem is when they get too widely circulated - steals the thunder of the planned release I think. Can't blame fans for being impatient though, (me included).

Tuna

"Your head can go real screw, When saucers chasin' you.."
Jason Posted - 03/18/2004 : 18:08:33
I'm looking forward to the Frank Black Francis thing, too. It sounds real cool. The bad notices here don't discourage me cuz I tend to disgree with most of the stuff I read on this board anyway.
Chip Away Boy Posted - 03/18/2004 : 14:17:53
i dunno why but this crap is growing on me
darkoutsider Posted - 03/17/2004 : 15:55:33
lol, sounds like me when I first heard the word pooh!! HA HA HA!! I'm going to see the Pixies, I'm going to see the Pixies!! I tried to get tickets to the Breeders show that's in a week or so in Hollywood, but it was sold out. Oh well, Bob Dylan is touring again on the bright side, and Henry Rollins is doing his spoken word tour. Can't wait to see that.

- Milk, milk, lemonade around the corner fudge is made. -
Itchload Posted - 03/17/2004 : 15:05:49
All this talk has made me very excited to hear it, I'm definitely buying it. Frank could use a good fucked up/noisy/weird album in his discography, spice things up.

And that guy who kept saying "stalinist", I'm pretty sure he learned that term in Social Studies this week, that's why he's so excited to use it. When my roommate learned the word "delectable", you couldn't get a meal in him without hearing it described that way.
SelfEscape Posted - 03/17/2004 : 13:27:54
Well in my opinion this is amazing stuff though i don't know how well it will hold up to repeated listens. This version of Levitate Me is perhaps one of the strangest things ive ever heard, bizzarre bell type sounds but I really like it. Trying to find some more two pale boys, this live concert that i got from that two pale boys page is interesting though poor quality. It's a interesting project though I'll have to reserve judgement until I've listened to it a few more times, it definetly puts the pixies songs in a different place.

/needs to listen to more pere ubu too
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 03/17/2004 : 11:22:11
I suppose I'm not certain, but I'd have to say I was completely fooled if they were remixed vocals... though it wouldn't be the first time.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Chip Away Boy Posted - 03/17/2004 : 10:27:27
i got them, and after the first listen i have to say......i really really don't like it.

Nimrods Son (a normally very rockin song) sounds like Polka.

This will be the first frank black disc that i won't buy
mun chien andalusia Posted - 03/17/2004 : 07:26:35
quote:
Originally posted by Chip Away Boy

i'm using soul seek, how come all the songs are grey and i can't download them?

try sending a message to the user that has them.if he puts you in his user list you an sjip the cue

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
hilljack Posted - 03/16/2004 : 19:43:23
I think it's in the soulseek FAQ. If songs are grey it just means you have to wait in line to download them, and if you click on them they will automatically start downloading when it's your turn. Sometimes it takes a while. If you notice, there is a column in the search and transfer windows devoted to place in line. That'll tell you approximately how many people are ahead of you. Also if you donate $5(I think) to soulseek then your userid obtains a special status which will put you ahead of those who do not donate.
Chip Away Boy Posted - 03/16/2004 : 17:12:37
i'm using soul seek, how come all the songs are grey and i can't download them?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 03/16/2004 : 06:47:09
I think there's a difference between a remix and a completely new recording. Remixes tend to use most/all of the original recording with different levels on certain instruments and sometimes new ones added (like pounding beats). These are completely new.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
fumanbru Posted - 03/15/2004 : 17:51:15
quote:
Originally posted by JamesM

Hola. The new album is great - WAY great.

Fumanbru - you downloaded most of the new tracks off of me on Soulseek.

-Jimmy M.

thanks jimmy! of course, i'll be purchasing the real thing once it's out.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
billgoodman Posted - 03/15/2004 : 01:27:53
I think the release is pushed further to combine with the tour

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
jimmy Posted - 03/14/2004 : 23:44:47
If I remember right, a release date was set for some time in the beginning of April. So why is there nothing about it on Spinart? I'm really excited about this album, almost as much as the DVD (Just because I've been waiting for the DVD for years and thought it would've been out by now).

I said, "You have no hard-on till that aching fills your chest"/ Good-bye Lorraine
JamesM Posted - 03/14/2004 : 20:38:17
Hola. The new album is great - WAY great.

Fumanbru - you downloaded most of the new tracks off of me on Soulseek.

-Jimmy M.
TheCroutonFuton Posted - 03/14/2004 : 16:23:07
quote:
Originally posted by darkoutsider

It's not new material just remixed/ demos of songs you've all heard before.

Umm...it is new material.

I just heard the 10 songs and I think they're amazing. I don't think it's techno at all..It's just great odd music. I think the leaked Nimrod's Son is absolutely brilliant..great stuff, I'm looking forward to the CD.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Ebb Vicious Posted - 03/14/2004 : 08:43:00

the frog painted himself into a corner when he said that he was a little kid eating all the fudge.

yes, exactly, you are an irresponsible brat.
darkoutsider Posted - 03/12/2004 : 18:51:45
I think you guy should just wait for a while longer. It's not new material just remixed/ demos of songs you've all heard before. What's so wrong with just waiting a while until the album is released it's not like it's a million years away, just a few months. You can be big kids and wait, can't you.

But I, for one, am for file sharing. Because music is art, and art should be shared. I'm pretty sure that after I make it in music my opinion on this will change. But we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd love to see inside your mind, to tear it all apart
To cut you open with a knife and find your sacred heart
I'd love to take your satin dolls and tear them all to shreds
I'd love to mess your pretty hair, i'd love to see you dead. - Boingo
fumanbru Posted - 03/12/2004 : 14:44:59
so when can we start chatting it up about the songs? i don't know if i can wait till the release date. i may be in the minority but i love it! been listening to it over and over again for the past week. some of the tunes would be great music for a david lynch movie. frank's voice is sounding great- kind of freaky pixie like lounge music.

want to respect franks wishes if they are pissed off about a leak. any word of when the official release is?

VoVat Posted - 03/09/2004 : 13:04:36
There really isn't any way to prove one way or the other how file sharing has affected record sales. The RIAA seems to be looking for scapegoats, and then preying on easy targets. Slapping a lawsuit on some kid who downloaded some songs is bullying, plain and simple, whether the law is on their side or not.

Join the Culf of Buttoms / It's the Alerican way.
mun chien andalusia Posted - 03/08/2004 : 20:00:21
great article.i'd bet 10 to 1 that they fired him for stating that stuff.anyway he has a great point in saying that the actual danger for cd sells are pirated cd's(material discs)and not file sharing.even after the file sharing boom i keep buying the same number of cd's if not more.the difference with p2p is that i try music that i would never buy and that i get a preview of albums to come.but since when i listen to new stuff and i like it i then buy the originals and the leaked albums are stuff that i would buy anyway i don't have moral issues whatsoever.same thing for films.i particularly like prince's point of view.he's terribly right in saying that it's the majors' fault that the music from art degraded to product and as such is treated by consumers.as a consumer i refuse to pay 24$ for a cd.as a fan i would pay double.so the riaa can only blame itself for failing to sell cds because instead of fans tries to create consumers.fans are faithfull to their idols consumers want convenience.and more convenient than free is impossible.
not to mention the fact that they change laws at will.copyrights were legal for 25-30 years after the release of the original and then should become free for public use but magically when disney's first films were about to become royalty-free the law changed.they are not even trying to play with their own terms so keep on file sharing.you do not harm anybody but some fat ass major consultant that will have to look for a new job.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
shineoftheever Posted - 03/08/2004 : 16:27:25
quote:
Originally posted by prozacrat

.....big-wig fuckerheads..............

that's a good one! mind if use that?

"My upbringing gets me down"
prozacrat Posted - 03/08/2004 : 00:00:56
I read the article, too. Very good. I like that guy. Some of those big-wig fuckerheads in the record industry should listen to him.

Apesy Posted - 03/07/2004 : 19:34:09
quote:
i just listened to the fbf version of where is my mind? i thought it was super cool. can't wait to get the whole things when it comes out.

Speaking of which: Do we have a definite release date for this yet?

-=Apesy
fumanbru Posted - 03/07/2004 : 11:43:05
quote:
Originally posted by MMD

billgoodman, (and indeed anyone else because it is interesting) if you have the time please read this : http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/02/01/file_trading_manifesto/ Very interesting argument in favour of file sharing written by a record executive.

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”

good article. i just listened to the fbf version of where is my mind? i thought it was super cool. can't wait to get the whole things when it comes out.

billgoodman Posted - 03/07/2004 : 03:18:51
I'm not against file sharing, hell no

MMD Posted - 03/05/2004 : 12:12:58
billgoodman, (and indeed anyone else because it is interesting) if you have the time please read this : http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/02/01/file_trading_manifesto/ Very interesting argument in favour of file sharing written by a record executive.

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Erebus Posted - 03/05/2004 : 07:57:09
virtue has no scale
billgoodman Posted - 03/05/2004 : 02:28:37
ok, so maybe, my last post wasn't so strong...hehe
but I do believe it's wrong to download an album
and as far as cd singles go: come on! I'm not talking about downloading
the latest britney spears single (which is btw, pretty good) but about downloading
1 or 2 tracks from an indieband. Don't get me wrong, it seems like the same thing, but it isn't.
If I'm not familiar with FB and I download headache, I'm not stealing a cd single. I know there was a headache single, but it isn't available anymore in the stores, and if it is, it's second handed, so FB won't make any money out of it anyway. This may seem like a stupid point, but look at it from this way: indiebands don't get any airplay, or videoplay on mtv. If people want to 'check' them out, they almost have to download something. But I reckon, that you should 'check' indiebands just the way major commercial bands are being promoted, by one or two songs. If you like it, go for the record, buy it, maybe the rest of the album sucks, but that's just a risk, and a risk that sometimes needs to be taken. Downloading full albums is in my view more illegal than one or two songs. But that could be me...

go on and bash this post!

VoVat Posted - 03/04/2004 : 15:56:29
quote:
downloading full length albums is like stealing a cd from a record store.

Actually, from a legal perspective, it's quite different. One is a crime, and the other a copyright violation. Both illegal in many situations, yes, but hardly the same thing at all.

quote:
It isn't something else, a song ok, two songs good. But dowloading the whole thing is wrong in my opinion. You can always listen to a record in a store if you want to make sure to buy a record. And there are one or two songs on the websites of the recordcompany's.

Not always true. Plenty of stores don't let you listen to CDs at all, and some of the ones that do only let you listen to select ones (usually whatever they're pushing at the time), just certain tracks on an album, and/or just parts of songs. And not all record companies provide tracks from their artists' albums for free download, either, although I think it would be beneficial for everyone if they did.

Join the Culf of Buttoms / It's the Alerican way.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000