-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 FBF review: Hour (Montreal)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
seanunyon Posted - 11/05/2004 : 06:56:31
October 28th, 2004
Frank Black Francis - (Sonic Unyon)
 Frank Black

by Jamie O'Meara

The way Black tells it, it was fan pressure to divulge heretofore unheard Pixies demo tapes that prompted this release. But wisely, not wanting only to release the kind of demo crap that usually remains unreleased for a reason, Black went into the studio and re-recorded 13 classic Pixies songs for this two-CD set. First, the Demo Disc: If you disregard the out-of-tune playing, mid-song chatter, seesawing volume and tape hiss, then it isn't totally shit. Frank Black Francis, on the other hand, is a supremely genius, mind-bombing electro avant-jazz reorganization of Pixies songwriting DNA at the atomic level. Trumpet and violin samples rotate and mutate previously untouchable tunes like Caribou, Where Is My Mind? and Wave of Mutilation, exposing an undiscovered, frequently stunning, built-in beauty lying latent in the writing. This is as good as a new Pixies album. In fact, this is a new Pixies album.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hWolsky Posted - 11/08/2004 : 13:30:27
That's what I call an objective article. That Treated CD is way ahead of time, but most of you lil' Giks will realize it too late... HAHAHAHA!!
Long life Ubu and Jehovah!

"I was born in 1586 on Sandro's 'Maiden with the Book'"

HW

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000