-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Proposed Set List For Next Minneapolis Show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/18/2004 : 16:41:46
Caribou
Planet Of Sound
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Nimrod’s Son
Debaser
Velouria
Vamos
Alec Eiffel
Broken Face
All Over The World
No. 13 Baby
Subbacultcha
River Euphrates
Space (I Believe In)
Is She Weird?
Dead
Bone Machine
Tame
Crackity Jones
The Happening
Isla de Encanta
Distance Equals Rate Times Time
Break My Body
I Bleed
Dig For Fire

Rock Music
Gigantic
Down To The Well
The Sad Punk
Motorway To Roswell
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LUTINS Posted - 04/22/2004 : 02:09:32
voici la set-list ideal pour le concert de paris le 7 juin

Alec eiffel
Trompe le monde
Velvety
Letter to memphis
Levitate me
Allison
Manta ray
Monkey gone to heaven
Isla de encanta
Space (i believe)
Theme from narc
Rock music
Gouge away
Cactus
Dancing to the manta ray
Dig for fire
Gigantic
La la love you
The holiday song
Cecilia ann
Planet of sound

ENCORE 1 :
Ana
Where is my mind ?
Here comes your man
Velouria

ENCORE 2 :
River euphrates
Debaser
Broken face
Wave of mutilation (UK surf)

ENCORE 3 :
In heaven (kim voice)

i know i'm a dreamer

union pour la promotion de la propulsion photonique pixienne
Daisy Girl Posted - 04/21/2004 : 22:34:09
Hey... this isn't as good as El Diablo's...but if I could see them play another night... this is what it would be. I think it's on the long side, but it's just for fun right??? Anyway...let me know what you'd think.

Debaser
Gouge Away
Break My Body
Hey
Vamos
Holiday Song
I’ve Been Tired
Velouria
Subbaculture
Is She Weird?
Cactus
Dead
Gigantic
Down To The Well
Silver
River Euphrates
Where is My Mind?
Navajo Know
Bone Machine
Rock Music
Alec Eiffel
I’m Amazed
Wave

Encore:
Monkey
I Bleed
Cover of Sweet Jane (Yes this is pretend)
Manta Ray
Levitate Me
Into the White
Pixiesque Posted - 04/21/2004 : 16:26:04
Hmm, well No. 13 Baby could be taken out to accomidate Hey and Trompe Le Monde. I still stand by I Bleed for Winterlong, I've grown tired of I Bleed, i've played it to death allready.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/20/2004 : 19:02:59
Pixiesque,
I know you're just attempting to annoy me by suggesting I remove two of the best songs off of DO LITTLE and replace them with two cover songs. "Trompe Le Monde" and "Hey" just missed the cut. P-dawg, I saw our favorite band play "Winterlong" twice on this tour already. And what was I thinking? I was thinking, "Wow, they could have used that time to play BOTH 'Trompe Le Monde' and 'Distance Equals Rate Times Time.'" True.
Pixiesque Posted - 04/20/2004 : 16:35:30
I love the setlist, it looks great. But, I was wondering what is wrong with In Heaven and Winterlong being added in place of maybe..No. 13 Baby and I Bleed, hearing the newly played versions of Winterlong and In Heaven I would defently rather see them in the set. Trompe le Monde and Hey would be great additions, also.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/20/2004 : 14:48:15
"Letter" was a single, and I already have two singles off TROMPE in the queue. And I can't take out "Planet" or "Alec."
CaptainMaximus Posted - 04/20/2004 : 14:27:21
Good setlist. I'm hoping for the addition of "Letter to Memphis." Don't know why this isn't mentioned more often, but I think it's one of their stronger later numbers, and I'm sure the new-fangled incarnation of the Pixies---from the few concerts I've heard so far---would do it justice.
ShaunWestphal Posted - 04/20/2004 : 13:47:52
quote:
Originally posted by The Passion Of El Diablo

They could play all of BOSSA and TROMPE in 1h 20m, and they could play the four LPs and PILGRIM in about 3 hours. Plus, Lovering rushes so much when he plays live that the whole thing would actually pr'y be done in 2h 30m.

That way they'd have plenty of time to throw in Winterlong and Into the White for an Encore...

Wherever Passion goes, I will follow...
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/20/2004 : 13:31:03
They could play all of BOSSA and TROMPE in 1h 20m, and they could play the four LPs and PILGRIM in about 3 hours. Plus, Lovering rushes so much when he plays live that the whole thing would actually pr'y be done in 2h 30m.
Daisy Girl Posted - 04/19/2004 : 17:38:30
Can't they just play all their albums back to back to back... the concert would be 4-5 hours but that would be sooo cool???? Just kidding...that would be my dream but can't see it happening.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/19/2004 : 17:01:22
ShaunWestphal,
"Hang Wire" just barely missed the cut. I would love to put it in over "Monkey" or "Nimrod's Son," but the rubes would never let it happen, and we need merch sales. It would be in a hypothetical second encore. "Havalina" would definitely make it in ahead of "Wave (UK Surf)," but I more generally just question your taste. Why not take aim at me for leaving out "The Sad Punk" or "I Bleed"? As a matter of fact, I just convinced myself . . . it's editing time.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/19/2004 : 17:00:20
ShaunWestphal,
"Hang Wire" just barely missed the cut. I would love to put it in over "Monkey" or "Nimrod's Son," but the rubes would never let it happen, and we need merch sales. It would be in a hypothetical second encore. "Havalina" would definitely make it in ahead of "Wave (UK Surf)," but I more generally just question your taste. Why not take aim at me for leaving out "The Sad Punk" or "I Bleed"? As a matter of fact, I just convinced myself . . . it's editing time.
ShaunWestphal Posted - 04/19/2004 : 15:03:56
If the fans are as good as they were in Winnipeg, they would surely be able to cheer the band into a fifth encore don't ya think?

The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/19/2004 : 15:00:33
Cal,
The Christian Slater/PUTV thing was part of the consideration involved in leaving it off, but the decisive factor was that neither version of "Wave" is good enough to make the cut, unless you assume that there will be a fifth encore set.
The Calistanian Posted - 04/19/2004 : 14:48:48
Ahhh...you must have left off "Wave of Mutilation (U.K. Surf)" to separate the PUMP UP THE VOLUME fans from the people who hate Christian Slater.
Passion, you think everything through, don't you?

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/19/2004 : 14:35:53
Calistan,
I am a businessperson. I favor providing a product that whets the appetite of an already hungry crowd so they'll spend their savings at the merch table. Thus, I would have the Pixies throw in a healthy mix of PILGRIM, SURFER, and DO LITTLE songs to please the robotically appreciative masses. I left off "Where Is My Mind?", though, to separate the merely unrefined music fans from the undeserving FIGHT CLUB fans.
prozacrat Posted - 04/19/2004 : 14:28:31
I guess it is just me.

The Calistanian Posted - 04/19/2004 : 14:20:39
Why all the non-Bossanova/Trompe le Monde songs Passion? I figured you would just list every song from those two to make up your ideal setlist.

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
ShaunWestphal Posted - 04/19/2004 : 14:20:20
Hang on, after a better scan, I have some corrections. I think Havalina would follow Motorway perfectly. I love the way it seals the deal on Bossanova. I wouldn't mind throwing Hang Wire in there for good measure too.

ShaunWestphal Posted - 04/19/2004 : 14:16:39
Good set list Passion, but then you know you can do no wrong in my eyes...

The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/19/2004 : 13:31:24
We don't want new songs, prozac.
prozacrat Posted - 04/18/2004 : 17:59:34
And Ween did the All Request Live CD which was somewhat similar. But in addition to that ideal Minneapolis set list, I would also like to see some "new song"'s sprinkled throughout the show. Or maybe that's just me.

porkbone1 Posted - 04/18/2004 : 17:55:58
I think on their last tour, R.E.M. let the people pick the songs for the setlist on the internet. I thought that was a cool idea, since they had so many songs they couldn't possibly play them all. Personally I would like to hear the whole catalog, but they probably don't want to play 4 hour sets...

The joke has come upon me
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/18/2004 : 17:53:41
Give it a shot, but you will fail. You'll pr'y include "In Heaven" and "Winterlong." Ouch.
makers888 Posted - 04/18/2004 : 17:47:24
I think I could come up with a much better setlist than that. It's okay though..

"This is for the shits for the birds. This is for the birds."
sloy Posted - 04/18/2004 : 17:19:38
PERFECT!!!("hey" could be great too)GOOD choice setlist I ll take the same for Paris for two person

sloy
chrischob Posted - 04/18/2004 : 17:11:49
I'd like to hear Manta Ray too otherwise thats a good setlist

Chris Choboter
solace Posted - 04/18/2004 : 16:45:14
sounds good to me :)

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000