-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 man comes your here...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jettison Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:06:38
did any else notice frank flubbed the lyrics to 'here comes your man'at the fine line?

was it on purpose?

can we compare it to the other shows.

-jet

www.thecroakers.com
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
roomloo Posted - 04/17/2004 : 06:35:52
In the Minneapolis recording, he sounds like he's tripping on his words a little during the verse he flubs. Then in Winnipeg, he sings it the right way (i.e., the Doolittle way). I'm with the majority here.
klikger Posted - 04/17/2004 : 01:37:55
I don't remember, Jet. Was that the song being played when he was asking Joey what the next words were?
ProverbialCereal Posted - 04/16/2004 : 22:21:53
quote:
Originally posted by makers888

By the way, I have plenty of pictures of this show(4/13/04) shot from the front and center. I was the closest person to Frank the whole entire show(literally). But, I'm looking to trade the pics for others from other shows. I suppose I could start a separate thread, huh??

Well, you could upload them to FB.net in the pictures section, but if you don't want make your pictures "public domain," then I can understand you wanting to trade. I know lots of people would be very appreciative if you did upload them. You could just compress the images so they aren't as high quality. Which most people do anyway to conserve space.

Join the Devil's Workshop / Looking for idle hands to work second shift
Manny Posted - 04/16/2004 : 22:00:41
Yeah, he sang it differently in Winnipeg too. I did notice that.
porkbone1 Posted - 04/16/2004 : 21:47:12
I haven't listened that closely to both discs yet, but didn't he sing it the same way in Winnipeg? I kept thinking it was wrong both times.

The joke has come upon me
makers888 Posted - 04/16/2004 : 19:55:59
I think you're all wrong. It was indeed intentional. At least that's what it looked like to me from the expression on his face. Also, you interepreted the lyrics that he sang wrong. He sang it this way:

Outside by the boxcar waiting
Outside we wait til face turns blue
Outside by the fire breathing
Outside we wait the family stew

Trust me, it was intentional. It was definately something I caught during the show. By the way, I have plenty of pictures of this show(4/13/04) shot from the front and center. I was the closest person to Frank the whole entire show(literally). But, I'm looking to trade the pics for others from other shows. I suppose I could start a separate thread, huh??

"This is for the shits for the birds. This is for the birds."
Daisy Girl Posted - 04/16/2004 : 19:37:44
I like flubbing them to say "here comes my band" :) I think other people do too???
KimStanleyRobinson Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:31:53
Sounds that way to me too. I know when i repeat in performance, irs because I've spaced the line...
The Calistanian Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:24:46
Unintentional

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:22:40
Outside there's a box car waitin
Outside we'll wait til face turns blue
Out by the fire breathin
Outside we'll wait til face turns blue

I think that's how he started it. I don't have the disc with me.
KimStanleyRobinson Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:21:38
What did he say - "man comes your here"?
The Calistanian Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:16:21
That was good.
Back to Here Comes Your Man: Yeah, you're right, it would be unintentional if it was the verse lyrics. I thought he may have meant the chorus, which would be impossible to mess up.

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:13:18
Sounds unintentional to me. I'm more interested in the interspersing of "Where Is My Mind" guitar licks during the instrumental jam portion of "Vamos." Could have been unintentional the first time, but then Joey did the same thing in Winnipeg. Pretty funny.
The Calistanian Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:08:33
Awesome! You couldn't possibly do that without doing it on purpose.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000