-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 I have been immortalized on a Pixies CD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mattb Posted - 04/15/2004 : 21:49:31
Some of you I met in Winnipeg might remember that I mentioned that in Minneapolis I drunkenly yelled out "Where is my Mind" during the encore and was wondering if the mikes picked it up. Well I was listening to the CD of the show on the plane back home and on Minneapolis Disc 2 track 10 In Heaven at 19 seconds you can actually hear me shout it out. I know it's kind of lame and I'm not usually the kind of guy that yells out requests at shows but in my delerium of seeing the pixies play and being drunk I couldn't help myself. Anybody else yell something that you could hear on the CD?

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
klikger Posted - 04/17/2004 : 01:34:55
Passion, shut up about your hatred for Kim Deal already. Frank and Joey were drinking beer too.
speedy_m Posted - 04/16/2004 : 23:35:35
Alright, so perhaps I do owe some debt to Senor Porkbone and his bonette. And beyond learning how to properly pronounce Regina, he also got a lesson in many any other Canadianisms, such as the Great Canadian Toonie Toss, and why exactly we call the darn things Loonie's. Though I'm not sure Irene has really figured it out yet, I think she was just humouring me. That's right, humoUring me. Look it up, kids. And we're supposed to see the Missus posting, aren't we?

Uh, Bastard!
porkbone1 Posted - 04/16/2004 : 21:23:45
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

Solace, how could we resist? Yesterday we wake up, we're tired, hungry, and Pixelated, then we lock the keys in the car, then we have breakfast at Perkins (don't have breakfast at Perkins. You could maybe use the bathroom to take a deuce or throw up in, but I wouldn't eat there) (actually the pancakes were decent, and we were starving, so it wasn't all bad). And then we hit the road, with the intention of seeing if maybe we could someone conjur Regina tickets out of thin (txt message) air. No luck. Then we put on the Winnipeg Disc Live, and we said the hell with it, we're going to the Vag. And then it took us an hour to find the damn venue (no thanks to the 16 yr old goth working the till at Esso, "Broad St. turns into Broadway" my ass! Go listen to a Pixies record (I'm looking for the venue where these guys are playing tonight *gesture at shiny new naked Frank t-shirt* "Who?")! So we finally roll up to the venue, we see some guy outside sell two tickets to the show to someone else. Then we walk inside and buy two tickets at face value from the box office. ? Sometimes you don't ask questions, you just get in line make small talk with the guy who has the "Marry Me Kim" t-shirt. Bloody brilliant show, by the way. Totally different feel than Winnipeg, as Doris Knight Hall is really that - a hall. Really low ceiling, piss-poor acoustics, but totally punk rock in a "this venue is the basement of a Centre for the Performing Arts" kinda way.

And it was very nice to meet you Mr. Solace, and share in the Canadian tradition of eating at Pita Pit really late and then stumbling home. And tell your new Minni friend to post here. I wanna hear more about T-Wolves sightings and parking Spree's rides.

I would like to personally take credit for the fact you saw an awesome show in Regina (a word that I now know rhymes with a female body part). I distinctly remember my wife and I standing there talking to you and Dean in the Malborough saying, "Why the hell aren't you going to Regina?" Although my suggestion was that Dean pull his magic strings and they would let you in for free, and let you sit on the bus and shit. I guess buying tickets from the box office is another way of going about it. Glad you got to go.

Bastard!!

The joke has come upon me
Daisy Girl Posted - 04/16/2004 : 19:57:58
I liked the whisteling :) it's cool
prozacrat Posted - 04/16/2004 : 15:36:23
Right before La La Love You in Winnipeg I can be heard whistling like mad. Afterward I noticed that I was sitting not too far from the microphones in the back of the house that I assume they turned up between songs for applause. I have an injured arm so I couldn't clap very much and compensated by whistling. So if anybody's wondering where that annoying whistling was coming from, I sheepishly raise my good hand.

The Calistanian Posted - 04/16/2004 : 11:47:14
Anyways...this thread is about me on Disc #1, track #7, during the lull after Kim says "You're really high". I then proceed to scream: "This is awesome!". So, crank up your stereo.

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 11:13:57
Mr. Grieves,
Start a club and I'll join it.
mrgrieves1971 Posted - 04/16/2004 : 11:11:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Passion Of El Diablo

Hypothetically speaking, if MattB is a moron for being a drunk buffoon at the first Pixies show in twelve years (and I'm not saying that he was or is), then what would that make Kim Deal (not that it would or would not make her anything)?

The reason that the Pixies couldn't keep it together in the first place.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 11:08:05
Hypothetically speaking, if MattB is a moron for being a drunk buffoon at the first Pixies show in twelve years (and I'm not saying that he was or is), then what would that make Kim Deal (not that it would or would not make her anything)?
mrgrieves1971 Posted - 04/16/2004 : 11:04:37
quote:
Originally posted by mattb

quote:
Originally posted by mrgrieves1971

quote:

Some of you I met in Winnipeg might remember that I mentioned that in Minneapolis I drunkenly yelled out "Where is my Mind" during the encore and was wondering if the mikes picked it up. Well I was listening to the CD of the show on the plane back home and on Minneapolis Disc 2 track 10 In Heaven at 19 seconds you can actually hear me shout it out.

You yelled out during a quiet part of a song? Fucking rude.

No more Pixies shows for you.

Listen to the CD you stupid fuck, it was between songs. Shouting during the song? do you think I'm a moron?

Seeing as Disclive hasn't sent mine out yet, I have not heard the CD. All I know is that you said you yelled at 19 seconds into the In Heaven track. I guess I wrongly assumed that by 19 seconds into the track, the song would have begun. Given that the beginning of In Heaven is very quiet, your description sounded like it went like this:

"In heaven .... everything is fine ... In heaven ... WHERE IS MY MIND!!!!!!! ... everything is fine."

So I apologize if you didn't in fact yell during the actual song.

In response to your question as to whether I think you're a moron, I don't know you. So I have no idea if you are a moron. I only know what you've told me. Which is that, on the night of the Pixies historical reunion, you got drunk. Drunk enough to yell out a band's song titles to them, just in case they've forgotten them or aren't sure what they should play and need your help. So I'm not sure if that makes you a moron or not. I'm positive that it doesn't make you a genius, but a moron? Let me think about it.
speedy_m Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:28:22
Solace, how could we resist? Yesterday we wake up, we're tired, hungry, and Pixelated, then we lock the keys in the car, then we have breakfast at Perkins (don't have breakfast at Perkins. You could maybe use the bathroom to take a deuce or throw up in, but I wouldn't eat there) (actually the pancakes were decent, and we were starving, so it wasn't all bad). And then we hit the road, with the intention of seeing if maybe we could someone conjur Regina tickets out of thin (txt message) air. No luck. Then we put on the Winnipeg Disc Live, and we said the hell with it, we're going to the Vag. And then it took us an hour to find the damn venue (no thanks to the 16 yr old goth working the till at Esso, "Broad St. turns into Broadway" my ass! Go listen to a Pixies record (I'm looking for the venue where these guys are playing tonight *gesture at shiny new naked Frank t-shirt* "Who?")! So we finally roll up to the venue, we see some guy outside sell two tickets to the show to someone else. Then we walk inside and buy two tickets at face value from the box office. ? Sometimes you don't ask questions, you just get in line make small talk with the guy who has the "Marry Me Kim" t-shirt. Bloody brilliant show, by the way. Totally different feel than Winnipeg, as Doris Knight Hall is really that - a hall. Really low ceiling, piss-poor acoustics, but totally punk rock in a "this venue is the basement of a Centre for the Performing Arts" kinda way.

And it was very nice to meet you Mr. Solace, and share in the Canadian tradition of eating at Pita Pit really late and then stumbling home. And tell your new Minni friend to post here. I wanna hear more about T-Wolves sightings and parking Spree's rides.
solace Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:20:36
i'd drive down there, but i've already wasted 15 min of my lunch hour yaking with a tool from the IT help desk. quite sad when i know more than they do, but they're the ones w/ all the access/priveleges :)
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:19:01
Actually, I'm starting to think I might be serious. If any of you Minneapolis people work downtown, I'm up for happy hour today. I know two dates in a week is kind of heavy, but I promise I won't pull any moves.
solace Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:18:11
so do TEH PASSION, and TEH REALIST live in Minneapolis? i haven't really followed this whole saga.

jackanapes Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:16:22
Sarcasm?
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:15:31
Just kidding on the fake ID.
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:14:54
Just having my fun, man. You can call me a schoolgirl, I'll call you a child, then after work today we all go out for drinks. I could hook you up with a fake ID.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:13:23
Roomloo,
I thought we were friends.
solace Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:05:54
Speedy, glad to hear you and Cult were able to hit up Regina :)

roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:03:11
BTW thanks again, Speedy.
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 10:02:31
I guess it wasn't so great meeting Passion and the Realist. I mean, they're really nice guys, can spin a mean fart joke with the best of them, but just when things started to get fun their parents rounded them up and took them back to the hotel.
speedy_m Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:58:46
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

Hey Speedy, have you or Dean heard from a guy named magichead (real name Dave) about the Saskatoon tickets? He sounded interested in a couple, after I had already passed them on and left town.

Thanks for the kind comments -- great meeting you guys. All of you guys, really. I'll try and think of someone who it wasn't great to meet and post it here, but I'm thinking I'll come up empty.

I didn't see/hear from anyone who wanted to buy tickets, though I've seen a few selling. I assure you Dean will try his best to recoup your costs. Only because you're such a nice guy. My plans was to jump you and take 'em and sell them on eBay, but then you just gave them to Dean. We had a little Grinch-esque scene of our hearts growing 10x in size, and have decided that maybe this world is worth saving after all. Seriously though, good to meet you (however briefly), and all the others in the 'peg. Cheers!
jackanapes Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:54:05
Yeah MattB, how dare you! How could anyone ever think that mixing Rock and Roll and Alcohol is a good thing to do? ;)
LoganZ, I was only kidding about getting the pick from Patrick. I should be the first one to realise that sarcasm doesn't play well online.
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:53:26
BTW, in Minneapolis I yelled "I love you Kim!" while the roadie was sound-checking the bass. I guess I was a little over-anxious.
speedy_m Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:50:01
quote:

A likely story! I saw the dirty looks you were giving me. Seriously, that's awesome man! Thanks, if someone could email me an mp3 of the when that was said I would love to hear it.

What happened with yours and Cult of Frank's car? Me and Denise were in the restaurant and saw you guys going to the garage with the tow truck driver. Did everything work out?

-----------------------

Here's what happened. Since Dean is a genius, he'd thought he'd set his keys down in the trunk while he put the Winnipeg DiscLive into his CD changer. He then closed the trunk. So we had to have Incompotent Phil of Coathanger Locksmiths Inc. come and fiddle with some real professional looking tools in the door (for nearly 20 minutes), before Dean suggested just sticking the thing in through seal between the window and the fram and just pushing the "unlock" thing. That took about 2 seconds. See! I told you he was a genius. And the Regina show was awesome, you should have come. I will make it my goal to shout out something stupid at the Saskatoon show. And if I get kicked in the head by any crowd surfers, they shall face my wrath. Cheers to mattb and the King's Head kids.
roomloo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:48:33
Hey Speedy, have you or Dean heard from a guy named magichead (real name Dave) about the Saskatoon tickets? He sounded interested in a couple, after I had already passed them on and left town.

Thanks for the kind comments -- great meeting you guys. All of you guys, really. I'll try and think of someone who it wasn't great to meet and post it here, but I'm thinking I'll come up empty.
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:24:50
Who goes to a historical show like the Pixies' first in 12 years and gets drunk? Well, I guess we have the answer now . . . MattB and Kim Deal. Losers.
mattb Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:22:10
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

I tried to yell out "mattb RULES!" at the Regina show, but I think the mics picked it up weird, and it came out "mattb is creepy!". You gotta post your black and white pics though man! And long live the King's Head.

Hey roomloo... looks like the tix could be tough to get rid of. You're an allstar though, seriously. I should have said so in person, but good on you for the whole ticket thing. Cheers!

Anyone need four tickets to the Saskatoon show?

A likely story! I saw the dirty looks you were giving me. Seriously, that's awesome man! Thanks, if someone could email me an mp3 of the when that was said I would love to hear it.

What happened with yours and Cult of Frank's car? Me and Denise were in the restaurant and saw you guys going to the garage with the tow truck driver. Did everything work out?

-----------------------
speedy_m Posted - 04/16/2004 : 08:52:55
I tried to yell out "mattb RULES!" at the Regina show, but I think the mics picked it up weird, and it came out "mattb is creepy!". You gotta post your black and white pics though man! And long live the King's Head.

Hey roomloo... looks like the tix could be tough to get rid of. You're an allstar though, seriously. I should have said so in person, but good on you for the whole ticket thing. Cheers!

Anyone need four tickets to the Saskatoon show?
mattb Posted - 04/16/2004 : 08:34:53
quote:
Originally posted by mrgrieves1971

quote:

Some of you I met in Winnipeg might remember that I mentioned that in Minneapolis I drunkenly yelled out "Where is my Mind" during the encore and was wondering if the mikes picked it up. Well I was listening to the CD of the show on the plane back home and on Minneapolis Disc 2 track 10 In Heaven at 19 seconds you can actually hear me shout it out.

Listen to the CD you stupid fuck, it was between songs. Shouting during the song? do you think I'm a moron?

-----------------------
mrgrieves1971 Posted - 04/16/2004 : 07:44:45
quote:

The Calistanian Posted - 04/16/2004 : 07:12:01
Winnipeg Disc #1, track #7...at the beginning, Kim Deal says something like "Wow, you guys are really high!" Then there's cheering for awhile. After that dies down, crank up the volume, and you can hear me scream: "This is awesome!" I don't know why I said that, but it was awesome, so I was just telling the truth. Not to mention I tried screaming other times when the crowd was silent. Right before Holiday Song too I think.

I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Spiral~Daisy Posted - 04/16/2004 : 06:43:54
haha thats not lame, its cute. Made me smile.
klikger Posted - 04/15/2004 : 22:43:42
Those bastards. I was the only one screaming during the opening seconds of Joey's solo on No. 13 Baby.
roomloo Posted - 04/15/2004 : 21:52:39
I'd like one of the people responsible for the whole "To-nay!" thing to please stand up. Very loud and clear on the recording.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000