-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 04/13/04 Minneapolis, MN - Fine Line Setlist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
solace Posted - 04/13/2004 : 22:46:28
Bone Machine
Wave of Mutilation
U-Mass
Levitate Me
Broken Face
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Holiday Song
Winterlong
Nimrod's Song
La La Love You
Ed Is dead
Here Comes Your Man
Vamos
Debaser
Dead
Number 13 Baby
Tame
Gigantic
Gouge Away
Caribou

Encore:

Isla De Encanta
Velouria
In Heaven->Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf)
Where Is My Mind?
Into The White
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pixiesseixip Posted - 04/14/2004 : 21:49:07
Arrrgh!!! I swore I wouldn't read anything on this board until I saw the Pixies at Davis, but I couldn't help checking out all the info about the Minneapolis show!!!

Sounds like it was an awesome show. Great set-list!! And the part that I am MOST excited by is the potential encore set-list.

From what I've read on the boards, sounds like the crowd was not entirely made up of the most fanatic Pixies fanbase. Hopefully at Davis (and everywhere else) people will go nuts after the set and the Pixies will play for even longer!!!

I can't wait to see what happens at Davis!!! I doubt any two shows will have the same set-list!

(Although I am bummed that I found out kim deal sings "in heaven". That is one spoiler I wish I had waited for. Although, who knows, maybe Frank will sing it later in the tour!)

THIS RULES!
The Holiday Son Posted - 04/14/2004 : 14:56:48
We are simply passing through history.
This, this is history.

Though it would be nice to put a big "Spoilers" on the threads that describe the shows in details.
I wish I hadn't read the bit about In heaven...
woodworm Posted - 04/14/2004 : 11:54:22
i cant wait to hear tame

kim and frank screaming as one, again....

mac- i agree, its great to see winterlong on there

holidaysong Posted - 04/14/2004 : 10:44:30
so disclive def aint sending out until after coachella?

Éireann go Brách
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 04/14/2004 : 09:32:29
I can't believe they played WINTERLONG!
idiot_sleep Posted - 04/14/2004 : 07:16:04
That set list is so great! Closing the show with "into the white" just like the early years :) Is that the first time "la la love you" was played live?!? Thanks for the pictures, the entire band looks so great!

The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
- Kramer
Adam Posted - 04/14/2004 : 07:10:16
La La Love You and Kim sings In Heaven! I cant't wait to get my copy. Hurry up DiscLive.
hibster Posted - 04/14/2004 : 05:28:38
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

And by the way -- I might have remarked after seeing Frank outside on Sunday that he looked like he had slimmed down a bit. Obviously from the pictures, that was an optical illusion. He's as pudgy as ever!

Cameras always add some pounds!
I believe he did slimmed down according to a Mojo photo.
But who cares anyway?

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"

how many cameras has he eaten then?

this is why events unerve me
pants Posted - 04/14/2004 : 03:45:08
Isla De Encanta goes right into something against you
two reelers Posted - 04/14/2004 : 03:06:35
my god, they look...strange, at least

I joined the cult of this mouse / and now I occidentally tic-tac
billgoodman Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:52:56
madtempest posted a setlist he grabbed off the stage on pixiesmusic.com with these encore options:

ENCORE CHOICES:
WHERE IS MY MIND (PLAYED)
CACTUS
ISLA DE ENCANTA (PLAYED)
PLANET OF SOUND
INTO THE WHITE (PLAYED)
SUBBACULTCHA
BLOWN AWAY
WEIRD AT MY SCHOOL
VELOURIA (PLAYED)
HEAD ON
I BLEED
WAVE OF MUTILATION (UK SURF) (PLAYED)
IN HEAVEN (LADY IN THE RADIATOR SONG) (PLAYED)

Luckily there are some trompe and bossanova songs on them
Not to be a morron but the songs they played were somewhat expected by me, frank played lots of them solo the last years, so I was kinda hoping on more trompe and bossanova stuff. Good to see them on the setlist, althought they were not played, I guess they will be played later this tour

solace Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:43:50
yeah he's still slimmer than i recall in 1998 opening for Pearl Jam, but he was a lot more slim last April, than he was tonight, but he looks healthy anyway (imo)

billgoodman Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:42:40
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

And by the way -- I might have remarked after seeing Frank outside on Sunday that he looked like he had slimmed down a bit. Obviously from the pictures, that was an optical illusion. He's as pudgy as ever!

Cameras always add some pounds!
I believe he did slimmed down according to a Mojo photo.
But who cares anyway?

solace Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:39:58
roomlo, go on IM focker :)

roomloo Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:39:45
roomloo Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:37:18
So cool to come home and see pictures and stories from tonight already. I can't add a whole lot to what everyone else has said. I should add that Kim sang In Heaven, and the instrumentation was totally different from the BBC session -- 20 seconds into the song I was still thinking "new song!" And also, while I heard them rehearse the straight-ahead version of Nimrod's Son on Sunday, tonight they played half to-the-letter, the second half slowed down. Very nice.

There will be lots more from other people I'm sure -- obviously most people went out celebrating and/or went straight to bed afterward. Shoot, the next time I come to the forums I'll be back from Winnipeg -- there will be tons to catch up on.

Sad that there was only one Bossanova song. But that's what the rest of the tour is for, I guess. The band was tight, they enjoyed themselves, and I figure it will only get better as the tour goes on!
misleadtheworld Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:35:09
That's Lovering?! With the long hair? I thought it was McDave for a while; must've been the hat.

Great pictures Lafemme.

It's getting colder....
PixiesDeal Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:20:20
I don't think he has a mullet hahaha. But Kim is working the bangs haha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
otto_jr Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:04:32
Is it me or did louvering have a mullet. :)

Beautiful all around.
PixiesDeal Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:02:35
Those are COOL pics :) WOW!!! To FINALLY see pics of the Pixies on stage...truly amazing!! I can't wait for Coachella :)

"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
SonOfKarlMarxandCocaCola Posted - 04/14/2004 : 00:00:21
The set list looks fantastic. It's only missing one song I'd like to hear and unfortunately it's a big one - Alec Eiffel. Did they play that one live often or do they bother since they don't have an organist (I assume).

I'm seeing them Thursday and I'm sure nothing could ruin it, but I would be disappointed if they didn't play Alec Eiffel. So should I just not get my hopes up or what?

Son Of Karl Marx and Coca-Cola
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/13/2004 : 23:28:59
Nice!!!!

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
lafemmeaffole Posted - 04/13/2004 : 23:25:05
pics from tonight...

...that's history folks.
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/13/2004 : 22:55:46
Thanks! It's on our page:

http://www.frankblack.net/miscfiles/setlist.htm

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Apesy Posted - 04/13/2004 : 22:49:49
That's an amazing setlist, of course, but I think as a lot of us feared, Bossanova and Trompe may as well never have existed...

Still plenty more shows to come, though!

-=Apesy

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000