-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Two new shows-Atlanta & Chicago

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bluedirt1 Posted - 04/05/2004 : 16:33:24
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/906179
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tomlipp Posted - 04/22/2004 : 12:05:43
quote:
By-the-way, from my experience, sound at the Fox theatre SUCKS, but I've only been to one show there so it's not really "experience" but hopefully it won't suck.

No offense NimrodsSon, but I have been living in Atlanta since 1977, and the best venue by far is the Fabolous Fox theatre. Although, there are not many shows there anymore. This is by far the best place in Atlanta to see a show. The sound is great. I am not sure who you saw there. But I have seen many a show there througout the late 70's, 80's and then all of a sudden they dont get many shows there anymore. I think this is becuase of the seating capacity. BTW, this venue made Lynyrd Skynrd famous as their Live album "One More from the Road" was recorded there. "Play it pretty for Atlanta."
tomlipp Posted - 04/22/2004 : 12:04:47
quote:
By-the-way, from my experience, sound at the Fox theatre SUCKS, but I've only been to one show there so it's not really "experience" but hopefully it won't suck.

No offense NimrodsSon, but I have been living in Atlanta since 1977, and the best venue by far is the Fabolous Fox theatre. Although, there are not many shows there anymore. This is by far the best place in Atlanta to see a show. The sound is great. I am not sure who you saw there. But I have seen many a show there througout the late 70's, 80's and then all of a sudden they dont get many shows there anymore. I think this is becuase of the seating capacity. BTW, this venue made Lynyrd Skynrd famous as their Live album "One More from the Road" was recorded there. "Play it pretty for Atlanta."
solace Posted - 04/06/2004 : 07:54:36
at least in the case of Roy Wilkins here in MN, i cannot honestly see the show being more than $25-35, as a result of it being at that venue, so that's good i guess. it's a GA venue.

as for those $60 being "directly in front of the stage", my $22 ticket for Winnipeg is 2 rows from the stage as well
NimrodsSon Posted - 04/06/2004 : 07:27:55
oh yeah, didn't see that. I guess those are in the balcony which sucks for $40

ˇViva los Católicos!
hibster Posted - 04/06/2004 : 07:23:14
quote:
Originally posted by NimrodsSon

quote:
Originally posted by solace

hopefully those prices are incorrect, if so, no way in hell i'll be hitting up a fall show

I'd say that's pretty good. The $60 ones are DIRECTLY in front of the stage. Here's a seating chart. I don't know which ones are loge and which ones are reserved but the pit is very good.

ˇViva los Católicos!

my guess is the loge ones are the ones by the bit that says "loge" on it on the picture ;-)

this is why events unerve me
NimrodsSon Posted - 04/06/2004 : 07:07:03
Does anyone know if there will be any opening acts?

ˇViva los Católicos!
NimrodsSon Posted - 04/06/2004 : 07:02:05
quote:
Originally posted by solace

hopefully those prices are incorrect, if so, no way in hell i'll be hitting up a fall show

I'd say that's pretty good. The $60 ones are DIRECTLY in front of the stage. Here's a seating chart. I don't know which ones are loge and which ones are reserved but the pit is very good.

ˇViva los Católicos!
roomloo Posted - 04/06/2004 : 05:34:42
Haha Solace, I didn't notice the WIlkins one. I think I'll leave it up to my friends to get tickets, I'm not going through this again...
solace Posted - 04/06/2004 : 00:29:48
from the fb.net front page:

9/4 Les Schwab Amphitheatre, Bend, OR (on sale Friday, April 17)
9/6 Bumbershoot, Seattle, WA (on sale March 24)
9/18 Austin City Limits Festival, Austin, TX (on sale Saturday, April 24)
10/14 Fox Theatre Atlanta, GA More Info (on sale Fri, 04/09/04 10:00 AM)
11/11 Wilkins Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN (on sale Saturday, April 17)
11/13 Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL (on sale Saturday, April 10)
11/24 Arrow Hall, Toronto, Ont. CANADA (on sale Thursday, April 15)
solace Posted - 04/05/2004 : 22:38:27
yes those bands are real bands :)
solace Posted - 04/05/2004 : 22:36:15
BLT Posted - 04/05/2004 : 22:15:13
60 bucks. Christ!

Join the Cult of Cochise Gunn & the Catholics / Because he is Frank's handpicked replacement
pixiesseixip Posted - 04/05/2004 : 21:52:07
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

Heck, people will post about pre-13th shows even when they don't have leads.

Ha. True dat, true dat.

But seriously, has anyone been able to find out more information about the bands playing at the Fine Line on the 12th? Are they real bands? Not to start any false rumors, cuz I don't know a thing, but a $3 Pixies show would be awesome!!!
NimrodsSon Posted - 04/05/2004 : 21:34:50
Here's some more info on the Atlanta show:

The Pixies

Where: Fox Theatre
When: 10/14/2004
Price: $60 pit/$40 Loge/$35 reserved
Info: This is an all ages, reserved seating and limited pit access show. Doors open at 8pm....show at 9pm. Tickets on-sale Friday, April 9th at 10am.

ˇViva los Católicos!
roomloo Posted - 04/05/2004 : 21:06:02
If there were any leads, you can sure bet they would have been posted here already. Heck, people will post about pre-13th shows even when they don't have leads.

Sounds pretty dead at this point, but who knows.
pixiesseixip Posted - 04/05/2004 : 18:34:27
Thanks for the info!

The real question, though, is whether or not there is going to be a show BEFORE the 13th?!

Any more info on that show happenening on the 12th at Fine Line

Or any other leads??
NimrodsSon Posted - 04/05/2004 : 18:18:49
Well, although I'm not happy about the reunion, it'll be fun going to the Atlanta show. Does anyone know how much tickets will cost? I just spent $68 on David Bowie tickets and I'm kind-of short on cash. By-the-way, from my experience, sound at the Fox theatre SUCKS, but I've only been to one show there so it's not really "experience" but hopefully it won't suck. Thanks for the news! This definitely needs to go in the news section. I almost missed it since I hardly ever check this section of the forum. Anyone else planning on going to the Atlanta show?

ˇViva los Católicos!

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000